Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RSM 1.2 and 1.2.1 Issue Reporting and Gameplay Feedback

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: RSM 1.2 Issue Reporting and Gameplay Feedback

Damn ; I really liked playing FOTS with this mod but I can't enjoy the S2 campaign because of this stupid cannon sound from the bow ashigaru. I :-(

I tried the mod and the movie version from this site and mod manager fail to load them. He doesn't recognize them even if I notice them in the user file.

EDIT : ok, I must have become totally moronic I had forgotten that all the packs goes in the data file....

Actually, I've been only using the steam workshop lately so maybe its normal I forgot how it works... For the sound bug fix, I remember this if it works for TROM, it should work for RSM). :

""" To anyone with sound issues, you should be aware that the default Sinfonia_Semplice is a 'mod' type pack and TROM is a 'movie' pack. Movie packs are basically mod packs that load automatically if they're in the data directory, and always load after mod packs. Since TROM has its own (outdated) soundfix, Sinfonia must load after TROM. You can do one of three things:

1. Use Pack File Manager tool to turn Sinfonia into a movie pack. Although this method does work, its worth noting that you cannot truly establish a load order between different movie.packs, no matter how you name them (alphabetically).
    2. Turn TROM into a mod pack and use Shogun Mod manager to load it before Sinfonia's mod pack.
    3. The safest method: Turn TROM into a mod pack, and Sinfonia Semplice into a movie pack. This guarantees TROM loads before Sinfonia Semplice. """

I will try it with RSM. Will let you know if it works.

RE RE EDIT : It works !!! The bug is evitable, now. Will modify the quotation and write it on your steam page.
    Last edited by Yerevan; October 28, 2014 at 12:41 PM.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Try the version provided by noble Kurisu Paifuaa. I ​​play without sound problems

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Feedback/page2

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks Marengo. But I just used a method which worked with TROM and it works with RSM too. Its on the post above. The third solution. Put more clearly :

About the bow ashigaru cannon sound issue, for those who tried to use sinfonia semplice to correct the bug without success :

You should be aware that the default Sinfonia_Semplice.pack is a 'mod' type pack, just like RSM1.2. In order to work, sinfonia semplice pack must load after RSM. The problem is that theres is no way to control in which order mod manager will load the mod packs.

But movie packs do load after mod packs. So the solution is to turn sinfonia_semplice.pack into a movie pack with PFM (pack file manager I've put the link under).

This guarantees that RSM_1_2.pack loads before Sinfonia and sinfonia's pack will really correct the RSM sound files.

Sinfonia Semplice : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...d-Fixing-Tool)

PFM : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...a-improvements

before Sinfonia and sinfonia's pack will really correct the RSM sound files.
    Last edited by Yerevan; October 28, 2014 at 01:01 PM.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

I cannot see or use any of the new artillery and the old one requires either a British or US trading district, thus shifting the balance in favour of the Imperialists. Is there a way to fix this? (I only have FotS)

I have the sound bug... I had fixed it on TROM with aforementioned method, but now it never goes away... i tried sinfonia movie file, sinfonia movie +original mod file , Them clean install to verify no other file was forgotten inside, all over again and nothing.
    I did tried to download some files posted on this thread but until now i couldn t download it

Quote Originally Posted by Charbel View Post
    I have the sound bug... I had fixed it on TROM with aforementioned method, but now it never goes away... i tried sinfonia movie file, sinfonia movie +original mod file , Them clean install to verify no other file was forgotten inside, all over again and nothing.
    I did tried to download some files posted on this thread but until now i couldn t download it
    It is difficult to get around this unwanted feature even with all the suggestions posted in the tech threads. But I succeeded in fixing the Bow Ashigaru sound bug so it is standard bow sound when firing. It was done by using a combination of database update and new build of Sinfonia Semplice in RSM 1.2.1. The only drawback is that now the Bow Ki (FoTS unit) has the same problem (but not in RSM 1.2).

Therefore I have released RSM 1.2.1 and also kept RSM 1.2. They shall now be used for different campaigns thus avoiding any sound bugs:

RSM 1.2 is the version that shall be used for playing the FoTS campaign because Bow Ashigaru (Shogun2 unit) sound is corrupt even after employing the Sinfonia Semplice sound fix.

RSM 1.2.1 is the version that shall be used for playing the RoTS and Standard Shogun2 campaigns because Bow Ki (FotS unit) sound is corrupt even after employing the Sinfonia Semplice sound fix. However the Bow Ashigaru sound is fixed in RSM 1.2.1!

New download links added here.

A Sinfonia Semplice sound fix pack for RSM 1.2 standalone installation and a one for RSM 1.2.1 standalone installation is available at
    www.iutlandmods.com under the Files & Docs section.

Default Re: RSM 1.2 and 1.2.1 Issue Reporting and Gameplay Feedback

Ok, I will just add here can't remenber if already said it but I think I've caught an oversight the Shimazu clan "samurai retainers" have way lower stats than they're normal counter part of other clans as well as they "heavy gunners" (at least I think on this one by stat wise normal matchlock samurai are better than these exclusive units didn't test it though) shimazu were one of the clans pioneering special shooters (sharpshooters, snipers whatever you may call them) I think that's why CA gave them the heavy gunners dunno (shrugs)

Thank you for your time I can never stress enough my reverence for you modders for your amount of work and time spent in modding you are basically the reason that them mess off games CA's released (Empire and Rome II specially before emperor edition for instance) are enjoyable and the ones that were cool but old are transformed in masterpieces for the ages (looking at Shogun 2).

Iutland, I'm glad that you released sound fixes for RSM and I know that yours mods presenting a great balance between classic Total War gameplay and realism, but there is one feature of this mod I don't like.

So, can you create a submod restoring winter attrition, which is an important feature of the total war games since the release of Napoleon Total War. It doesn't matter whether the climate of Japan will have this effect, but should be a challenge for the players attacking enemy territory in the winter, at least for the campaign Rise of the Samurai and Sengoku (no modern logistics).

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias Tannhäuser View Post
    Iutland, I'm glad that you released sound fixes for RSM and I know that yours mods presenting a great balance between classic Total War gameplay and realism, but there is one feature of this mod I don't like.

So, can you create a submod restoring winter attrition, which is an important feature of the total war games since the release of Napoleon Total War. It doesn't matter whether the climate of Japan will have this effect, but should be a challenge for the players attacking enemy territory in the winter, at least for the campaign Rise of the Samurai and Sengoku (no modern logistics).
    Thank you Mattias

Although I do not totally agree on the subject of Winter Attrition, then I agree that it has a value in the game. I have released a movie type submod that has Winter Attrition comparable to vanilla Shogun 2. You can find it at www.iutlandmods.com under the Files & Docs section. Just place it in the data folder and it should overwrite the RSM standard settings. Let me know if it for some reason doesn't work?

Thank you for your effort. I try three different campaigns and everything works.

Second good news is that now RSM is supported by Unit Pack Compatibility Team, so I can play in my native language.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...pdated-13-2-15

I played Paradox games in last six months using English versions (EUIV, VicII, CKII), It was a little bit uncomfortable. I missed to see in game something familiar.

kerrfox's Avatar Civis

Well ... I'm about "Attillaed out" so to speak, and am currently loading Shogun 2 to my machine ... since LME is easily the best NTW mod, I'll have to give this a try! I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Thanks ever so much for this mod!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123