View Poll Results: What sounds better?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Numenorean settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

3 37.50%
  • Dúnedain settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

2 25.00%
  • Reunited Kingdom settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

5 62.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 39 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1429303132333435363738394041424344454647484964 ... LastLast

Thread: [20/JAN/15]The Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS 1.62 v1.4 RELEASED!

Default Re: [30/SEP/14]The Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS 1.62 v1.2.3 RELEASED!

The Black Guard of Barad Dur seems like a solid unit, finally some quality for the evil factions. Or at least will even be more of a problem.

Since you are working on a patch, rebel cave troll don't have a unit card nor a unit info picture. Gave me a bit of a surprise instead of two peasant there were 2 units of cave troll. They did spawn when I let Kirikgathol rebel to test the settlement.

Liamweed's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: [30/SEP/14]The Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS 1.62 v1.2.3 RELEASED!

:L im crashing attacking some other settlements now... i just gave up my gondor campaign after crashing to desktop attacking Umbar

found a very small issue with tharbad....the messages for port and bridge are reversed...fix the bridge and the announcement popup is for the harbor...and vice versa

and as the one person stated before grapshot for catties is a tad OP...maybe cut the power in half?...i was defending a ford and with 3 (yeah im excessive) catties i did over 1k kills each...and was one shooting entire units of upgraded trolls...not that i wasnt having a ball...but i have held that ford for ever now and have killed well over 20k mordor troops with a total loss of under 500 (due to their OP catties lol...damn troll homing missiles of doom are almost as bad as grapeshot....)

Default Re: The Reunited Kingdom submod crash all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Davek View Post
    Let's take it step by step.

1) I would recommend to complete uninstall all of medieval 2, erase every last bit of your computer.
    2) After that install from scratch in a other folder than program files.
    3) Test Kingdoms, Does normal Kingdoms work, can you play the normal game?
    4) When it does, install TATW, and test it again.
    5) install mos, and test, do this also for the bug fixes, test after each install to make sure it works.
    6) if mos also works install the RK mod again.

I am a bit unsure about the error logs, never had to do that, but I found some stuff from a dude called mythic, try this:

Sorta. In the medieval2.preference.cfg file, in the main Medieval II folder, you can paste in

[log]
    to= logs/system.log.txt
    level= * warning

at the end. Note that to do this, you will have to make the file un-read-only to edit it, then make it read-only again after you have saved your changes. After you experience a crash, look in your Medieval II Total War/logs folder to open up the system.log.txt file.
    I did all that, but it stop working when i install Reunited kingdom. it just shows me the title screen for 10 sec, and then crashes without any message.

Quote Originally Posted by Jox25 View Post
    Well. It's pretty simple:
    Everything you can download in this section is more or less stable. If people leave feedback in submod thread -> submod is working. If it's not working for you - something went wrong. To find out what is wrong we need a report what have you done, your log etc. etc.
    So you have to install the head: Medieval 2 Total War Kingdoms 1.5(only kingdoms 1.5) then mod for a game - Third Age Total War 3.2(only vanilla 3.2) then submod for a mod - MOS 1.6.2(only 1.6.2) and the finally the submod for a submod - subsubmod - The Reunited Kingdom v.1.2.3 You can't just install something another or in another order or after or smth imcompatible. After all of these you have to run Cleaner.bat file, located in the root submod dir(med2/mods/third_age_3(or whatever u called it)/Cleaner.bat).
    Try it out!

Lol just had a watch on how much text above. But suuuuuuuure it's pretty simple, MJ won't lie
    Well, i do know how to install mods, and what other to install them in, but that still does not work at all for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Liamweed View Post
    :L im crashing attacking some other settlements now... i just gave up my gondor campaign after crashing to desktop attacking Umbar
    Can you upload the rk_log?
    Quote Originally Posted by gogopher View Post
    found a very small issue with tharbad....the messages for port and bridge are reversed...fix the bridge and the announcement popup is for the harbor...and vice versa

and as the one person stated before grapshot for catties is a tad OP...maybe cut the power in half?...i was defending a ford and with 3 (yeah im excessive) catties i did over 1k kills each...and was one shooting entire units of upgraded trolls...not that i wasnt having a ball...but i have held that ford for ever now and have killed well over 20k mordor troops with a total loss of under 500 (due to their OP catties lol...damn troll homing missiles of doom are almost as bad as grapeshot....)
    I will double check the images and events to maker sure the proper event takes place. I will look at the 'grape shot' though I am not sure when I added that feature but when I find it I will lower the effect.
    The Black Guard of Barad Dur seems like a solid unit, finally some quality for the evil factions. Or at least will even be more of a problem.

Since you are working on a patch, rebel cave troll don't have a unit card nor a unit info picture. Gave me a bit of a surprise instead of two peasant there were 2 units of cave troll. They did spawn when I let Kirikgathol rebel to test the settlement.
    The rebel cave trolls lack of cards is fixed. The addition of some elite units for Mordor does not bode well for the good guys...... lol

EDIT: The Tharbad Historic Events are now fixed.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; October 09, 2014 at 12:45 PM.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    I will look at the 'grape shot' though I am not sure when I added that feature but when I find it I will lower the effect.
    The grape shot is something Leo introduced to his mod some time ago. I think it just made it into MOS 1.62, because dIRECTOR removed it in his latest update of his dIRECTOR's cut.

I agree that it is over powered, but I never proposed to remove it because it makes the fighting against the stack spam in the later parts of the campaign a bit less tedious. Lowering the effect might be a good compromise though.

Edit: The grapeshot was indeed introduced in MOS 1.62

Quote Originally Posted by Chancelog MOS 1.62
    - Added grape shot capability to Dwarf, Gondor and Arnor catapults; thanks to leo.civil.uefs for the idea and code examples
    Last edited by Veteraan; October 09, 2014 at 10:19 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

And have you tried complete reinstall from the game to the submod for submod? Take a look on versions you are trying to install(version of tatw, version of mos and version of rk).

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Threads merged

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Jox25 View Post
    And have you tried complete reinstall from the game to the submod for submod? Take a look on versions you are trying to install(version of tatw, version of mos and version of rk).
    Yes, i have reinstalled medieval 2 total war kingdoms, but it still does not work. I just see the title screen for a few secounds, and then it crash. It works with just MOS without any subsubmods, it's really weird.

Default Re: The Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS 1.6. Released!

I don't want to bother you guys with this.

But it would be handy if we had some more information on how to install this. It sounds easy and all that. But still it would be nice to see videos, pictures, more screenshots of the game itself. And a better link description how to download this mod. Not want to be a pain in the ass. But not all people are geniuses in installing such .

Greymane's Avatar Senator

I am in the progress of checking the custom settlements.

No problems with:

FORNOST ERAIN
    Thamas Thranduil
    Erebor
    Kirikgathol
    Gundabad

I do have a problem with:
    Dains Hall, I suffer from CTD there and the in the battle map it is a generic dwarven castle instead of a underground dwarven hold.
    Dale keeps CTD on me.

1) Does anybody else have these issue?
    2)Or any other issue with the custom settlement?
    3) Or for that matter in which custom settlement did you successful play.

Let me know so we can help Jox and Mike to get a complete overview of issues with custom settlements.
    *Sigh*
    These custom settlements are really driving me crazy. I've fixed both Dale and Dain's Halls at least once before.

Anyway, there is good news.
    I've fixed Dale again: for some reason a Huge City folder snuck back into a map it wasn't supposed to be anymore.
    If you remove that huge city folder (in this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\settlements\north_european\settlements), Dale should show up correctly.
    Will look at Dain's Halls now and I'll update this post once I find out what the matter is.

Thanks for reporting this, by the way
    Edit: neither Dale nor Dain's Halls crashed on me, by the way. Dale was a mountain and Dain's Halls is indeed a generic Dwarven fortess.

Alright. Fixed Dain's Halls. Same principle: remove the Fortress folder from this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\settlements\south_european\castles
    Dwarves should still have fortesses after you do that, because Leo added a large_castle folder and the castle and fortress battlemaps are the same for the Dwarves, I believe.
    There is one thing though: there might be a few textures missing from Dain's Halls.
    That's it for today. I'm well and truly fed up with the custom settlements right now
    So if someone else would look at the Gondor texture bug and the possible texture bug in Dain's Halls, I'd be very grateful.
    Last edited by Greymane; October 09, 2014 at 02:03 PM.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusDK View Post
    Yes, i have reinstalled medieval 2 total war kingdoms, but it still does not work. I just see the title screen for a few secounds, and then it crash. It works with just MOS without any subsubmods, it's really weird.
    Open ur root game folder(c:/games/medieval 2 - tw or anything like this) find there a folder with name Logs and upload all files from there right here(Before do this launch RK submod).
    P.S. do you use Third_Age_3 folder name for mod or have you changed it to anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    *Sigh*
    These custom settlements are really driving me crazy. I've fixed both Dale and Dain's Halls at least once before.

Anyway, there is good news.
    I've fixed Dale again: for some reason a Huge City folder snuck back into a map it wasn't supposed to be anymore.
    If you remove that huge city folder (in this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\settlements\north_european\settlements), Dale should show up correctly.
    Will look at Dain's Halls now and I'll update this post once I find out what the matter is.

Thanks for reporting this, by the way
    Edit: neither Dale nor Dain's Halls crashed on me, by the way. Dale was a mountain and Dain's Halls is indeed a generic Dwarven fortess.

Alright. Fixed Dain's Halls. Same principle: remove the Fortress folder from this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\settlements\south_european\castles
    Dwarves should still have fortesses after you do that, because Leo added a large_castle folder and the castle and fortress battlemaps are the same for the Dwarves, I believe.
    There is one thing though: there might be a few textures missing from Dain's Halls.
    That's it for today. I'm well and truly fed up with the custom settlements right now
    So if someone else would look at the Gondor texture bug and the possible texture bug in Dain's Halls, I'd be very grateful.
    The cleaner should be deleting this file, it is not. I do not know why. It will now delete the second folder as specified by Greymane in regards to Dain's Halls. Still working on a fix for Dale.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; October 09, 2014 at 03:23 PM.

Decanus

It´s excellent to know that the custom settlements issues are being corrected. Astonishing work as always!

.... I have no idea whether or not the log file will still say anything about the crash.... im one of those people who constantly goes into "Custom battle" to make sure the unit stats hes changed are correct then immediately clicks back then clicks third age campaign causing a crash :L. anyway had a lovely day total spent 30 turns forging a Eldar army after finally building everything then took it to conquer Tharbad which then attracted a plague
    Last edited by Liamweed; October 09, 2014 at 04:08 PM.

Where do you add those signatures given out? Iv looked through all the profile settings and im not seeing anything

Edit OHH OH and the last thing i ceep forgeting about is the Elves golden armor switcher, is it supposed to be working? because when i try use it it only works for the torso otherwise all the armor plating ALL of it stays silver and tbh i wouldnt mind if it was the other way around but :L
    Last edited by Liamweed; October 09, 2014 at 04:26 PM.

Greymane thanks for the fix.

Manually deleting the files for Dale worked, with a new game as well as a save game.

I have to yet to try the fix for Dains Halls however the CTD there seemed to be isolated, a turn later and in a other campaign I did have no CTD just a Dwarven castle.

.. im one of those people who constantly goes into "Custom battle" to make sure the unit stats hes changed are correct then immediately clicks back then clicks third age campaign causing a crash
    Going from custom battle screen to campaign screen and the other way around is causing CTD. Also clicking on to many nation symbols will cause CTD.

Where do you add those signatures given out? Iv looked through all the profile settings and im not seeing anything
    go to my account, then on the left there is whole list called my setting, one of those is my profile > edit signature > just copy paste a signature picture in the text box or type a text.

Going from custom battle screen to campaign screen and the other way around is causing CTD. Also clicking on to many nation symbols will cause CTD.

go to my account, then on the left there is whole list called my setting, one of those is my profile > edit signature > just copy paste a signature picture in the text box or type a text.

Thanks and :p i knew going from custom battles to the campaign causes game to crash it was my petty exuse so i wouldnt have to spend hours baiting Dunland to attack specific settlements :l