Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Default Re: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Idk if this has been reported, or wether it counts as a bug or not, but don't you all find it somewhat strange that the FOW has been disabled at the start of a campaign? I started a rome 1 turn and it was disabled. I thought that wasnt at all fun so I enabled it manually. Anyone else noticed this?

Hi everybody!

I play Rome in 0 turn with H/VH level. I taked Carthage, Hadrumetum and Thapsus. But I think that there is a problem with the "turncoat system". A carthagian diplomat bribes Carthage and next turn Hadrumetum.. !! Two cities in two turns. I played RS since a while, it's the first time that one of my city has been bribed.. then two..

So is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    That detail is in the original (v2.0) sticky guides (see Slide Images) - they're still worth a look for lots of details.
    Thank you for the information, I have been searching for those guides, but I can't find any here in the forum. Can you please direct me to them? It will be much appreciated

Regards, Warfox.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I keep getting a message 'failed to initialise 3D audio' I imagine its something to do with preferences, but I do not know what?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel_Caesar View Post
    Problem checking steam application error when I try and launch. I tried the methods for failed to find steam error to no avail, so I'm guessing this is a different issue. Any idea how to fix it?

Edit: Fixed.
    How'd you fix it? I'm getting the same problem.

Also, as a side note, I think your siege towers have some issues: (First 3 pictures, ignore the boat. That's a different mod.) After this battle the game crashed.

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by gugus View Post
    Hi everybody!

I play Rome in 0 turn with H/VH level. I taked Carthage, Hadrumetum and Thapsus. But I think that there is a problem with the "turncoat system". A carthagian diplomat bribes Carthage and next turn Hadrumetum.. !! Two cities in two turns. I played RS since a while, it's the first time that one of my city has been bribed.. then two..

So is this normal?
    I would blame a stronger economy for the AI for that. As it can afford it, the AI will try it. BTW did you had governors in those settlements ?
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

I was playing the Cimbri and my FL got the "Heroic leader" trait , but on the description of it , it said that my general is a great leader for the Dacians .I had that bug in the previous version and i thought it would be fixed in 2.6 .I would also like to point out that the AI is quite stronger in this version and is much more competitive .Usually when i play the Cimbri ,the Belgae never get more than 4 -5 settlements on the continent before i wipe them out.Now when i got to fighting them they had like 7-8 cities and they were hard to beat.Other factions on the campaign map are doing better as well.I may finally have some opposition for my awesome germanic tribes and i love it !

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

Snix or anyone having the problem checking steam error http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...an-2-6-install

Tiro

Started roman 1-turn campaign. I noticed, that in client/allied state barracks (Arretium, Ariminum) I can't recruit 'allied skirmisher' unit. Also in barrack's description 'allied uqvites' is mentioned twice. Is that how it should be? maybe one of these two lines should be 'allied skirmisher'?

EDIT. I think I might have found a mistake in export_decr_buildings (Rome 1-turn). Here (line 3609):

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Roman Missle units;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    recruit "allied equites" 0 requires factions { romans_brutii, } and not marian_reforms and not hidden_resource rome and not hidden_resource area4 and not hidden_resource area10

CONFIRM. I changed 'allied equites' into 'allied velite' and allied skirmisher appeared in the client state barracks lvl 1!
    Last edited by Zydrius; August 31, 2013 at 07:14 AM.

JGL's Avatar Miles

Using steam, the advisor offering the script hasn't appeared. Before you ask I have the adviser on high. This has not been a problem before. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but does seem a bit odd when the Socci war happened, I thought that was tied into enabling the script .

Btw great work Roma Surrectum team I'm especially the new event pics
    The Moralizing Empire.
    "When my lovely tribe invaded other land it was for bravery and pride, if Rome invaded other land it was because Romans were the evil." Courtesy of Romanheart
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Sertorio View Post
    I would blame a stronger economy for the AI for that. As it can afford it, the AI will try it. BTW did you had governors in those settlements ?
    No governor at that moment. I always try to have one, but I didn't have enough generals for all my provinces. I played some new turns but no new bribery.. Let's hope.. !

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeBG View Post
    I was playing the Cimbri and my FL got the "Heroic leader" trait , but on the description of it , it said that my general is a great leader for the Dacians .I had that bug in the previous version and i thought it would be fixed in 2.6 .I would also like to point out that the AI is quite stronger in this version and is much more competitive .Usually when i play the Cimbri ,the Belgae never get more than 4 -5 settlements on the continent before i wipe them out.Now when i got to fighting them they had like 7-8 cities and they were hard to beat.Other factions on the campaign map are doing better as well.I may finally have some opposition for my awesome germanic tribes and i love it !
    Thanks for spotting that.

Our intention was certainly to make these campaigns more challenging. How is your economy?

One of the most challenging campaigns is likely to be the Boii on one turn.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

Well i have played many games with the Cimbri on different versions of RS and always i was able to get to a set number of settlements,develop them and never have money issues from then on.On the 2.6 i find the economy really nerfed and harder to manage.You have to carefully plan what do you need in a settlement and what are you going to build.At the moment(570 A.U.C) i have 14 settlements with the Cimbri and i'm scraping every denarii i can find to maintain my army,because the Boi are hitting me hard.They have taken some cities north of the Alps and most of central Eaurope up to the Dacian capital.I am not sure if i like the buffs in the stats of the heavy infantry in particular and i think some balancing could be done there.I also noticed that most of my cities get to 6-7-8 % of population increase and i was wondering if that was intentional or not,because i find those numbers too high ?

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Thanks for spotting that.

Our intention was certainly to make these campaigns more challenging. How is your economy?

One of the most challenging campaigns is likely to be the Boii on one turn.
    Niceeee.

Here's a screenshot of that greek archer texture issue.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by the man, the myth, the legend; September 01, 2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: afterthought
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Noted...I found the error and it will be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zydrius View Post
    Started roman 1-turn campaign. I noticed, that in client/allied state barracks (Arretium, Ariminum) I can't recruit 'allied skirmisher' unit. Also in barrack's description 'allied uqvites' is mentioned twice. Is that how it should be? maybe one of these two lines should be 'allied skirmisher'?

EDIT. I think I might have found a mistake in export_decr_buildings (Rome 1-turn). Here (line 3609):

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Roman Missle units;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    recruit "allied equites" 0 requires factions { romans_brutii, } and not marian_reforms and not hidden_resource rome and not hidden_resource area4 and not hidden_resource area10

CONFIRM. I changed 'allied equites' into 'allied velite' and allied skirmisher appeared in the client state barracks lvl 1!
    Noted...the same error was in the 0-turn Roman campaign. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by the man, the myth, the legend View Post
    Here's a screenshot of that greek archer texture issue.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

On another not can anyone confirm that custom battles are working correctly? I get a crash when I try to start custom battles, but my campaigns are working as intended. Not sure if it's just me, no big deal, I never use multiplayer anyway, but I know many others do.
    That is bizzare. I will do my best to find that issue, but haven't yet.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Tiro

Roman 1-turn campaign. I recruited mercenary unit somewhere in northern-mid Italy. Unit name is Insubres infantry. On the battlefield it is defined as "[spearmen]", but they are obviously swordsmen (fight with swords and units voice speaks "swords").

EDIT. Might be my mistake, as they switch weapons between spear and sword.
    Last edited by Zydrius; September 01, 2013 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    -Snip-
    Any thoughts on my Siege Tower issue. It made the rebellions hilariously easy to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocletianus View Post
    I got somewhat of a clone problem. After I trigger the Roman civil war event, random genrals are cloned. Most of the time, it is two guys of my empire and 2 Roman rebels. When I click on the clone, they ''merge' together and the clone disapear. However, the AI during the rebellion does not do that trick and when I destroy an army with the clones insides, it CTD... I play on the BI version and yes I have activated the script every time.

I also noticed when I was reloading a save at the very beginning of the rebellion that activating the script kills both the original generala nd the clone itself but the bodyguard remain and when you click on it : CTD.

Great job on 2.6 guys, I love your work on it but...that pesky little problem is ruining my roman campaign.

This shouldn't be happening.
    Could you upload your saved campaign (and let us know which version of the EXE you are using and whether zero turn or one turn) and we can have a look?

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

I have already reported that there: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-trait-mistake
    It was RS 2.5. But its only a small text issue, not affecting the gameplay.