Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

tanglebones's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

I may have already posted my query in the wrong thread, so I moved it here. It is I guess concerning 2.6

Having now been playing and enjoying RS II for a considerable length of time I thought I'd take a peek at 2.5 and see what new. I played 30 - 40 turns without any major issues, all good on the whole. I then drifted back to RS II......some time past and now I'm back checking out 2.5, + the 2.6 patch this time around! I have everything set up correctly, with script running. Several turns into 2.6 and I had my first battle, 2 reasonably sized armies, nothing too spectacular. However, the first thing I noticed in the pre-battle phase was a significant FPS hit as I scrolled in on my units. It's very noticable for me when I compare this to RS II where there was hardly if any drops at all while viewing units up close. I'm losing 40 or so FPS while scrolling down to view a unit.

For the record I'm running the exact same settings in 2.6 as I am in RS II, so not quite sure what's changed that might be causing such a dramatic decrease. Is it due to some graphical improvements brought to 2.6? I'm not running larger unit sizes or using a different screen res and I don't see any changes in the menu. Just somewhat puzzled over this...

Hello everyone I'm new here and just started to play RS2.6 ...but i found a problem, whenever I successfully bribe a family member my game crashes.Any ideas of why this happens?

Quote Originally Posted by mnz View Post
    Hello everyone I'm new here and just started to play RS2.6 ...but i found a problem, whenever I successfully bribe a family member my game crashes.Any ideas of why this happens?
    This, I'm afraid, is a known issue and hasn't been resolvable (to the best of my knowledge). One reason is that it's always been a bit 'gamey'. No Bribing for the player. Kill AI Diplomats trying to bribe yours.

Quote Originally Posted by tanglebones View Post
    .............. Is it due to some graphical improvements brought to 2.6? I'm not running larger unit sizes or using a different screen res and I don't see any changes in the menu. Just somewhat puzzled over this...
    No, I don't believe so. None of the 2.5->2.6 testing iterations on my Test PC (standalone, static, not changed and not doing anything else) showed any changes whatsoever. It might be worth just checking that all your settings (graphical) are the same in both cases - like making sure that AA is Off, for example.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

And if are by chance, able to compare both preference files, maybe the answer lies somewhere there.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Alucard31's Avatar Tiro

Hi!

When I move Flaminius, Hannibal doesn't attack him (zero turn, script activated). He did that back in 2.5 version, didn't he? So is this alright, or there's something problem on my side?

Thank you for the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard31 View Post
    When I move Flaminius, Hannibal doesn't attack him (zero turn, script activated). He did that back in 2.5 version, didn't he? So is this alright, or there's something problem on my side?......
    Flaminius & Hannibal start in a classic 'Ambush' situation, where Hannibal is the 'ambusher'. Ambushes do have a chance of failing and that is simply what happened in your game.

Historically, of course, Gaius Flaminius lost the Battle of Lake Trasimene rather badly and this was an essential element of the difficulties that Rome faced - but it doesn't have to be that way........
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Alucard31's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    Flaminius & Hannibal start in a classic 'Ambush' situation, where Hannibal is the 'ambusher'. Ambushes do have a chance of failing and that is simply what happened in your game.

Historically, of course, Gaius Flaminius lost the Battle of Lake Trasimene rather badly and this was an essential element of the difficulties that Rome faced - but it doesn't have to be that way........
    Thank you very much It's just that I was surprised he didn't do that again.

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    This, I'm afraid, is a known issue and hasn't been resolvable (to the best of my knowledge). One reason is that it's always been a bit 'gamey'. No Bribing for the player. Kill AI Diplomats trying to bribe yours.
    Thanks for that.... although i remember it worked in the original game. Could it have something to do with the generals or bodyguards? I would be happy to try some things but i need some advice,what files should i change and what should i look for in this files(the DMB is one i think)

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by mnz View Post
    Thanks for that.... although i remember it worked in the original game. Could it have something to do with the generals or bodyguards? I would be happy to try some things but i need some advice,what files should i change and what should i look for in this files(the DMB is one i think)
    I 'think' the problem lies in the fact that the Romans can now have multiple 'families' going on at the same time, and this is because all starting characters for Rome are not truly 'family members'. This is the only reason I can think of for this error. I have tried everything else I could even imagine was causing this CTD, and nothing works. So it is best to forget bribing. It cannot be fixed as far as I know.

Regarding FPS drops with units in RS2.6........this should not be. Absolutely nothing has changed in the area of units or how they are rendered in RS2. Is it possible you have unit quality set on the highest setting? If so, the game will use NO sprites ever, and that will have quite an impact on performance if your PC can't handle it.

The results of the Flaminius\Hannibal confrontation are pretty random.....with Flaminius getting ambushed probably 60-70% of the time if you move him. If you hit end turn and THEN move him, it is likely he will escape altogether and Hannibal will leave.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I don't if this is a bug but after the Marian Reforms, when I build the Roman Fortress my auxiliary troops don't appear (only the legions)

Edit: Thanks I was worried that they would never appear in the recruitment place
    Last edited by jpempire; September 20, 2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Thanks for the quick answer
    JPEmpire is gone!Sauron will conquer all TWC!!!! BUT I can also enjoy the mods (yes I have a computer don't judge Mordor ok?)
    Recommended Mods:
    EUROPA BARBARORUM 2,ROMA SURRECTUM 2,RISE OF THE THREE KINGDOMS,STAINLESS STEEL
    AND
    Dark Lord simulator (Third Age)

That's because they will only appear when you finish the Imperial Reforms, when you gain access to auxilia cohorts, late legions and auxilia cavalry.

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

I have a problem with the spartan campaign.The game crashes when I reach 579 UAC.I load the game from different savegames wishing to avoid it but in vain.I use the alexander.exe and the I have installed the 2.6 patch correctly.The syracuse campaign had a similar problem.I just don't remember at which date it crashed because I deleted the savegames.

RS 2.6 has the same problem with building prices as RS 2.5 did. I'm playing Rome, 0-turn, H/H, and the combined military/economic buildings cost around 14,000. Their price per EDB is 80,000, but since the maximum value for a building price is somewhere around 65,000, the price seems to "overflow" and go back down to 14,000 or so (~14,000 + ~65,000 = 80,000, at least that's what I think is happening).

Long story short, I manually readjust the prices to 64,000 in the EDB to make it properly challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeChatz View Post
    I have a problem with the spartan campaign.The game crashes when I reach 579 UAC.I load the game from different savegames wishing to avoid it but in vain.I use the alexander.exe and the I have installed the 2.6 patch correctly.The syracuse campaign had a similar problem.I just don't remember at which date it crashed because I deleted the savegames.
    0 or 1-turn GeorgeChatz ?

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

0 turn

I have a problem with the 0-turn Spartan Campaign, when I declare war on anyone, next turn it automatically declares ceasefire, it's annoying and unplayable, I don't know what to do...

How many settlements are you holding ? It looks like the survival script working and you are declaring war on factions down to one settlement. It should not affect the player only AI factions.
    Last edited by Sertorio; September 22, 2013 at 08:51 AM.

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Quote Originally Posted by Sertorio View Post
    How many settlements are you holding ? It looks like the survival script working and you are declaring war on factions down to one settlement. It should not affect the player only AI factions.
    Im Sparta, I have only Sparta as a city now, but when I declare war on the Free Greeks or Rebels, it automatically declares ceasefire next turn.

Is there a way to disable survival script? Thank you.

Are those free cities walled? On the One-Turn Spartan Campaign, they are not so a direct assault is possible thereby avoiding the script.

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Argos and Olympia are not, but Thebes, Corinth, Athens, Thermon and all the others are.

And its kinda immersion breaker because the faction AI will do nothing to attack/stop me since every turn we declare ceasefire. Their plans to attack me are cancelled and I have to start a war over again.