Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Quote Originally Posted by German123 View Post
    RSII ist still supportet? Nice.

I cant play the mob. Got an CTT on the loading screen of the campaign.

I installed rome 2 gold in steam.
    Then donloaded RSII and the patch from mod.db
    moved it to \SteamApps\common\rome total war gold
    chanced the launch options of steam to " -mod:play_Parthia -show_err"

Now I can start the game. Got intro and main menu. There I can select to start the partien campaign. Got the intro of the campaign. Got the loading screen with 1 Loading-Beam. And then a ctt every time. Screen gets black and my rome crashes. Vanilla without mod workds just fine.
    Sorry, RS2 no longer works on Steam.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Does anyone else note that the Cimbri invasions usually result in the Cimbri armies standing around and then marching back home to destroy the Boii? In all of my campaigns, they've never once presented much of a challenge unless I *choose* to block their exit.

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Frum View Post
    Does anyone else note that the Cimbri invasions usually result in the Cimbri armies standing around and then marching back home to destroy the Boii? In all of my campaigns, they've never once presented much of a challenge unless I *choose* to block their exit.
    Its because in most scenarios they won't having a settlement bordering your lands. They'll just use those troops to fight wars on they're own borders. This is why Carthage were given Genoa at the start of the campaign so Hannibal would stay in Italy.

Rhodri the Great's Avatar Laetus

First of all hi everyone, than sorry for my bad English.
    I know it's too late for asking a question like this but as you know when you try to play as Pontus 0 Turn Campaign it starts as Belgae.
    I searched at forum and this thread, dvk had said it will be fixed. Is it fixed or you're going to fix it with RS3.

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodri the Great View Post
    First of all hi everyone, than sorry for my bad English.
    I know it's too late for asking a question like this but as you know when you try to play as Pontus 0 Turn Campaign it starts as Belgae.
    I searched at forum and this thread, dvk had said it will be fixed. Is it fixed or you're going to fix it with RS3.
    Hi Rhodri,

check this link, at the end of first post is a descr_strat text file, download it and replace the old one in your Play_Pontus/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign folder;

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ctum-2-6-patch
    Last edited by ferike_2007; June 17, 2015 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    The Custom Battles EDU kept getting updated and switched back to one that wasn't exactly right. I will try to remember to fix that next time. The reason the cards are 'missing' is because RTW won't display any unit's card that's past about 450 or so units in the EDU. So the last 50 don't display. To fix that, I have to move all no-custom units to the bottom of EDU.
    Hello. I have encountered the same problem. There many unit cards missing in the Custom Battle as well as some posters from information windows of buildings.
    Anyway I found a "solution" to this problem. I just alt+tab to the Desktop and back and all the missing icons are shown again.
    But, of course, it's better not to have such glitches in the game. dvk901, maybe, if you are busy, you just tell us what to do(which units and in which directory?).

P.S. Everything was fine in Roma Surrectum 2.5 (I downloaded it from moddb.com)
    P.P.S. The last but the most important this mod is really awesome))).

Patrician

The problems with missing (white, or blank cards, either units or buildings) is one that is inherent with the RTW graphics 'cache'. My guess is that it was never intended to display as many units and buildings as RS2 dies, and it isn't big enough to allow for them. A good example of this involves unit cards that aren't displayed in Custom Battles. I did a lot of investigating to find out what was causing this, and found that all units after 'about' number 435 of so listed in EDU cannot be displayed. Therefore, although you can HAVE 500 units in EDU (the limit), the game cannot display all 500. If you check the units with white cards, you'll find that they are all at the bottom of the EDU file.

Buildings are another matter. I think the cause is the same, but you can get them to show up by switching to different cities, looking at cards, and then going back to the one where the cards were blank. The graphics cache in RTW is just buggy.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    The problems with missing (white, or blank cards, either units or buildings) is one that is inherent with the RTW graphics 'cache'. My guess is that it was never intended to display as many units and buildings as RS2 dies, and it isn't big enough to allow for them. A good example of this involves unit cards that aren't displayed in Custom Battles. I did a lot of investigating to find out what was causing this, and found that all units after 'about' number 435 of so listed in EDU cannot be displayed. Therefore, although you can HAVE 500 units in EDU (the limit), the game cannot display all 500. If you check the units with white cards, you'll find that they are all at the bottom of the EDU file.

Buildings are another matter. I think the cause is the same, but you can get them to show up by switching to different cities, looking at cards, and then going back to the one where the cards were blank. The graphics cache in RTW is just buggy.
    Thank you for the response. Do you mean the export_descr_units.txt here: C:\Games\Roma Surrectum II\data\_IMPORTANT_STUFF\EDU changes\Default\data ?
    There are just several folders.

And I've got one another question. I started playing for Armenia in 0-Turn Campaign. But I can't recruit Cataphracts. I found in export_descr_buildings.txt that it requires hidden_resource area11. Could you tell me what this string means?

Patrician

Look in _important_stuff\aor_maps for 'AOR_Legions2_map.JPG'. This shows which areas are where.

Not sure what you mean about the EDU's.......the problem goes for all of them.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Hello,
    I had to buy the Steam version of RTW for it to work on Windows 10.
    I installed RS2.6 onto the Rome Total War Gold folder. My question is how can I have multiple mods working? I like to play SPQR and RS2.6 and a few others and that requires to have there own folders.

Does anyone know how to make it all work?

Thanks
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Hey I just thought I would mention that Macedon has a misnamed building. There government type building is not Hellenic but it calls it "parthian Satrapy" which is incorrect for macedon
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

Two in one day, so this is a very detrimental bug, that needs to be fixed, but pike phalanx does not work when fighting up hill, Enemy soldiers can literally ignore the all rows of pikes and just attack the members in a sword fight, also sometimes the pike phalanx mysteriously breaks up and the enemy turns into a brawl with no formations on either side (think braveheart mentality). these need to be fixed as there are a lot of battles as a pike wielding nation where you will be down hill (as we cannot accurately see the terrain when in combat. other than that issue I love this mod
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by FOR GONDOR View Post
    Hey I just thought I would mention that Macedon has a misnamed building. There government type building is not Hellenic but it calls it "parthian Satrapy" which is incorrect for macedon
    Can you show me a screen shot? I can't find the issue?

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by FOR GONDOR View Post
    Two in one day, so this is a very detrimental bug, that needs to be fixed, but pike phalanx does not work when fighting up hill, Enemy soldiers can literally ignore the all rows of pikes and just attack the members in a sword fight, also sometimes the pike phalanx mysteriously breaks up and the enemy turns into a brawl with no formations on either side (think braveheart mentality). these need to be fixed as there are a lot of battles as a pike wielding nation where you will be down hill (as we cannot accurately see the terrain when in combat. other than that issue I love this mod
    I've seen this too (similarly when enemy is coming from downhill), it's probably due to how the RTW engine calculates if the pikemen's attack can hit the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    I've seen this too (similarly when enemy is coming from downhill), it's probably due to how the RTW engine calculates if the pikemen's attack can hit the enemy.
    Rule of thumb I've always used. Phalanx, pikemen and all those unit types I use flat ground for engagements. Makes life simpler
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Hi, guys. I'm using last version of a mod and everything is fine except of there is no music playing on a campaign map. It plays sometimes when I just start the game for one time but then it's not playing anymore. I'm not sure if it's working on a battle map too. I set music at 100% still can't hear anything. Any help?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    Hi, guys. I'm using last version of a mod and everything is fine except of there is no music playing on a campaign map. It plays sometimes when I just start the game for one time but then it's not playing anymore. I'm not sure if it's working on a battle map too. I set music at 100% still can't hear anything. Any help?
    We're making an effort to correct the music issues in the next patch.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Glad to hear it. Seems like I have to play soundtrack from my music player for now.

By the way, could you please make more than one quotation for a loading screens when you play as Hayastan? : )

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    Glad to hear it. Seems like I have to play soundtrack from my music player for now.

By the way, could you please make more than one quotation for a loading screens when you play as Hayastan? : )
    Quotations were removed because they were found to be a major cause of after battle CTD's.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I'm having crashes in every third battle, have no idea why it's happening. In RS 2.5 I did not have any of those. Any help?