Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 142930313233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Default Re: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

0 turn really helps the AI out, you can play attrition games on 1 turn settings, but on 0 turn a few settlements will result in stacks every other turn. And the AI certainly would have enough money to do it unless you hurry and remove their treasury cities from them. (Or for rome ai, take over all of italy, pretty much)

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    0 turn really helps the AI out, you can play attrition games on 1 turn settings, but on 0 turn a few settlements will result in stacks every other turn. And the AI certainly would have enough money to do it unless you hurry and remove their treasury cities from them. (Or for rome ai, take over all of italy, pretty much)
    An interesting point; I certainly haven't played enough 0turn to for a discrete opinion on that. However, in your experience in 0turn, is that also because you've chosen to turn off, or scale down, the Garrision script, or make other modifications?

If a measured approach is taken (and the idea is indeed to play the whole timeline of 200-300 years), then 1turn facilitates this, the AI has plenty of time and other assistance; without an unequal preponderance of battles that skews the tactical vs strategic balance. IMHO.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    An interesting point; I certainly haven't played enough 0turn to for a discrete opinion on that.
    I know, thus you rely on arguments on "realism". Because the "conquering historically" Sparta campaign was just too obscene when one added slingers to it.

However, in your experience in 0turn, is that also because you've chosen to turn off, or scale down, the Garrision script, or make other modifications?
    A great assumption. No, the garrison script helps the AI fight other AIs for what it is worth (not much since they all attack me; what a challenge...)

It just happens the best way to deal with many things involves artillery. So the garrison script doesn't fire.

And even if I did let it go off, the easiest way to deal with that is also using artillery.
    Spoiler for Viewer Discretion Advised

But it's fine if people rather be able to win by only using some of the tools at their disposal, without having to really push the limits. It's why hardly anyone maxes out battle difficulty. (Yes, you can also make realism arguments)

If a measured approach is taken (and the idea is indeed to play the whole timeline of 200-300 years), then 1turn facilitates this
    I agree. It is a lot easier on 1 turn.

The reduction of unavoidable challenges in terms of enemy forces and frequency definitely facilitates dragging things out. Not that it wouldn't be possible otherwise. I mean I guess one could put battle difficulty on easy and then enjoy the clear superiority of your men with little swords killing men with slightly bigger swords.
    Last edited by Alavaria; December 20, 2014 at 05:48 PM.

UNKOWN METHOD

Can't even extract it...

Hello people,

I have a huge problem with Legions... basically I can recruit only 1 (III AVgvsta Itervm Pia Itervm), and that takes place in city of Carthago. In Rome and Akragas I have all the buildings/barracks nescessary for new Legions to appear.

Here is the list of the buildings that I currently have in Roma -

Palace of the Preator Vicarius
    Circus Maximus
    Curia Hostilla
    Castra Preatoria

I clearly screwed up when it came to (building priority), how am I supposed to unlock all Legions? Why is this so stupidly hard?

Thanks

(answer asap please )

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by divine_os View Post
    UNKOWN METHOD

Can't even extract it...
    Look in this thread and read the first post: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ctum-2-6-patch
    There are two different versions for this patch, one compressed with 7zip, and one compressed with WinRar.
    Choose which is affordable for you.
    Take care, that you need to install RS2.5 before!
    Just read the first post again, carefully!

I forgot to add that in Rome, besides Roman Antesignani, I can only recuit Early Preatorian Cohort (tho I have Castra Preatoria) which really should allow me to recruit some other ones). On the other hand Tarentum is the only city that I can recruit "nameless" Legions. No where else :/ (glad they are close to Greece since I'm fighting them atm)

Tiro

Quick question, is there a scripted income difference between 0 turn campaign and 1 turn campaign? I usually play 0turn, tried 1turn with Sparta and in 0 you usualy get a huge income, but get instantly in -8k deficit.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhindo View Post
    Quick question, is there a scripted income difference between 0 turn campaign and 1 turn campaign? I usually play 0turn, tried 1turn with Sparta and in 0 you usualy get a huge income, but get instantly in -8k deficit.
    Check the Treasury city, in 0 turn it gives you a larger Taxable Income Bonus %

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    Check the Treasury city, in 0 turn it gives you a larger Taxable Income Bonus %
    I guess thats it! Oh man that puts a quick stop to the Sparta campaign... Especially when Rome lands on Elis, Olympia every 3 turn even when allied..

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal126 View Post
    Hello people,

I have a huge problem with Legions... basically I can recruit only 1 (III AVgvsta Itervm Pia Itervm), and that takes place in city of Carthago. In Rome and Akragas I have all the buildings/barracks nescessary for new Legions to appear.

Here is the list of the buildings that I currently have in Roma -

Palace of the Preator Vicarius
    Circus Maximus
    Curia Hostilla
    Castra Preatoria

I clearly screwed up when it came to (building priority), how am I supposed to unlock all Legions? Why is this so stupidly hard?

Thanks

(answer asap please )
    I forgot to add that in Rome, besides Roman Antesignani, I can only recuit Early Preatorian Cohort (tho I have Castra Preatoria) which really should allow me to recruit some other ones). On the other hand Tarentum is the only city that I can recruit "nameless" Legions. No where else :/ (glad they are close to Greece since I'm fighting them atm)
    I best jump straight to the chase - after which we can help more.......

Are you running the script?
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

First of all thanks for the reply (tho it's CHristmas )Tbh I don't know that you could run one. I didn't even know about this whole Script thing. (I don't like to read about the mod, just play it hehe). However when you start a campaign this "guide" woman pops us and mentions something about the script. Ikd much about though. So clearly - NO, I haven't run the script. If you could tell me how we can work it out.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

whenever you start your campaign click on one of your city's,advisor pops up click on it and check your income,you should get +1denari every time you activate the script.best start a new campaign
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Hey guys, excuse me if it's the wrong thread, but i just can't seem to get RSII working on the new steam version, i install it the way it's supposed to be, then i launch it after choosing faction, etc.. and then it crashes on startup, any help provided would be great.. if this is the wrong thread, point me in the right direction please

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan97 View Post
    Hey guys, excuse me if it's the wrong thread, but i just can't seem to get RSII working on the new steam version, i install it the way it's supposed to be, then i launch it after choosing faction, etc.. and then it crashes on startup, any help provided would be great.. if this is the wrong thread, point me in the right direction please
    You only, very sadly, had to look just a little down the page.......

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...y-RS2-on-Steam

No joy, I'm afraid......I knew I hated the entire Steam concept; and this is proof positive.

First of all thanks for the reply (tho it's CHristmas )Tbh I don't know that you could run one. I didn't even know about this whole Script thing. (I don't like to read about the mod, just play it hehe). However when you start a campaign this "guide" woman pops us and mentions something about the script. Ikd much about though. So clearly - NO, I haven't run the script. If you could tell me how we can work it out.
    Ahh - then honestly; you really, really, really, really, REALLY - want to spend a little time reading through the 'stickies'; there's so much there that is worth reading, understanding and helping you enjoy the game (which is more of a simulation) so much more.

Each and every time you load up the game you have to activate the script - otherwise it won't work. Click on the Advisor's picture and check that 1d has been added to your Treasury.

I repeat - that's EVERY time you start playing the game. Don't look at anything; don't click about, start that script!

Thanks for help

I knew I hated the entire Steam concept; and this is proof positive.
    you think it is steam?i blame CA
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    you think it is steam?i blame CA
    Oh, Steam didn't do it alone - it's the concept I'm against - and I'm doubly sure since the Microsoft and Sony debacle of the last few days.

If you buy a game (or even a book) you should be allowed to play it whatever the circumstances. This 'you only have the 'licence' to play and only when connected to the internet is just rubbish. Never more convinced since I had a standalone for RSII. My install never gets trashed. All I need is electricity and the occasional upgrade/repair that affects only me.

what's with sony and microsoft?

i like steam,as a former console gamer,imo steam is more user friendly than psn or xbox.
    steam sales,free,all sorts of games in one place,workshop items...
    but thats probaby because iv played on playstation before...