Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

Default Re: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

i got constant CTD after large battles?never had that problem with 2.5,any idea how that coud be???
    i play with internet and norton on but had never any big problems like now,some help will be handy now
    and something i noticed in last battle that the AI is behaving realy awkward
    they just walk around on the battlemap and split their forces into several groups that try to surround me
    after that they just stand there[IMG]URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/na8u.png/]
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [/URL][/IMG
    ]
    [IMG][/IMG
    ]
    never seen that kind of thing in RS?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

It crashed after this battle when I select to occupy Thebai. (It was the second ctd with 2.6 in just two hours):
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

I had 7 in the last 12 ours.all after large battles
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

No idea why is this happening guys but i can assure that i played a lot( around 700 AUC on the Roman campaign) of turns without a single CTD. This on the test campaigns.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

I have no idea also never had problems untill now. Gonna do a clean install when i have my new pc.hope that helps.

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

I've had a few CTD's but nothing that out of the ordinary. RTW has more bugs than a Mexican 3 star hotel.

I've found that I had fewer CTD's with a change of antivirus programs from Kapersky, which was a bit of a problem for me.
    Last edited by Silius Saurus; August 25, 2013 at 06:09 PM.
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

Reinstall from the 2.5 installer & patching 2.6 seems to have worked!

Balla.
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Anti_virus programs should be disabled when playing RS2...or RTW period. If they can't be disabled, go into your anti-virus and tell it to ignore RTW and the whole folder.
    This is a well tested and confirmed issue that anti-virus programs cause CTD's.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

mav61's Avatar Civis

Would love to try this mod out enjoy 2.5 might stick with it, but 2.6 seems a long way away seems to run into launcher issues all the time after installation.. arh well back to De Belle omundo...
    Last edited by mav61; August 25, 2013 at 09:34 PM.

Problem checking steam application error when I try and launch. I tried the methods for failed to find steam error to no avail, so I'm guessing this is a different issue. Any idea how to fix it?

Edit: Fixed.
    Last edited by Rebel_Caesar; August 25, 2013 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Problem fixed.

Suebi> Everything else.

It is normal that by turn 15, Armenia and Pontus are already vassals of the Seleucid Empire? they dont even have just one regions, they have multiple regions

Hi I have unzipped patch and started a game without any noticeable differences, makes me wonder if I did something wrong. Are there any tell tale signs at the start of a game that tells me that the patch was installed correctly? Cheers

I am playing Rome by the way.

Why AI not building roads?

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    i got constant CTD after large battles?never had that problem with 2.5,any idea how that coud be???
    i play with internet and norton on but had never any big problems like now,some help will be handy now..................
    tungri' - I remain convinced that this is the source of your problems. Norton, indeed, is very invasive and has long been anti-game(s). I stopped using it some years ago.

Turn-off, disconnect from the internet, start, disable Norton - and then play. Hopefully it will help.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Ultor View Post
    Hi I have unzipped patch and started a game without any noticeable differences, makes me wonder if I did something wrong. Are there any tell tale signs at the start of a game that tells me that the patch was installed correctly? Cheers
    Because there no noticeable differences at the start. Check the left upper corner of the launcher, it should have RS 2.6 written.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

i set norton to ignore my rs2 map and dissabled internet connection.
    did work for 2 battles than bam CTD
    i think its my pc is the problem, now i get this error

generic error:insufficiant video memory to load requested texture set.
    damn old pc

you could try cff loader, if you know you have enough ram and video memory. I was getting ctd's becuase the game couldn't utilize more than 2GB of ram, someone suggested cff loader and it worked

I too am getting an error where starting a campaign with Pontus actually starts a Belgea game.

EDIT: This was addressed in the main 2.6 thread, just saw it. Cheers!
    Last edited by FeralBlueBird; August 26, 2013 at 04:01 PM.

I think there's a problem with the Greek Cities, greek archer texture, the bow is messed up, there are swords where the bowstring should be.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC