Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Default Re: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Quote Originally Posted by the man, the myth, the legend View Post
    Here's a screenshot of that greek archer texture issue.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Have you got unit shaders switched on? They should be set on in video settings....sometimes this can make parts of units invisible or possibly could explain this weirdness.
    There's no error with the unit texture as this has been in the game for a long time and nothing there has changed.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

ok so got this up and running finally and I can tell i have the patch installed as the new 2d art is cool. starting anew campaign every update is rather annoying, albeit necessary. Anyway i have noticed a few minor things that havent changed from 2.5:

1. The same quote from Flavius Iosephus is still being used about the eagle standards. Where are the other quotes?

2. The music only plays at the start of a loaded game on the CM or at the beginning of each stage of battle. The music simply stops eventually and no track picks up, resulting in most of the game being soundtrack-less. While absolutely realistic, i doubt this is meant to be.
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

I'm sure you know this but I'll mention it already.

So I was just playing a few historical battles and, for some of them, the map type is wrong. The Battle of Asculum, The Battle of Tuetoburg Forest and probably a few others have the wrong kind of map. Teutoburg was the map you'd see in Spain or Italy, Asculum was a desert map.

Here's Teutoburg (forgot to take pics of Asculum):

Also saw this bug there:

And this one here:

The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Gregorius I View Post
    ok so got this up and running finally and I can tell i have the patch installed as the new 2d art is cool. starting anew campaign every update is rather annoying, albeit necessary. Anyway i have noticed a few minor things that havent changed from 2.5:

1. The same quote from Flavius Iosephus is still being used about the eagle standards. Where are the other quotes?

2. The music only plays at the start of a loaded game on the CM or at the beginning of each stage of battle. The music simply stops eventually and no track picks up, resulting in most of the game being soundtrack-less. While absolutely realistic, i doubt this is meant to be.
    UPDATE: the music just plays whenever it feels like it. sometimes it goes on from track to track, other times, especially during battles it dissapears, but it seems random enough that it may be unfix-able at the moment.

other than that everything is running well, except that the launcher does not remember my "saved" preferences, like hi-res units, etc. I had this problem when i installed 2.5 in may, but it went away eventually but i cant remember how i managed that.
    Last edited by Pope Gregorius I; September 01, 2013 at 04:54 PM. Reason: launcher issue
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Quote Originally Posted by High Fist View Post
    I'm sure you know this but I'll mention it already.

So I was just playing a few historical battles and, for some of them, the map type is wrong. The Battle of Asculum, The Battle of Tuetoburg Forest and probably a few others have the wrong kind of map. Teutoburg was the map you'd see in Spain or Italy, Asculum was a desert map.

Here's Teutoburg (forgot to take pics of Asculum):

Also saw this bug there:

And this one here:

LOL.
    The historical battles aren't intended to be played.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Maybe I am the only one but I really liked that for every major city that you conquered, you could get a new numbered legion, now in a arrinium or arrentium (forgot the name lol) I can get like six different legions, it breaks that feeling of getting new units...

mav61's Avatar Civis

All of a sudden 2.6 is crashing had a good run for a few days next thing i know it starts crashing mid battle so i tried a new campaign as the selucids and crash hmmm i am now also getting crashes when i take over a town and wipe out the population...very frustrating mod spent a week trying to sort out all the problems finally get it working and the same issues start coming back i made no changes apart from starting a new campaign and a new faction after i couldn't progress in my Roman campaign...not sure if anyones getting the depopulate crash...

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by mav61 View Post
    All of a sudden 2.6 is crashing had a good run for a few days next thing i know it starts crashing mid battle so i tried a new campaign as the selucids and crash hmmm i am now also getting crashes when i take over a town and wipe out the population...very frustrating mod spent a week trying to sort out all the problems finally get it working and the same issues start coming back i made no changes apart from starting a new campaign and a new faction after i couldn't progress in my Roman campaign...not sure if anyones getting the depopulate crash...
    I too sometimes get depopulate CTDs (quite rare, but annoying (started to save game after taking settlement), I guess so far 3 CTDs out of ~20 depopulations). I suspect my AVG antivirus, as after CTD it goes into update download mode.

No battle CTDs so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Romo View Post
    Maybe I am the only one but I really liked that for every major city that you conquered, you could get a new numbered legion, now in a arrinium or arrentium (forgot the name lol) I can get like six different legions, it breaks that feeling of getting new units...
    Mav61 is right, Seleucids keep crashing. I have no idea why. As soon as you press end turn, it crashes. It crashes when there is a spy in one of the far right cities (second one down from the Parthia border) and if you click on the city to lower the tax rate it CTD.

Here is my save game file. Seleucids have always been bugged...Even in Rs2.0 (first one I played) it always leads to an unplayable campaign. What can we do to fix it??

Please find attached my save game file. Is there any way around this?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry for noob question, but I really looked for an answer.
    What would be the newest stable version of RS?

I've been going though the edu, trying to categorize weapons for a submod I'm doing. I noticed a few numbers that seemed strange to me, I thought I'd post them, just in case they were mistakes. The nubian and nabateean archers both have an axe secondary with "0" lethality, and also the Thraikan Falxman has a axe secondary with a "0.941" lethality which I thought may be high.

Have you got unit shaders switched on? They should be set on in video settings....sometimes this can make parts of units invisible or possibly could explain this weirdness.
    There's no error with the unit texture as this has been in the game for a long time and nothing there has changed.
    Yeah, I thought it might have been the shaders too, but they're on like they're supposed to be. Have you checked the unit, in game?
    Last edited by the man, the myth, the legend; September 04, 2013 at 04:47 PM.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

weird, double post, apologies.
    Last edited by the man, the myth, the legend; September 04, 2013 at 04:32 PM. Reason: double post
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

During the first roman rebellion some of the units on the strategy map had white circles instead of shields. Is there a way to fix this? It's not a big deal, but it's distracting.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

I've been going though the edu, trying to categorize weapons for a submod I'm doing. I noticed a few numbers that seemed strange to me, I thought I'd post them, just in case they were mistakes. The nubian and nabateean archers both have an axe secondary with "0" lethality, and also the Thraikan Falxman has a axe secondary with a "0.941" lethality which I thought may be high.

Yeah, I thought it might have been the shaders too, but they're on like they're supposed to be. Have you checked the unit, in game?
    Noted an will be fixed in 2.7....which may be done sooner than I thought to fix some of these glitches we missed.

I will also check out Seleucid and see if I can figure out what's wrong.

Captain_Deckard , 'artifacts', which is what I call the graphical presentation of something that isn't supposed to be there, is a video card, and\or driver issue. Or, your card may just be tanking. Try changing to 16bit strat video, that may help.
    Last edited by dvk901; September 04, 2013 at 09:37 PM.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by octarus View Post
    Mav61 is right, Seleucids keep crashing. I have no idea why. As soon as you press end turn, it crashes. It crashes when there is a spy in one of the far right cities (second one down from the Parthia border) and if you click on the city to lower the tax rate it CTD.

Here is my save game file. Seleucids have always been bugged...Even in Rs2.0 (first one I played) it always leads to an unplayable campaign. What can we do to fix it??

Please find attached my save game file. Is there any way around this?
    What exe are you using please?

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Forgot to check - is this one turn or zero turn and which .exe are you using?

Thanks Tone and Dvk sorry when I wrote this I was frustrated and didn't give much information. I have since completed a new post with full details of my set up and problems in detail

Thanks for spotting these....will rectify

Strange - all looks good to me....maybe something to do with your video card struggling? Can sometimes be the case when you see weird artefacts like that.

Last edited by tone; September 05, 2013 at 12:41 AM.

Playing 1-turn Rome. Client State Barracks I have in units training list double Allied Eqvites.

Tiro

1. Roman 1-turn. In Greece there is possibility to recruit 4 units of Boiotian Pezhetairoi: two units cost 3000 denarii and other two cost 4000 denarii. I don't know, maybe there was your choice to make their price differ as their stats are identical (even the same exp level).

2. Rome 1-turn. In 'National anouncements' screen I got notification that my general got 'Praefectus Castorum' trait, but I couldn't locate it in tte general's decricption... Unless it is retinue, not a trait (haven't checked that ;P)?