Thread: Please guys some help for a noob?

DrakeRox's Avatar Senator

Default Please guys some help for a noob?

Hello guys, im just got started on both SoIaF and on the mod, ive downloaded KoRaH, played and enjoyed but i have a few questions :
    1. I saw that the submod was not much more than a TWM2 sandbox with SoIaF factions and characters, its lacking alot of more diplomatic action between the factions and interesting characters and missions(i am not saying that the mod is bad, and i know its not easy to make it too, its great we have people who put their time into it witouth receiving anything in return), is there any submod that is more complete in those aspects?
    2. Since im newbie on SoIaF i couldnt understand the context of the submod, it is happening alot before the books 1-3 actual time or after?
    3. Based on a few posts i read here, the mod tw:westeros v1.0 is far from being released, do any of u guys have an idea of when is it going to be released?(im not looking for a date, only want to know if its going to be this year or next year) or is it currently stuck on development?

i hope u guys understand that im a newbie here so if i said something wrong just correct me, ty for ur comprehension

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Please guys some help for a noob?

Enhanced submod is your War of the Five Kings. It is more 'full' than the westeros 0.53 mod but if you are looking for a diplomacy driven gameplay then consider joining a hotseat I never considered playing hotseats but now I realise my mistake. The intrigue between real players is gr8

EDIT: Probs shoul answer the other questions....
    KoRaH is set centuries before the books, even before aegon's conquest. It is semi-factual (we don't have a ton of knowledge of the time period). Based on the level of detail it is firmly my favourite released submod yet. Close seconds would be Fire And Blood, a submod based around the scenario of Viserys invading westeros with the dothraki just before eddard tries to arrest cersei. It adds a ton of settlements and new factions, along with a few new aor units which help make the mod unique. Enhanced as I said is a fuller westeros 0.53 yet I would say play that in a hotseat (much closer to asoiaf feel than playing ai). Of course if you prefer scenarios not in the books/show then blackfyre rebellion mod might tickle your fancy. Soul is nearing completion of his aegon's conquest mod while korpskog is creating Essos total war (set in Essos).
    My mod WRM which is based on the enhanced mod is still very much in beta but is set during ACoK, I am hoping to add in as many scripts as possible that will add flavour to the game. (Such as taken_prisoner, Dornish-Gregor dispute, Robbs Marriage, euron's return, ect.)
    About 1.0 release, there are hopes for Christmas release but anything can happen (for better or worse). Do not get your hopes up however, you may have to endure my submod's completion before the offical mod is released.
    Last edited by Iron Aquilifer; August 25, 2013 at 03:56 PM.

To answer your questions

1: The most polished submod is KoRaH, at least by now
    2: The 0.53 alpha is set on the begining of the war of five kings, about the end of the first book
    3: Best case scenario it will be released around christmas this year, worst case scenario christmas of the next year

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That guy did my paragraph in three lines

DrakeRox's Avatar Senator

ty guys, i dont understand the concepts of hotseats yet but i will be surely looking for it !