Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

A small point but I have to retick the tick boxes on the launcher, despite saving my preferences.

Balla.
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Another.

The defensive weapons in city towers do not seem to be very effective.

The AI leaves its units in range & they receive negligible casualties, if any.

Balla

According to topic:
    2.5 works fine,great mod! But,when upgrading to 2.6 just how like the instructions says the game won't work anyway!
    After I upgrade it to 2.6 and start the launcher ,I see that have been succesfully upgraded to 2.6 and when I press start that nice Roma SurrectumII screen appears for..5-10seconds and then the game quits without any error.

What's the problem? I re-installed the game+mod(2.5)+2.6 again and same ..why that?
    Now I re-installed 2.5 back and playing..wait for answer

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    i set norton to ignore my rs2 map and dissabled internet connection.
    did work for 2 battles than bam CTD
    i think its my pc is the problem, now i get this error
    generic error:insufficiant video memory to load requested texture set.
    damn old pc
    That error is one I have only seen when: a) my install of RTW is corrupted, or b) there is a battlefield related model missing or corrupted.
    I know it sucks, but I've had RTW installs fail a few times, and some of them where very quick. A dirty CD or corrupted download can do this easily.
    I would suggest a fresh install.

Quote Originally Posted by FeralBlueBird View Post
    I too am getting an error where starting a campaign with Pontus actually starts a Belgea game.

EDIT: This was addressed in the main 2.6 thread, just saw it. Cheers!
    Yes, somehow a wrong 'descr_strat.txt' snuck into that campaign from somewhere.....it looks like a 'Play_One_Turn' file. We are fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by the man, the myth, the legend View Post
    I think there's a problem with the Greek Cities, greek archer texture, the bow is messed up, there are swords where the bowstring should be.
    I checked the textures and model for that unit, and the related DMB's. Can't find a problem. Could you post a screenshot please. these are always helpful in figuring out what's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Legionaru View Post
    According to topic:
    2.5 works fine,great mod! But,when upgrading to 2.6 just how like the instructions says the game won't work anyway!
    After I upgrade it to 2.6 and start the launcher ,I see that have been succesfully upgraded to 2.6 and when I press start that nice Roma SurrectumII screen appears for..5-10seconds and then the game quits without any error.

What's the problem? I re-installed the game+mod(2.5)+2.6 again and same ..why that?
    If 2.5 works fine, and 2.6 does not, then you may well have a corrupted download of 2.6. A lot of people have downloaded and installed it with no issues, so there are only a few possibilities.
    Also, be very sure that when you copy the extracted 2.6 files into your 2.5 install that you are asked whether to over-write folders and files. If you are NOT asked, then it's copied in the wrong place.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Can someone tell me please what the box, "Five Emperors", indicates in the start up "preference box"?

Everything was fine, until I ticked the affinity box - now a 1/4 of the Launcher Box is covered with a black square. How do I get my full Launcher back?

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by Fridericus Rex; August 27, 2013 at 07:58 PM.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

@dvk i think i found my problem, looked at preference ones more and noticed that i forgot to set the ultra high options to high or medium.after that i had played 3 ours without any CTD after battle. gonna do a fresh install end of the week when i have my new computer.

what thus edit settlement names mean in preference? can i give my citys other names than the ones ingame??
    where can i find the map and change some city names then?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

mav61's Avatar Civis

Been a long time follower of RS2 never had any issues installing and running this mod but i seem to run into one problem after another since the release of 2.6...my latest issue is i run Rome Gold edition on steam..now i got round the steam issue did a clean install of 2.5 and installed 2.6 over 2.5 simple enough now when i click play in the launcher it tells me RS2 is in the wrong folder...good grief hehe any fixes for this it would be appreciated...what it seems like is even though RS2 is installed in the correct folder its still not recogniseing its in there arh frustrating...

Update i moved the files and got it working but now i have a script error when launching..."Script Error in data/descr_event_images, at line 2984, column 1. Unknown event string settlemen_razed" not sure whats causeing this one..

NVM this post i've deleted my steam version seems RS2 did not like being in there hehe, i have a RTR campaign to finish which is a very good mod and after the hassles i've had with this looking forward to it, then Rome 2 in a few days cheers anyway....
    Last edited by mav61; August 28, 2013 at 12:35 AM.

I'm experiencing a weird bug: on the loading screen of some battles my screen will flick (as if I alt tabbed) and when the battle finishes loading all of my video settings have been reset. I lose minimal UI and my resolution is set to the lowest possible setting. This never happened with 2.5.

Not sure if it is related but the last time this happened I got a CTD upon finishing the battle.

Check the video preferences and make sure they're suitable for your PC setup. .. maybe that you've got units at to ultra high?

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Ballacraine View Post
    Another.

The defensive weapons in city towers do not seem to be very effective.

The AI leaves its units in range & they receive negligible casualties, if any.

Balla

That's very good to hear. It's nuisance in vanilla or other mods that towers alone kill half or more of the enemy army. Killers must be those standing on the wall, not some ghosts inside towers .

And the reason alone, that AI leaves units in the firing range of towers (AI weakness which defender should not exploit), is sufficient enough not to make towers overpowered.

Hello,
    i just registrated to the forum because i think i have (had!?) the same problem as Legionaru
    According to topic:

Same happens to me when i want to play one turn campaigns.
    All 0 turn and one turn rome seem to work.
    I have Rome TW Gold from Steam, and installed 2.5 and 2.6 correctly.
    After a few tries i decidet to patch the "Play_one_turn" Folder step by step.
    After i updated the export_descr_buildings.txt to 2.6, the mod didnt start anymore.
    Installed the whole 2.6 patch, but using the old 2.5 export_descr_building
    and 1 turn campaigns worked.
    Next step i tried to find out what part of the code in export_descr_buildings.txt causes the
    crash. So i copied the buildings step by step from 2.6 code into the 2.5 export_descr_buildings.txt,
    and found out, the problem is caused by the 2 buildings:
    building hinterland_treasury
    and
    building hinterland_wealth
    Im not a coder or modder, so i cant tell you whats the problem with this 2 Buildings is.
    If someone has the same problem as me, you can use my 95%2.6 / 5%2.5 export_descr_buildings.txt
    till a hotfix is released. (extract into Play_One_Turn/data)
    Hope this helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Zydrius View Post
    That's very good to hear. It's nuisance in vanilla or other mods that towers alone kill half or more of the enemy army. Killers must be those standing on the wall, not some ghosts inside towers .

And the reason alone, that AI leaves units in the firing range of towers (AI weakness which defender should not exploit), is sufficient enough not to make towers overpowered.
    My point was that the defences are so ineffective that the AI doesn't bother moving its troops out of range.
    At least when using Alex, when casualties are suffered, the AI had the gumption to pull back.

Now it doesn't.

Balla.
    Last edited by Ballacraine; August 29, 2013 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romo View Post
    It is normal that by turn 15, Armenia and Pontus are already vassals of the Seleucid Empire? they dont even have just one regions, they have multiple regions
    I have also very weird world situation which I have never had in my campaigns before. About +- 590 AUC, Me playing as Rome 1-turn, Arverni doesnt exist, I have most of Gaul and Africa... BUT!!
    1) Boii were already totally wiped out by cimbrians and dacians, I border with both of them, with dacia i have borders in Illyria! I have alliance with cimbri, both of them are atacking Belgae, CImbri have never attacked me, only the once but it was triggered cimbrian invasion. The same turn I have won 1 battle and cimbriand aksed for peace! So in my campaign Cimbrians are allied with Rome? pha.... I hope that they will betray me, but still not, insted of that they killed Boii and are conquering far more eastern.
    2) macedonia has conquered nearly half of scythia! I have left dyrhaecum, I was fighting with macedon and greece but gave up and moved my legion into africa...
    3) Armenia has conquered nearly all sorrounding seleucid territories, but Van was conquered by Pontus and Armenia was client kingdom of pontus!!
    4) top five factions if i looked on score were: seleucids, rome, macedonia, SARMATIA, GALAECI... I am a bit more surprised by things in 2.6... In my opinion AI is MUCH more aggressive and expansionistic in this version. And some "smaller" factions are going to be defeated sooner.

Please someone explain to me what the "Upgrades Weapons +-20" means in th Roman Oppidum, Provincial building.

And I need some advice regarding temples. In 2.5 i had:
    -mainly Priest of Jupiter O.M.
    -some Priest of Mercury
    -rarely Priestess of Juno
    -only once a Priest of Mars

How do i trigger the others and more often? I had Pantheon of Minerva and Vulcan also but nothing happened. Yes i looked into the files and know the trigger buildings but still nothing. I never saw a Priest of Ceres either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabius View Post
    Please someone explain to me what the "Upgrades Weapons +-20" means in th Roman Oppidum, Provincial building. .............
    Don't worry - it's dvk's clever artifice to enable the neat Augustan Reforms - ignore it.

Temples - Roman - Pantheon levels:

- Jupiter - +1 (Gold) Heavy Weapons
    - Mars - +1 (Gold) Light Weapons
    - Vulcan - +1 (Gold) Armour

No super missiles for the Romans - Silver is your limit!
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

I got somewhat of a clone problem. After I trigger the Roman civil war event, random genrals are cloned. Most of the time, it is two guys of my empire and 2 Roman rebels. When I click on the clone, they ''merge' together and the clone disapear. However, the AI during the rebellion does not do that trick and when I destroy an army with the clones insides, it CTD... I play on the BI version and yes I have activated the script every time.

I also noticed when I was reloading a save at the very beginning of the rebellion that activating the script kills both the original generala nd the clone itself but the bodyguard remain and when you click on it : CTD.

Great job on 2.6 guys, I love your work on it but...that pesky little problem is ruining my roman campaign.

Envers et contre tous...et c'est tant mieux ainsi ! Ze political profile

Hello everybody,

First great Mod, I think is the best Mod for a game I have ever played.

So, the problem was not present in 2.5, but now it is with 2.6.

I can't build Citizenship Granted in Cannae or in Thargus, the building it's just not there to click on it. I have annexed both regions, both have regional focus, Provincial Oppidum Level 3, Tribal Justice and Supply of Army Rations.

I have read something about a bug that sometimes doesn le you build somethings in some places.

Please tell me if I'm missing something or if there is a solution for this bug, as I cannot build the "Campus Martius" on Cannae without Citizenship (And I have spent a lot of money to get the Merged Focus Region).

Thank you very much, Warfox.

Quote Originally Posted by warfox View Post
    Hello everybody,

First great Mod, I think is the best Mod for a game I have ever played.

So, the problem was not present in 2.5, but now it is with 2.6.

I can't build Citizenship Granted in Cannae or in Thargus, the building it's just not there to click on it. I have annexed both regions, both have regional focus, Provincial Oppidum Level 3, Tribal Justice and Supply of Army Rations.

I have read something about a bug that sometimes doesn le you build somethings in some places.

Please tell me if I'm missing something or if there is a solution for this bug, as I cannot build the "Campus Martius" on Cannae without Citizenship (And I have spent a lot of money to get the Merged Focus Region).

Thank you very much, Warfox.
    (I can't find the edit button)

I have discovered that you need the MARKET to be build too in order to have Citizenship Granted available for purchase. So, problem SOLVED

Tiro

I was playing as Plolemaics 1-turn. I was defending the most north-east starting Ptolemaic settlement against Seleucids. One AI unit got lost among the buildings... Here's the pic:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guys got lost.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	214.9 KB 
ID:	292537

Quote Originally Posted by warfox View Post
    I have discovered that you need the MARKET to be build too in order to have Citizenship Granted available for purchase. So, problem SOLVED
    That detail is in the original (v2.0) sticky guides (see Slide Images) - they're still worth a look for lots of details.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.