Thread: ATW Screenshots

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default ATW Screenshots

I have been grabbing some really great screens from my campaign. I would laso be interested in seeing those of other members.

This one shows Aulue of the Faction Heir charging into battle, at night, through the long grass.

Saxons waiting in the woods. They are very tough there.

Saxon shiltron under fire.

Currently, Im at 494AD with Dynfient. Ive recovered from the early financial shock and am now building my economy and infrastructure for the long-haul. Ive got the Saxons and Gwent on the ropes. Im leaving them as a buffer zone so I can build my economy and army for the upcoming seasons. Rheged has pretty much taken over the central areas of the island, and the Mumiahia (sp?) have landed raiding parties on the western beaches.

494 AD - the Isle of Britain

Dynfed has just started sieging my newly captured Gwent towns, making their way through an unguarded pass.

More screens to come...
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; September 10, 2006 at 01:27 PM.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Default Re: ATW Screenshots

sorry, but i need that now:

SAXONPOWAHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAHH

thats from a custom battle against gwent actually

i'll post more stuff from my saxon compaign next time.
    Last edited by swabian; September 10, 2006 at 05:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Running onto propblems with Rheged now. They have overrun one of my captured Gwent towns. In this battle in the woods north of Carelon they killed Arthurs oldest son, Llychau. They are churning out Campweyr units by the half-dozen. I have managed an Allaince with Eoten, which is also fighting Rheged on their end of the island. Looks like they have regained a town or two. Dyfed has been beaten back for awhile, but now has a full-banner army heading my way. Looks interesting. It is also apparant that I wont be taking over the island at least within the next few decades or so (maybe much more). Making plans to pass Caldwhich (Excalibur) to faction heir.

​​

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Decades, really? Gauis, we really need long time tests currently, in order to rebalance the economy (and to prove that rebalancing is necessary). your campaign sounds very promising (and interesting). In which year are your fierce minions terrorizing Britain currently? can you show a stratmap screeny pls ?

Agraes's Avatar Pillar of Prydein

Now Gaius (or should I call you Cai?) you can say this:

I have been where Llachau was slain,
    the son of Arthur, awesome in songs,
    when ravens croaked over blood.

Blog Entries

Current situation: Fall 502 AD

In the west, Caer Magnis fell to Rheged forces several years ago, and they continue to reinforce in that area. As I stated before, Llychau, oldest son of Arthur, was killed north of Carelon by a raiding party. Is addition, Dyfned forces are sieging forts west of Carelon. I fought a pitched full-banner battle with Dyfned in the area several years ago, I won, but lost over half my army. Currently the newly retrained army is ready to drive Rheged back out of the area, hopefully before Dyfned reinforces.

To the north, Arthur is fighting Rheged forces near Caer Guricon. He has the best army so he should be able to keep them at bay. However, it appears that Rheged forces have disengaged the Eotens on the east end of the island and are heading his way. So at the moment, possibility of expansion is slim, at best. Whats interesting here is that the Dyfneint western army shares resources with Arthur in Caer Glew. This is where I have upgraded barracks, stables and armoury for retraining. If both have to fall back there could be problems. The next best facilities (just as good as a matter of fact) are in the Dyfneint capitol on the south coast. Marching there means giving up more ground though.

To the east, the Faction Heir has a full-banner army on the Saxon border. Its been real quiet there for about 12 years, No battles, nothing. Im trying to get a peace deal with them so I can switch some forces over to the north. They have rebuilt their army and have upgraded as well. No more hundredfloc. Lots of heavy infantry. Saxons are dangerous in the woods. I sent a small force to siege their capitol and they were wiped out. The Faction heir has the oldest army, mostly Aulue, so Im not real confident about fighting them now.

Economy still pulling a cuople of extra K per turn.

Allies: Powys, Eoten, Ui Neil. Eoten has a sizable army and is giving Rheged all they can handle. My hope is that combined we can keep them at bay, maybe even push them back.

From a battle with Rheged forces at the bridge south of Caer Magnis

​​

The House of Baltar

Damn that looks very good 1.3k income after 84 rounds... and you're right... you'll probably even need decades to conquer whole of wales and all germanic territories. cool. And the Saxons still have some provinces, thats actually close to what was intended. The Pcits seem to stand quite strong, given they're surronded by enemies. The only worry are the Angles and Mumainha. And Rheged is probably a bit too powerful, but one can't judge that due to one campaign.

could you post a picture of the financial histography eventually?
    Last edited by swabian; September 11, 2006 at 07:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Allright, heres some line graphs. 503 AD

Territory

Production

Population

Military

Finances

You can tell when the wars with Dyfned and Rheged started, bug downhill slide.

​​

The House of Baltar

Nice pics Gaius!

The situation in Ireland is very interesting. Typically the Mumainha have tended to dominate but there they have been all but swallowed up by the Ui Neill.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

i have headaches due to this

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by swabian
    i have headaches due to this
    Oh, by the way. This is ATW 0.60. (no patch). VH/VH huge settings.

​​

The House of Baltar

pheww... :tooth:

Blog Entries

A campaign update, Battle of Ciltern Saetean 507 AD

Layed siege to Saxon town of Angles Ford, was attacked by three Saxon formations.

Dynfient - 2549 men, led by Faction Heir Culdwich
    Saxons - 1520 men, led by their King

I set up a defensive postion behind a rock outcrop, forcing the Saxon formations to break into two sections as they moved around it. Fighting was heavy, Saxons broke through on my right wing and were into my archers, so I used my cavalry there. That held the line and it was just a slugging match after that. Finally, what was left of my cavalry broke through and rolled down their line on my right flank. I was then able to shift forces to my left and thn it was all over.

Pile of bodies marks where the infantry lines met

Final result - Clear Victory.

Dfyneint - 1420 casulties
    Saxons 1408 casulties

Angles Ford captured.

​​

The House of Baltar

@Gaius Baltar

I just would like to say good job. Im really happy that you have been updating your campaign, because it is an interesting read. Gives me somethin to do when it is slow at work. lol anways, good luck with your campaign, sounds very interesting, and I think I might have to try the mod out after I finish my Scythian Campaign, with a guide along side it with the DarthMod.

THE P-MAN
    Chuck Norris can make a paraplegic run for his life.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Man
    @Gaius Baltar

I just would like to say good job. Im really happy that you have been updating your campaign, because it is an interesting read. Gives me somethin to do when it is slow at work. lol anways, good luck with your campaign, sounds very interesting, and I think I might have to try the mod out after I finish my Scythian Campaign, with a guide along side it with the DarthMod.

THE P-MAN
    Ill post regular updates, as schedule permits. Ill have to forgo the patch updates to continue this campaign. Currently 507 AD.

​​

The House of Baltar

Blog Entries

Second Battle of Ciltern Saetean, Winter, 508 AD.

Dynfeint Faction Heir Culhwch leads the eastern army of 2183 men gainst the Saxon Cerdic's army of 1691 men.

Battle took place near Angles Ford.

There was a light snow falling, and the Saxons set up a defensive postion in a thick wooded area near the top of a gentle sloping hill.

The batlte started with a brisk cavalry action on the lower slope of the hill.

Scirmishing went on for awhile in the woods, at one point Culwch lead his personal bodyguard through the woods to catch the Saxon slingers by surprise.

Back and forth infantry movements left many bodies strewn through the woods.

The main body of Saxon infantry appeared through the snow and fog and charged into the main Dynfeint infantry line.

Culwch lead his cavalry around to the Saxon rear

Routing Saxon infantry are hunted down and put to the sword, and spear..

The woods are filled with the fallen...

The result, a Clear Victory for Culwch of Dynfeint, with 819 losses out of 2183 men. Saxon losses were 1354 men out of 1691.

​​

The House of Baltar

Blog Entries

Dynfeint campaign, Spring 518 AD

Arthur the Kind marched into Caer Legion during the winter, having crushed a Rheged army outside the city walls. The victory is tempered by the loss within the last few years of Geraint, his long-time companion, and Culwch, the Faction Heir. Both died of natural causes, which is somewhat unusual for the family. This leaves Arthur as the only multi-starred General besides his son and now Heir, Amhar. He is the only Dynfeint general left with night-fighting ability.

The economy is on an even keel, and repairs and upgrades are possible.

U'Neil has taken over Ireland, and has even landed troops a few times on the small Ynis Maw island. No sign of them on the mainland. Goddin has conquered much of the north of the island, and has eliminated the Picts entirely. Rheged is in control of the center of the island, and of course, Dynfeint the southern postion. To the east, the Eotens and Jutes remain. Llydaw has nearly taken over France.

Fighting in the woods near Caer Legion. Arthur is truimphant in his 62nd year.

The map, Spring 518 AD

​​

The House of Baltar