Thread: Rome 1 turn 2.6 question

salsahavok's Avatar Foederatus

Default Rome 1 turn 2.6 question

I notice its been changed regarding citizenship. Before you had to annex region/client state before getting citizenship and now you can just get it straight away.

My question is

Is there any difference between getting annex region > citizenship and just citizenship?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: Rome 1 turn 2.6 question

Citizenship was 'supposed' to be available as a choice in the first place. It was just overlooked in 2.5. The differences between them are economic and what units, if any, you can recruit in that region if you annex it. No Roman units will be available in an 'annexed' region.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

but after the Marian reforms do you still get Roman units in an annexed settlement I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Citizenship was 'supposed' to be available as a choice in the first place. It was just overlooked in 2.5. The differences between them are economic and what units, if any, you can recruit in that region if you annex it. No Roman units will be available in an 'annexed' region.
    Wait..you don't have to 'Annex' a region to recruit Roman units??

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by siregar0511 View Post
    iirc - nothing has really changed, dvk' has simply made it work as it was supposed to. You can either:

- Annex the region and then grant citizenship, making them Roman 'faster', but they may not be entirely happy about it. You will be able to raise Late Auxilia after the Augustan Reforms with Oppidum L3 and not need Citizenship; or

- You can make them a Allied/Client State and then build the Client State Barracks (either level); and then grant Citizenship afterwards - from either level of the barracks. You no longer need to build the 2nd tier one.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

So would the 'Annex' route result in Roman units as per core region & the Allied / Client provide regional units, at least for starters?

Balla
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Forum glitch. dp sorry!
    Last edited by Ballacraine; August 27, 2013 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballacraine View Post
    So would the 'Annex' route result in Roman units as per core region & the Allied / Client provide regional units, at least for starters?...
    Well, it's pretty much as I wrote...

If you want access to All Local AOR units and/or Socii Allies (Early) then go the Allied route. After the Marian reforms I stopped doing that and simply went the Annex and then to Citizenship route. Annexing will mean that (Imperial) you will get Late Auxilia from Oppidum Lvl 3 (which is all you need in Area 6 for generic legions); however Citizenship is needed for the Campus Martius and subsequently the Legions (Fortress). Some few AOR units will sometimes be available in those areas.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Thanks for the clarification.

Balla.

Tiro

For me captured settlement fate in v.2.6 is kinda tricky. As a roman I everywhere granted citizenship cause in conquered settlements I need happines/law badly (unrest 80 per cent!). Citizenship also gives some units fast (no need for building barracks), so why even think about cliend state or annexation? On the other hand - I can't recruit allied cohorts (is that even possible at all in non-Italian settlements?) - that's a loss.

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Zydrius View Post
    For me captured settlement fate in v.2.6 is kinda tricky. As a roman I everywhere granted citizenship cause in conquered settlements I need happines/law badly (unrest 80 per cent!). Citizenship also gives some units fast (no need for building barracks), so why even think about cliend state or annexation? On the other hand - I can't recruit allied cohorts (is that even possible at all in non-Italian settlements?) - that's a loss.
    Haven't been playing in a while, and haven't even properly tried 2.6 yet unfortunately, but you should be able to recruit allied cohorts anywhere. Just make a region a client state and then right click on the barracks to make sure, but it wouldn't make sense for them to not be recruitable outside of Italy
    In
    regard to public order, build the main temple (for Rome it's the Jupiter Optimus Maximus one) as you don't take a tax penalty from it. And build tribal justices and, if you're stuck, wells. Cities riot at 65%, so 70% is safe.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches