Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

anyone have an answer on the game only using the one quote? thanks
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Strange - all looks good to me....maybe something to do with your video card struggling? Can sometimes be the case when you see weird artefacts like that.
    Hmm.. could be, I don't have what you would call a "gaming rig" or anything, but it works well enough and I don't really have any lag or other problems with crashes and what not. Oh, well it's a minor issue anyways I can live with it. I was using Play_One_turn, Macedonians, alex.exe.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Gregorius I View Post
    anyone have an answer on the game only using the one quote? thanks

Dvk mentioned sometime in the past that the rotation between quotes are somewhat connected to some CTDs, so that's why we have a fixed one.

Hello.

When I try and load Pontus campaign it loads a northern France faction

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Zumuk View Post
    Dvk mentioned sometime in the past that the rotation between quotes are somewhat connected to some CTDs, so that's why we have a fixed one.
    ah ok thanks for the info, any info on the launcher not saving the preferences and options, like the post-Marian general and hi-res units?
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Same thing for me. Looks like Pontus=Belgae until they fix it. BTW, Belgae plays as Belgae (I was sorta hoping I could play Pontus that way, but no-go).

UPDATE: Just saw this on the readme for 2.6:

-The pontus 0 turn campaign starts a Belgae campaign, a fix will be released as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by StarDreamer View Post
    Is the pontus 0 turn campaign starting a belgae campaign or is that just for me?
    And yes winrar can't use the original file, but 7zip could.
    Last edited by Kondor999; September 07, 2013 at 09:42 PM.

been told choosing "post marian generals" could result in crashs lateron the campagn, is that right?

I have a big problem n 2.6 I have a never ending 1st rebellion everytime it ends new uprise coming up I got bored of it... Can anyone help to solve this problem please?

The preferences tab has some interesting options within it but most are very ambiguous and vague or just straight up make no sense to a laymen like me. Only some of the options are self explanatory. I've scoured the forums (perhaps not hard enough) for a list on what each and every one of these 'preference' tab options does to no avail.

Many thanks ahead of time.
    Last edited by Ninjaheman; September 11, 2013 at 01:29 AM.

Tiro

Does Alex-TW.exe ever do sea landings? I play Rome 1-tun and Rome is at war with Carthage for a very long time, but Carthage has never tried to land on Sicily or Corsica. They sometimes block ports, but I have never seen them building strong navy. They show bigger interest in Gallaeci conquest than fighting Rome.

„There can be greater mods than Roma Surrectum 2, but simply there are none!“, Zydrius

Senator

I'm getting a ctd every time I see a unit of naked fanatics in a battle.
    Everthing works fine when I disband them.

So what's causing this?
    And yes the Unit shaders are on .
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Tiro

I don't know the issue, but try to change this: In RS laucher select "Edit RS II preferences" (left bottom corner). Then click "Other RS II parameters". Check the 'Modesty" line and try to change values between 'Yes' and 'No'. Maybe that would help. I play with "Modesty - No" and have no problems. Though I have never had Naked fanatics in my army - only fought against them in AI armies.

„There can be greater mods than Roma Surrectum 2, but simply there are none!“, Zydrius

one thing I have noticed is that on my zero turn campaigns, I can only recruit one unit at a time now. I remember 2.5, you could recruit nearly a whole legion in one single turn. is this a deliberate change or am I missing something?

I started a new campaign as Rome, with Alex, huge units. I ran into the same problem as before - the first battle (the pre-set ambush) produced a CTD when I tried to play it on the tactical map.

I read that this was supposed to be fixed via a descr_formation_ai.txt change, but I guess it didn't work for me. I went into that file, found the "ambush" formation, and then the only thing I did is change the max_unit_width from 4 to 8. That's it. I expected it to make the column formation shorter and wider. It did that, and it fixed the CTD. I was finally able to properly lose that battle.

Scipio praeditus's Avatar Decanus

So, I started a one turn Rome campaign, large units M/M as advised.
    Defeated Hannibal first turn, crushed the Capuan rebellion + Tarentum within two turns of it occuring, didn't recruit any new units and abandoned the two settlements outside of Italy (Emporium and Dirrachium, or whatever), one out of every three battles was a heroic victory.
    After about six or seven turns I was making 40K a turn and was able to build whatever I wanted in any settlement.

I love RS, but the game was certainly not balanced around M/M, H/H more likely...

EDIT: BI by the way.
    I must say that the point at which units start to flee is a lot more balanced now, no more levies fighting to the last man, I'll have to try a H/H campaign soon.
    Last edited by Scipio praeditus; September 13, 2013 at 06:20 PM.
    "The only question that remained was whether the founders knew the final result of their creation, or if they themselves where the victims of a misunderstanding.
    In the latter case it was the duty of any thinking human, to press himself into the front of this depraved movement, to perhaps still prevent the extreme, in the former case the founders of this peoples disease must have been true devils; for only in the brain of a monster - not of a human - could the plan for an organisation take meaningfull form, whose purpose must lead toward the end result of a collapse of human culture and thus to the desolation of the world.
    In this case only battle remained as a means of final delivery, battle with any weapons that the human mind, intellect and will are able to comprehend, regardless, of whom fate would gift with it's blessing."

I scanned through this thread but didn't see it asked so here goes. I'm post-imperial reform in my Rome campaign, and in the campus martius building it says I'll be able to recruit certain auxiliaries (I assumed to replace the old ally units). When I built it though they weren't available, although the legatus and the legions are recuitable, and the old ally units were still there. Thought maybe the description was just wrong, but after building the curia hostilia I still didn't get any auxiliary units. Did I miss something? I'm almost certain Arretium and Emporiae are annexed, so I can't think of anything . . .

@AbreasDid you try giving them citizenship instead of annexing them?

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

The Imperial Reforms are two-Phased, Auxiliaries are only available when you build the Circus Maximus at Rome.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Ah! Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio praeditus View Post

I love RS, but the game was certainly not balanced around M/M, H/H more likely...

It was, I promise. There are experienced players who seem to play in a certain style that do very well in Battles - and there are others who aren't. M/M seeks to find a balance, so players have somewhere to go. Me, I now prefer H/M for Rome.

That said - have you made any Mods yourself or have chosen not to use the Garrison script (for example)? Such choices will make BIG changes to your experience(s).
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.