View Poll Results: What sounds better?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Numenorean settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

3 37.50%
  • Dúnedain settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

2 25.00%
  • Reunited Kingdom settlement/spy/agent/general/captain/etc.

5 62.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 31 of 84 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031323334353637383940415681 ... LastLast

Thread: [20/JAN/15]The Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS 1.62 v1.4 RELEASED!

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: [09.01.2014]The Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS 1.62 v1.2.2 RELEASED!

Having looked into it, it seems to me that it is most likely intentional, as it fits the color schemes very well. At least the Lorien guards are almost certainly correct, as their color scheme is silver and green for regular troops and thus silver and red make sense for a general. For Lorien, it's possible that they're using the wrong textures, but it still looks alright, and it's not likely that Silvan and Lorien elves are going to be fighting much, so it's not a big issue.

One issue that is big though is that I just discovered that the Helmingas Archers have no heads. They have bodies and helmets with no head in between.

Default Re: [09.01.2014]The Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS 1.62 v1.2.2 RELEASED!

Hi,
    well i just updated my RK to the new version and everything is fine but there are some bugs...

BUG#1:
    see it for yourself...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The Uldona Spine bridge bug

the battle started like this and all units were stuck in middle of these rocks and couldn't do anything!
    and there's actually no road to the bridge (the road goes underwater )

BUG #2: Hobbit bodyguards and OoG Uruks of Mora still don't have UI card IIRC.

some question:
    1.why is Sauron removed from this mod? (Sauron unit I mean!)
    2.the troll captains that you made are like the small captains and get thrown away when being charged by cav or etc. but don't die!
    3.why does the game crash every time I switch from custombattle to campaign in the main menu?(problem was in MOS too and i don't remember if it was TA too...)
    4.can you make new unit info pictures for the new units that you added?(brygath scouts, Logath axemen, etc.)

Liamweed's Avatar Libertus

Not sure if this is a problem or not but after looking at the preview images of the custome settlements I see that im getting Vanilla settlement icons e.g wooden walls stone walls not the icons in the original Mos 1.6.2 and the models on the battlemap are also Vanilla models from medieval 2 total war(i noticed this upgrading Both West and East osgiliath and all of the suposed custome settlements in Arnors regions e.g Annuminas

Liamweed's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Liamweed View Post
    Not sure if this is a problem or not but after looking at the preview images of the custome settlements I see that im getting Vanilla settlement icons e.g wooden walls stone walls not the icons in the original Mos 1.6.2 and the models on the battlemap are also Vanilla models from medieval 2 total war(i noticed this upgrading Both West and East osgiliath and all of the suposed custome settlements in Arnors regions e.g Annuminas
    note that i only get the wrong icons and models after upgrading but i can see all the custome models and icons starting the campaign

I will adjust the location of where the bridge is to hopefully get the bridge situated in better terrain. I can't answer 1. or 3. but I will look into question 2. Someone like Maltacus will have to make new unit cards which is not a skill I possess except very crudely.

Seems really good .

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

1. Sauron had 3 men per unit so this can be a reason (real reason I don't know as I havn't removed anything, I guess it's MOS stuff);
    2. See above;
    3. It's vanilla bug;
    4. See above.
    Fixing bridge requires map height editing(to Mike).
    Good game and have fun!

Decanus

Sauron IS present in RK, it is only not recruitable in custom battles (as well as the Balrog). As Jox25 states, it is a 3 units Sauron.

Quote Originally Posted by Jox25 View Post
    1. Sauron had 3 men per unit so this can be a reason (real reason I don't know as I havn't removed anything, I guess it's MOS stuff);
    2. See above;
    3. It's vanilla bug;
    4. See above.
    Fixing bridge requires map height editing(to Mike).
    Good game and have fun!
    thanks,
    you mean that the reason might be this that sauron had 3 men per unit? but what is the problem with it, that they removed him from MOS custom battle!?
    and where did you mean by "above"? i don't see anything here!

new Questions:
    1.the "Dark lord of Mordor" faction's captain strat model is vanilla HRE captain, can you fix it?
    2. cardinal named sauron comes in but the sauron is the pope so we have 2saurons here is it a bug?
    3. how can evil factions have cardinals? and what do servants of sauron (e.g Yaghur in the campaign start) exactly do?

Quote Originally Posted by lordargento View Post
    Sauron IS present in RK, it is only not recruitable in custom battles (as well as the Balrog). As Jox25 states, it is a 3 units Sauron.
    so you mean that they are still available in the campaign?
    i haven't seen sauron in any of my campaigns, but saw balrog in TA and MOS but not in RK...

Civis

Okay, i don't know what the f is going on, i installed everything as elvenkind's manual shows, tried what you guys got on your OP, but for some reason, i can't get this mod to work, MOS 1.62 is working just fine, but once i install this mod, i get to the first image where you see the siege of heelms deep, and then it CTD's... Any ideas?

H. Maverick, I am not sure what the issue is, it does sound as if it is a bad install. Or you may have a corrupted download. I would recommend re downloading and reinstalling the RK mod.

We should hopefully have a new update in the next day or two. Here is one of the new unique buildings added.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Quote Originally Posted by nikzi76 View Post
    thanks,
    you mean that the reason might be this that sauron had 3 men per unit? but what is the problem with it, that they removed him from MOS custom battle!?
    and where did you mean by "above"? i don't see anything here!

new Questions:
    1.the "Dark lord of Mordor" faction's captain strat model is vanilla HRE captain, can you fix it?
    2. cardinal named sauron comes in but the sauron is the pope so we have 2saurons here is it a bug?
    3. how can evil factions have cardinals? and what do servants of sauron (e.g Yaghur in the campaign start) exactly do?

so you mean that they are still available in the campaign?
    i haven't seen sauron in any of my campaigns, but saw balrog in TA and MOS but not in RK...
    When playing siege battles in c.battles Sauron occurs CTD. This may be a reason.

At first congratulations and thanks for your work! With all the new settlements from Leo it's like an MOS 1.7 for me...

Only three questions/suggestions.

Could you use the new campaign map image for Minas Tirith from Unofficial Patch 4.7? It's much better than the vanilla one IMO.
    Have you add the new C.S. Bree?
    Is there a way that you could make the UI more transparent like it's in DaC?
    ~~~ German translation TA and MOS~~~

Charlie: So what? You waltz in and make yourself at home whenever I'm out?
    Rose: That's not true. Sometimes you're upstairs asleep.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Or maybe you guys removed sauron from custom to have an additional unit slot since the custom battles sauron has a different entry in edu than the campaign sauron.

I noticed a bug. When fighting in mountain fort it was not a custom settlement. Adding the original folder from leos mod solved the problem.

Have you guys ever thought about asking eb team on permission to have their new vegetation?

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    Here is one of the new unique buildings added.
    Maybe use an image from the movie taken before Smaug came because I doubt dwarves would keep the mess he left them and would rather organise it more like it was before the dragon came.

When the majority of bugs and additional content is added I will make a separate version which leaves all the custom settlements untouched. I am not of fan of un-upgradeable villages and cities. I can't say when that will happen.

Sauron may indeed have been removed, I'd have to research that to be sure. We are trying to make as much room in the edu for the campaign units. We are also cleaning house on the Fellowship units since MOS doesn't support that campaign anyway.

Concerning the vegetation from from EB II, was the vegetation you refer the campaign map vegetation or the battle map vegetation?

If someone stumbles across an image of the pre-Smaug vault please post it or a link, I have searched for a few hours looking for additional pics of the vault, but the one you see here was provided by lordargento which is the best one I have seen so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Helmchen View Post
    At first congratulations and thanks for your work! With all the new settlements from Leo it's like an MOS 1.7 for me...
    Only three questions/suggestions.
    Could you use the new campaign map image for Minas Tirith from Unofficial Patch 4.7? It's much better than the vanilla one IMO.
    Have you add the new C.S. Bree?
    Is there a way that you could make the UI more transparent like it's in DaC?
    We will look at the new Minas Tirith, if it does not require too much work then it may be added. I am not sure if the wall around the Pellenor Fields would have to be reworked as well. Jox's Bree is included already. I think the User Interface will stay the same for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; September 21, 2014 at 10:24 AM.

Civis

H. Maverick, I am not sure what the issue is, it does sound as if it is a bad install. Or you may have a corrupted download. I would recommend re downloading and reinstalling the RK mod.
    Yeah, idk what I'm doing wrong, but i have to be installing it wrong lol, i tried to re-download it, put the third_age folder as the install path, and i still can't get it to work, its working fine with MOS alone, but once i install this, it CTD's.

Edit: FIXED IT!, i forgot that the new steam update messed up a few things

2nd Edit: Can't end turn, first faction is Rohan, it stops working and thats it, can't even get play one single turn...
    Last edited by H.Maverick; September 21, 2014 at 01:07 PM.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    When the majority of bugs and additional content is added(...)
    Skip the first part of this Mike.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

H. Maverick unfortunately I have no clue what the issue with your game is. Hopefully one of the skilled troubleshooters will be able to assist you.

Here are some alternate versions of the Grand Vault of Erebor.

Here are a few more detailed in game shots:
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; September 21, 2014 at 03:22 PM.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

What about an image like this?