Thread: Ultimate AI - Negative Feedback

Default Ultimate AI - Negative Feedback

Here is my feedback on the Ultimate AI mod - it is utterly ridiculous and unrealistic.

At first it seems cool and diplomacy is meant to be tweaked with the aim of it being more reasonable. I was enjoying it at the beginning and even fought some massive wars against France as the Holy Roman Empire. Allies don't backstab you any more.

However, the further into gameplay you get, the more unbalanced it becomes. I owned every region in France, Germany and a half of Italy, not to mention part of Spain. I had towns with massive populations and many upgraded buildings, trade negotiations with the remaining factions too.

Every turn i'm in debt, I have 2-3 full armies protecting all those territories (lmfao) and the poorly though-out economy system does not allow me to build enough soldiers to even go on the offensive.

Major problems which are laughable:

- Unit upkeep is absurdly high, can't have more than 2-3 full armies for 25 territories.

- Impossible to gain favour with the Pope, not possible to join Crusades for the entire game (as soon as you attack a Christian nation and get excommunicated, you won't be able to get good favour with the Pope anymore, doesn't matter if he reconciles you). Bribing the papal states with money, completing missions assigned by the Pope, re-electing a Pope from your country, converting other religious areas with Cardinals DOES NOTHING to gain positive favour.)

- Ai spawns full stack armies out of nowhere lol (yes it does happen, I mean really?)

Conclusion: Don't download this mod. It may seem fun initially but further down the line you'll see how truly silly it is.

Default Re: Ultimate AI - Negative Feedback

yeah i agree with you for all your words. And this mod is not even a 100 mb file. Why do you expect, we shouldn't have downloaded mate

My main problem is that foreign assassins are unstoppable, even with only 1 or 2 exp.
    Havent even hit 1100AD yet and a French assassin is killing one noble a turn, usually a my king.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlanth View Post
    My main problem is that foreign assassins are unstoppable, even with only 1 or 2 exp.
    Havent even hit 1100AD yet and a French assassin is killing one noble a turn, usually a my king.
    The reason that you can't have more than 2-3 full armies for 25 territories is because of a script. It's the grow balance script. It means you pay every cities and castles in yor game and this is only for human

playing with this mod was hard because money was running out in my game too. actually after first crusades I lost the foot hold on Jerusalem because I couldnt afford to maintain and buy new units. Playing as england I just had to do with few regions and to my surprise was able to build in peace.
    However at some point denmark attacked me which started the annoying pope says to cease hostilities thing. All I could do was to take blow after blow to my castles by denmark not being able to counter attack because pope says no.

The way I actually beated the game was by quick annex of non protected castles where ever I could and looting them for money, that was only way from keeping my balance going negative. I felt kinda lucky to find non defended castles when ever I needed.