Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RSM 1.2 and 1.2.1 Issue Reporting and Gameplay Feedback

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: RSM 1.2 Issue Reporting and Gameplay Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    There is a still this small sound problem in S2TW that is probably caused by the added units in RSM. Somehow the game is not tolerant towards added features or units, which causes the minor sound problem. For now there isn't much I can do, and I'm not happy to say that......
    A while ago, I managed to fix sounds completely (so I think ) with your mod by importing the vanilla units table to the mod pack and leaving the RSM_units table as a fragment. Then run SS with the new mod in place.

Looking at my data directory now, I have both the main mod and the SS pack as type movie. Not sure if there's any reason to avoid 'mod' type packs in this case, but this arrangement was working for me last time I checked.

At the time, I was hoping this would turn out to be a simple, 'catch all' procedure for any mod, but never got around to testing that theory. My old method (which worked well with TROM) was to combine all units tables into one, maintaining the vanilla row order at the top of the file and appending custom unit entries thereafter. The general idea is to maintain the order of the default units table... CA apparently implemented some sort of hash map to key sounds to units. SS needs a little help in this regard, especially when a mod utilizes multiple units tables. In any case, simply including the vanilla table is easier and achieves the same result.

Give that a try. I can upload my packs for comparison if that method doesn't work for some reason, or I've forgotten something.

Iutland, I have to say that I can see that this mod probably required a massive ton of work to make. It's very complete and adresses even the tiniest detail - even visualy (FotS units, especially samurai, are now beautifull), and the gameplay plays more realistic and is more fun. Hell, I didn't buy Rome II already because I can't stop play Shogun II.

Well, since that's out of the way (and this is not the thread to do this), here's what I've came for.

A felow player in the steam workshop mentioned a possible fix for the sound issue by using the darth mod sound fix, which I've tried and it works for bow units, some matchlock (elite matchlock samurai to be exact) were with cannon sounds, and there is a very rare (needs more testing) trumpet sound misplaced.

I've did this because I have no moding experience and I could not try Kurisu Paifuaa's method (thanks btw for the solution, even though I can't try it someone might... and fix his sound problem).

Now, with the darth's sound fix and the RSM pack in place I've run sinfonia semplice just to see if it did something, and at least the only unit with wrong sounds I've encountered is Nanban Arquebusiers so far I call it a 98% sucess in fixing the sounds.

Just letting people know on the forums.

Wow I have to try that.

Also I noticed that attrition is gone. Is my installation bugged?

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Funny...so that's why I feel there is something missing...There is no Attrition!

And oh, about the Sinfonia Semplice; just run it. However, rename the Sinfonia_Semplice.pack generated in the data folder into something that starts with ZzZzZ, so it will load last.

It works. No Sound Problems anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    Funny...so that's why I feel there is something missing...There is no Attrition!

And oh, about the Sinfonia Semplice; just run it. However, rename the Sinfonia_Semplice.pack generated in the data folder into something that starts with ZzZzZ, so it will load last.

It works. No Sound Problems anymore.
    Thanks for the help but still no cigar... there are still switched sounds and btw, my above method, just found multiple units with the sound bug so...

In adition I've tried using PFM by opening RSM.pack, searching for RSM units_table and by selecting the option "Add", opening models2.pack in Shogun 2 data folder, added units_table from DB directory, save and running Sinfonia tool with the modified RSM.pack in place, checked both packs in the mod manager and nothing still having messed up sounds, then proceded change said packs to movie format in PFM, runed Shogun and... nothing still messed up sounds. I've very inexperience so probably I'm doing something wrong, if it were possibly I could use some sort of help in this method.

I only hope that CA doesn't pull the same crap on Rome II with another "magnificient" patch that breaks or dificults the life of the modders and players since I'm already seeing multiple good mods that I just have to play, not mentioning the fact that mods correct, customize, personalize, beautify, add longevity and replayability to games. One of the strong points of PC gaming after all.

Sorry for the long post turned rant.

Thanks in advance guys, CA might not realise but I've played this game for so long and the dam thing still feels fresh because of your modded content (crap I'm ranting again).

Quote Originally Posted by Xanxuas View Post
    Thanks for the help but still no cigar... there are still switched sounds and btw, my above method, just found multiple units with the sound bug so...

In adition I've tried using PFM by opening RSM.pack, searching for RSM units_table and by selecting the option "Add", opening models2.pack in Shogun 2 data folder, added units_table from DB directory, save and running Sinfonia tool with the modified RSM.pack in place, checked both packs in the mod manager and nothing still having messed up sounds, then proceded change said packs to movie format in PFM, runed Shogun and... nothing still messed up sounds. I've very inexperience so probably I'm doing something wrong, if it were possibly I could use some sort of help in this method.

I only hope that CA doesn't pull the same crap on Rome II with another "magnificient" patch that breaks or dificults the life of the modders and players since I'm already seeing multiple good mods that I just have to play, not mentioning the fact that mods correct, customize, personalize, beautify, add longevity and replayability to games. One of the strong points of PC gaming after all.

Sorry for the long post turned rant.

Thanks in advance guys, CA might not realise but I've played this game for so long and the dam thing still feels fresh because of your modded content (crap I'm ranting again).
    They used a different platform for sound integration in R2, so hopefully none of that this time around. FotS screwed us over in a number of ways, the sound bug being by far the most irritating. Second and third place go to the lack of updates for the Assembly Kit data and the arbitrary changes to the lighting and materials rendering that didn't fit the base game (sort of solved, arguably).

As far as getting your present problem sorted...

1) Make absolutely certain you have no other mods that contain a units table sitting in your data directory. SS will aggregate these and it's output will likely be erroneous. Clean house of everything except the RSM pack prior to running SS and then also while you verify that it works. Don't add other mods containing a units table unless you integrate/merge it with RSM's unit table (and re-run SS). In other words, keep it simple at first.

2) The units table is actually in data.pack, but that's probably just a typo since you found the DB directory.

3) In my setup, I have both mods as movie types, named RSM_1_2.pack and Sinfonia_Semplice.pack. Weirdoascensor seems to have it working without packing up the vanilla units table, so there may be alternate routes to a working fix that involve pack and table priority via naming conventions. My tables are named RSM_units and units, both in the RSM pack in the units directory.

I'm linking my packs for reference and for you to test... these work perfectly for me. Ganbatte

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dv..._sound_test.7z

Thank you Kurisu, thanks indeed, I didn't try yet your method on my original packs but I'm using yours on a clean install and for now (I'm still trying out all units in different circumstances) the sound is fixed. I sugest, with yours and the author's permition posting your files on a sticky or something in the mod directory for other people less skilled, like me, to fix their sounds by using your packs.

Also, I'm trying to pour some time in carefully playing and testing out the mod to hunt for bugs and oddities, trying to lend an hand by pointing out bugs.

- Yari cavalry animation:

-Yari cavalry animation:
    This one needs more testing in vanila because I think it's a problem with the original skeleton animation.
    The rider clips through the horse floating in mid air by a sec when perfoming the attack animation, other times just floats off horse.
    - No atrittion:
    Don't know if it's intentionally, regardless there is no atrition in the game.
    -In diplomacy I have always a 10% bonus due to hostage on any clan I encounter:
    By the time I noticed this I've already researched some tecnologies that grant bonus on the relations so I don't know if it's related.

Don't have anything more to say beside that I'm still glued (when I can) to the game thanks to this mod, it's only a shame that nagamaki samurai didn't have their existence in vanilla because even with the greatest efforts they animate and sound like naginata samurai, even tough the nagamaki was a sword not an halberd (if you can call a naginata an halberd).

My god can't I make a smal post for once? Thanks guys.
    (btw sorry for the messed up post pressed to post the reply by mistake)

Thank you Xanxuas :-)
    I removed attrition on purpose due to the overall nature of the campaign map. The Japanese islands is a rather small Total War arena, therefore I decided that wasn't that relevant since the armies should always be able to find shelter during winter seasons.

Cheers
    Iutland :-)

How would you add it back? I got no help in the modding forum.

None of the added artillery is showing up for me in campaign. I only have access to the british armstrong gun, the american parrot gun, wooden cannons and the gatling.

Hi again, I have been a little absent because of my work and I would like to thank Kurisu. I'm using your pack files and I have not a single sound bug. I've experimented in sea and land battles, all units and no problems I can now enjoy this wonderful game.

Just one thing that got me to ponder, during testing I saw that the "shimazu samurai retainers" are underpowered in relation to others clans "normal" counterpart they have a +1 in melee defense and armor but they are crushed in melee because their counterpart have a +7 in melee attack so they only win in a shootout. It's just odd for the shimazu because they are the "sword masters".

Btw I know the katana was a secondary (I won't say last resort since one day I asked that to my teacher and then he showed me his hands saying this is the samurai weapon of last resort) weapon and I do love the reinterpretation of the mod of those "holywoodeske" katana samurai it's only a shame that (at least in my opinion) the sword animations are little more interesting.

Thanks again and stay well.

Hi again, I have been a little absent because of my work and I would like to thank Kurisu. I'm using your pack files and I have not a single sound bug. I've experimented in sea and land battles, all units and no problems I can now enjoy this wonderful game.

Just one thing that got me to ponder, during testing I saw that the "shimazu samurai retainers" are underpowered in relation to others clans "normal" counterpart they have a +1 in melee defense and armor but they are crushed in melee because their counterpart have a +7 in melee attack so they only win in a shootout. It's just odd for the shimazu because they are the "sword masters".

Btw I know the katana was a secondary (I won't say last resort since one day I asked that to my teacher and then he showed me his hands saying this is the samurai weapon of last resort) weapon and I do love the reinterpretation of the mod of those "holywoodeske" katana samurai it's only a shame that (at least in my opinion) the sword animations are little more interesting.

Thanks again and stay well.
    Glad it's working for you

Likewise, I've barely had any time to indulge in these games since moving last month.

The Shimazu retainer stat sounds like a simple balance oversight. I'd have a look in unit stats table and give them a boost, relative to their already improved defensive stats.

Whenever I get back to playing Shogun again, I'd personally like to try to implement a system of ashigaru progression for this mod (ala trom3) with accompanying unit variants (graphical). I'd also like to see unit availability/caps somehow tied to farm types and agricultural wealth... something representative of the importance this played historically.

Hello once again, that ashigaru progression system is a really great idea I can also point a mod that (at least what I remember of) implemented such a system to a good effect If not the the best one "True Samurai" ashigaru soldiers unlocked as you research the tree and they had visually and stat changes and the prior reflected the former the best unit of ashigaru (late ashigaru) was unlocked after researching "shi" and they were god damn effective but still a little bit inferior to samurai as opposed to the cannon fodder of the very early peasant ashigaru that you got from the start.

Another topic this time bugs that I've found recently:
    - When you use "Stand and Fight" ability the general gets stuck in a looping animation where he sheaths his sword and sits to immediately get in a stand up position grasping his yari and also the yari floats awkwardly while he sheaths.
    - I don't know if this is intended but at least stat wise (never tested in battle) shimazu heavy gunners don't look cost effective they are the most expensive "shooter" unit and have a -20 reload skill and less melee attack and defense values compared to the cheaper Elite matchlock samurai

Again, I'm loving your work and I must say this mod is a must play especially in Fall of the Samurai I cannot state how amazingly spectacular the battles are and the little details modified in that game.

P.S. The bugs I've encounter are only tested in the Sengoku campaign I'm still unable to properly play the other ones due to lack of time (my work grrr).

By the way forgot to add the same mod I was talking about boasts an amazing and beautiful unit variation visually speaking might worth checking it out for ideas or inspiration...

Hello once again, that ashigaru progression system is a really great idea I can also point a mod that (at least what I remember of) implemented such a system to a good effect If not the the best one "True Samurai" ashigaru soldiers unlocked as you research the tree and they had visually and stat changes and the prior reflected the former the best unit of ashigaru (late ashigaru) was unlocked after researching "shi" and they were god damn effective but still a little bit inferior to samurai as opposed to the cannon fodder of the very early peasant ashigaru that you got from the start.

Another topic this time bugs that I've found recently:
    - When you use "Stand and Fight" ability the general gets stuck in a looping animation where he sheaths his sword and sits to immediately get in a stand up position grasping his yari and also the yari floats awkwardly while he sheaths.
    - I don't know if this is intended but at least stat wise (never tested in battle) shimazu heavy gunners don't look cost effective they are the most expensive "shooter" unit and have a -20 reload skill and less melee attack and defense values compared to the cheaper Elite matchlock samurai

Again, I'm loving your work and I must say this mod is a must play especially in Fall of the Samurai I cannot state how amazingly spectacular the battles are and the little details modified in that game.

P.S. The bugs I've encounter are only tested in the Sengoku campaign I'm still unable to properly play the other ones due to lack of time (my work grrr).
    Thanks for your feedback and praise Xanxuas :-)
    I've got more than my hands full with CAC for Rome2; if and when I do an update to RSM I will remember the Ashigaru progression the two of you are discussing.

Rage of general's bodyguard = 30 ??
    also same as revolver carvarly.

sorry for double post

Range of unit that use revolver is about 30 is that normal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thanat0666 View Post
    sorry for double post

Range of unit that use revolver is about 30 is that normal ?
    Yes; have you tried to hit anything with a handgun at ranges above 30 meters. It is more difficult than it seems in Hollywood movies ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by disposable View Post
    None of the added artillery is showing up for me in campaign. I only have access to the british armstrong gun, the american parrot gun, wooden cannons and the gatling.
    I have located the problem now. It just doesn't work with the FotS stand-alone version, vanilla Shogun 2 is needed for the artillery to show up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast