View Poll Results: What sounds better?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Numenorean settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

3 37.50%
  • Dúnedain settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

2 25.00%
  • Reunited Kingdom settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

5 62.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 18 of 84 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627284368 ... LastLast

Thread: [20/JAN/15]The Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS 1.62 v1.4 RELEASED!

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [UPD]The Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS 1.62 v1.2 RELEASED!

Quote Originally Posted by schoi2011 View Post
    Sorry to be a pain and if this has been asked already do i need to install both patches and the 3 bug fixes then your mod on top to make this work?
    Mega link for MOS v1.6.2 Exe

Mega link for MOS v1.6.2 Patch - Bin 1
    Mega link for MOS v1.6.2 Patch - Bin 2
    MOS v1.6.2 bugfixer1
    MOS v1.6.2 bugfixer2
    MOS v1.6.2 bugfixer3
    Cheers S
    From the OP:

Make sure you have the following installed correctly:

- A clean install of Third Age Total War 3.2.
    - MOS 1.62 with at least Bugfix 1, and Bugfix 2 installed Then you only have to do this:

- Install this submod in the same folder that your MOS 1.62 is installed in.
    - Run the "Cleaner.bat" file, which you can find in your "Third_Age_3" folder.
    - Play

Ok thanks done all that ive been told to do, ive ran the cleaner bat and then clicked to play but when i do i get a black screen and a ping* (sound my comp makes when an error message pops up.
    But there's nothing there i have to press esc to close down the black screen to return to my desktop.
    Any ideas?
    i did check all TA3 and mos1.62 before adding this sub mod and all worked fine.

Here is a little preview of the next release which should be out this week.

New traits and ancillaries from Spice Masters "Heirs of Rhovanion" and "Unite the Clans" as well as similar ones for Harad.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Some new unit additions from the above mods.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Good job! Did you make the ones for Harad yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Good job! Did you make the ones for Harad yourself?
    As far as the traits and ancillaries yes. Also I recieved a pm from Spice Master yesterday, he is still extremely busy with college right now but is thinking about returning and finishing off his "Serpent and the Sisters" mod and adding more units for Harad. Hopefully he is able to make some kind of return back into modding even if it is on a limited basis.

Seeing how that you can nearly unlimited amount of ancillaries and traits (8 ancillaries being the limit per character), I am considering doing something similar for Dunland a combo Germanic/Celtic mix of traits and further ancillaries. I have also started lowering the chances to receive many ancillaries so that characters have a better shot at getting the more important/useful ones.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; July 31, 2014 at 09:14 AM.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

I notice that I cannot recruit Knights of Annúminas there even with fully built stables. I get them as mission rewards, so the game believes I can, yet it is not so.

Edit and cannot recruit at all in Isengard.
    Last edited by Macilrille; July 31, 2014 at 02:58 PM.

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    I notice that I cannot recruit Knights of Annúminas there even with fully built stables. I get them as mission rewards, so the game believes I can, yet it is not so.

Edit and cannot recruit at all in Isengard.
    It takes about 10 turns before they show up in the browser after the reformation of Arnor. I believe only Arnor units can be recruited in Isengard as it has the arnor hidden resource, so if you are playing as Gondor you will not be able to recruit any Arnor units till after the RK event, or maybe I have that backwards......

I am playing as Arnor, it is more than thirty turns since I formed it and I have held Isengard for enough turns to be at 39% Dúnedain.

I just checked the descr_regions file for Isengard, it has the gondor hidden resource. so until you have the RK event there will be nothing recruited. I believe there is a map on the first page that shows (poorly, my drawing skills suck) the basic outline of where Gondor and Arnor are able to recruit. Are you able to recruit the knights now?

I have not reunited the Kingdom yet, half of Gondor is in Haradic hands, including Minas Tirith. And I had Aragorn assassinated as he was setting out to complete his rescue and RP-Mission. So had four hours game wasted since last QS :-(

That will teach me...

Then I went and got drunk with the other Vikings. Will tell you when I RK. Probably Sunday. I also get a CTD just about every turn, I do that as the game progresses over Turn 100, both in DaC and MOS and RK, so lots of reloads.

But usually I use Isengard as my strategic build and rebuild centre as I move south and give Rohan's provinces back to them. I cannot now. A bit of a bummer and I believe that Arnor should be able to recruit in Angrenost.

Edit, I also cannot build the House of Veterans there and the text in the buildings hints that the game thinks I am Northman culture even though I built Library and School. There is some messup there.
    Last edited by Macilrille; August 02, 2014 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    I just checked the descr_regions file for Isengard, it has the gondor hidden resource. so until you have the RK event there will be nothing recruited. I believe there is a map on the first page that shows (poorly, my drawing skills suck) the basic outline of where Gondor and Arnor are able to recruit. Are you able to recruit the knights now?
    Is there a way to disable this function again? I find this feature extremely stupid. Sorry for my harsh words.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger87 View Post
    Is there a way to disable this function again? I find this feature extremely stupid. Sorry for my harsh words.
    You could try and open the export_descr_buildings file in the data folder (probably a good idea to do this with Notepad++) and press ctrl+H.
    In the 'Find what' field, you type: and hidden_resource gondor. Leave the 'replace with' field blank and press 'replace all'.
    Repeat for and hidden_resource arnor. You might have to add an extra 'space' after each hidden resource, so test it with one line first.
    Two things:
    1. I did not test this, so I don't know if it works as I hope it does (Mike might be able to give you more info on that, if he isn't too insulted ).
    2. Make a backup, just in case it breaks everything or Notepad++ mucks up your game (in that case, try regular notepad).

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    You could try and open the export_descr_buildings file in the data folder (probably a good idea to do this with Notepad++) and press ctrl+H.
    In the 'Find what' field, you type: and hidden_resource gondor. Leave the 'replace with' field blank and press 'replace all'.
    Repeat for and hidden_resource arnor. You might have to add an extra 'space' after each hidden resource, so test it with one line first.
    Two things:
    1. I did not test this, so I don't know if it works as I hope it does (Mike might be able to give you more info on that, if he isn't too insulted ).
    2. Make a backup, just in case it breaks everything or Notepad++ mucks up your game (in that case, try regular notepad).

Not savegame compatible.

I would recommend staying out of the edb, if you wish to change this function I would open the descr_regions file where you can you add arnor and gondor hidden resources to every region.

Faramir has his battle model I guess, but he looks like a silver surfer.

Quote Originally Posted by schoi2011 View Post
    Ok thanks done all that ive been told to do, ive ran the cleaner bat and then clicked to play but when i do i get a black screen and a ping* (sound my comp makes when an error message pops up.
    But there's nothing there i have to press esc to close down the black screen to return to my desktop.
    Any ideas?
    i did check all TA3 and mos1.62 before adding this sub mod and all worked fine.
    Same Problem here. The error pop-up says "Medieval 2:Total War encountered and unspecified error and will now exit". However, there is no log of the crash in Event Viewer for some reason so no help coming from there. I'm running TATW 3.2 and MOS 1.6.2 with all 3 bugfixes and no other mods with no issues on Windows 7. Cleaner.bat has been run with no "could not delete" entries. The OP says that you need at least bugfix 1 and 2, which technically means that bugfix 3 is not required but should not be incompatible, regardless I tried with and without bugfix 3 and I get the same error. I tried re-installing on every level, reinstalled the game, TATW, MOS and RK, both in and out of "Program Files" to no avail. I re-downloaded the latest version of RK in case the installer was corrupted, still the same error. Ran the installers with and without UAC enabled (because I forgot to disable it the first time around), same old error. Anything I missed? This seems like an awesome submod but I'm all out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    Faramir has his battle model I guess, but he looks like a silver surfer.
    That issue should now be fixed. As I get more experience working in the bmdb it is getting a little easier but I have a long ways to go yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Uctecht View Post
    Same Problem here. The error pop-up says "Medieval 2:Total War encountered and unspecified error and will now exit". However, there is no log of the crash in Event Viewer for some reason so no help coming from there. I'm running TATW 3.2 and MOS 1.6.2 with all 3 bugfixes and no other mods with no issues on Windows 7. Cleaner.bat has been run with no "could not delete" entries. The OP says that you need at least bugfix 1 and 2, which technically means that bugfix 3 is not required but should not be incompatible, regardless I tried with and without bugfix 3 and I get the same error. I tried re-installing on every level, reinstalled the game, TATW, MOS and RK, both in and out of "Program Files" to no avail. I re-downloaded the latest version of RK in case the installer was corrupted, still the same error. Ran the installers with and without UAC enabled (because I forgot to disable it the first time around), same old error. Anything I missed? This seems like an awesome submod but I'm all out of ideas.
    Without being there, I would have to say that the mod did not install into the Third_Age_3 folder. When running the new cleaner it will ask to delete a folder, answer "Y" press enter. It will then ask you to enter any other key , do so and the cleaner should be complete. I may redo the cleaner to where it only deletes files and not folders just to make things a bit easier. Did your TATW run ok? and then did your MOS 1.62 run ok?

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    Without being there, I would have to say that the mod did not install into the Third_Age_3 folder. When running the new cleaner it will ask to delete a folder, answer "Y" press enter. It will then ask you to enter any other key , do so and the cleaner should be complete. I may redo the cleaner to where it only deletes files and not folders just to make things a bit easier. Did your TATW run ok? and then did your MOS 1.62 run ok?
    The mod seems to have installed into the Third_Age_3 folder, a bunch of new files that come with RK mod are in that folder after installation. When running cleaner.bat the first time, it says that it will delete a folder asking for authorization with a y\n prompt as you are saying. After pressing the "y" key followed by enter, a bunch of new entries show up in the .bat file with at the bottom an entry saying to manually delete any file\folder with a "could not delete" entry and to ignore those with a "could not find" entry, after which it says to press any key to complete\close the .bat file. I only get a bunch of "could not find" entries, so according to the instructions in cleaner.bat, there should be nothing to be done on my part, right? Both TATW 3.2 and MOS 1.62 run without any hiccups. I barely played vanilla TATW 3.2 but I've completed a campaign on MOS 1.62 without any issues. I also tried installing RK on a separate renamed Third_Age_3 folder, as for multiple submod installs, and re-pointing Third Age.bat, TATW.cfg and the shortcut to the proper folders. In that occasion, the folder with only TATW 3.2 and MOS 1.62 runs fine but the folder with TATW 3.2, MOS 1.62 and RK 1.2 crashes just like when RK was installed on the original Third_age_3 folder. So this leads me to believe that there's something messing up either when the RK installer is overwriting TATW or MOS files or something messing up when running cleaner.bat. What that is I have no idea though. I thought perhaps the RK installer might have been corrupted during download, but if I'm not mistaken, usually a corrupted archive file is impossible to extract. Regardless I tried re-downloading and re-installing to only get the same error. I've dabbled enough in troubleshooting to usually be able to fix stuff like this on my own, but I'm totally at loss here. Thanks for the help.