Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

neep's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post

Another feature is that governors that rebel get a trait that immobilizes them (and any garrison units), I think... While this means you will have to fight them in an assault, it does mean the units cannot run about and cause any more trouble as they are also unable to move... will have to check if this is true.
    Yup, that is the case.
    The Rebel Governors can barely take 2 steps. So you could move them outside the city (but it won't do any good, the city will still rebel) but not far enough away to impact a different city.
    I have seen a couple of examples where I did manage to move them 3 or 4 steps away from the city over two turns, the city rebelled and a big stack was generated, then the stack moved away in the other direction. The Rebel Governor was left (still owned by me) standing around with nothing to do for a few turns.
    After the chaos died down, I was able to move them back into one of my nearby cities and they became "Field General becomes Loyal"

Garrisons can be moved as normal.
    When I see which cities have the Rebel Governors, I can move their garrisons out (leaving the Governor behind) to gather them together into a central mega-force.
    The rebel cities are left with just their Governors. I'm not worried about city happiness at this point since they're going to rebel anyway.
    I also saw cases where my stacks randomly (?) turned to rebels during that first phase. Having them in non-loyal territory - rebel or barbarian - seems to make them more prone to being turned.
    As the rebel stacks come into existence my mega-force can start to chop them down.
    Next turn, the cities rebel and the fun begins.

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

NOt sure that this is directly related to patch, but whatever : I have widescreen notebook but when I open rome it doesnt open lke widescreen, even after i press wide screen in options it doesnt respond. what shall i do? thx
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Quote Originally Posted by Vardan the Great View Post
    NOt sure that this is directly related to patch, but whatever : I have widescreen notebook but when I open rome it doesnt open lke widescreen, even after i press wide screen in options it doesnt respond. what shall i do? thx
    Don't play widescreen.

Seriously - RTW was written in a time before widescreen and it simply isn't supported well at all. It's why I'm very happy playing on a 'wider' screen (1,680x1,024 iirc), but not the widescreen I tried (1,920.....).

What I'm going to do when that old screen packs up I am not sure - perhaps just have some big black bars each side.

Note: Yes, as previously mentioned, RTW/RSII is not on 'this' PC that I otherwise use everyday - with double monitors indeed. (In fact one of that pair is an even older 1280x1024 and that is space-limited - I do have 2 spares however).
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Can one edit the descr_regions to remove the "Italy" hidden resource from Akagaras, then delete map.wpn... and thus make it safe to upgrade the settlement to Huge City without triggering Marian reforms? I can't remember if it is savegame compatible or not.

Though I want to make it into a wasteland, it grows fast with the grain from Surakousai, and also is importing from Carthago, so rather annoying.
    Last edited by Alavaria; November 10, 2014 at 08:55 PM.

Can one edit the descr_regions to remove the "Italy" hidden resource from Akagaras, then delete map.wpn... and thus make it safe to upgrade the settlement to Huge City without triggering Marian reforms? I can't remember if it is savegame compatible or not.

Though I want to make it into a wasteland, it grows fast with the grain from Surakousai, and also is importing from Carthago, so rather annoying.
    Depending what it is you want to achieve - I'd like to note that the player is fully in control. You do not 'have' to trigger the Marian reforms, ever (if so wished). Simply do not build the Imperial Palace. Your population can grow as high as it likes, just make sure you keep them happy by building the appropriate support buildings and keeping an eye on the place.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Yeah I just want to have Highways built on it. More to just blanket the world in huge cities and highways (which is a bit harder on 1-turn than 0-turn)

Actually my 0turn campaigns had like 30,000 population Cities (not even large city, heh) though I think Akagras won't get that high...
    Last edited by Alavaria; November 11, 2014 at 02:27 AM.

Oh and this is something I found that was surprising:
    Code:
    type             scythian royal infantry
    dictionary       scythian_royal_infantry
    category         infantry
    class            missile
    voice_type       Heavy_1
    soldier          scythian_royal_infantry, 50, 0, 1.468
    officer          greek_officer
    attributes       sea_faring,  hide_forest,  can_sap,  very_hardy,  command
    formation        1, 1, 2, 2, 5,  square
    stat_health      1, 7
    stat_pri         16, 15, pointed_stick2, 160, 20, missile, archery, piercing, none, 25, 1
    stat_pri_attr    light_spear, spear_bonus_6
    stat_sec         13, 15, no, 0, 0, melee, blade, piercing, spear, 25, 0.45
    stat_sec_attr    light_spear, spear_bonus_4
    Rome One Turn.

Why are their arrows light_spear and spear_bonus_6.... does it actually make their arrows really murderous vs horse?

Also, I think every other spear unit has spear bonuses etc, but not the Illyrian Light Infantry (surprised me for sure)
    Code:
    type             illyrian light infantry
    dictionary       illyrian_light_infantry ;;fs_semi_fast_javelinman, fs_o_f_spearman
    category         infantry
    class            light
    voice_type       Light_1
    soldier          illyrian_infantry, 60, 0, 1.154
    attributes       sea_faring,  hide_improved_forest,  can_sap,  very_hardy,  mercenary_unit,  no_custom
    formation        1, 1.66, 2, 3.33, 6,  square
    stat_health      1, 5
    stat_pri         10, 7, javelin, 60, 6, thrown, simple, piercing, spear, 25, 1
    stat_pri_attr    prec, thrown
    stat_sec         10, 7, no, 0, 0, melee, blade, slashing, sword, 25, 0.45
    stat_sec_attr    no
    Last edited by Alavaria; November 11, 2014 at 02:37 AM.

No, the Scythian Royal Infantry uses spears as their secondary weapon. Their defense against horses... Seems legit...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Bane1 View Post
    No, the Scythian Royal Infantry uses spears as their secondary weapon. Their defense against horses... Seems legit...
    But you see their primary attack, the bow, gets a spear bonus
    Code:
    stat_pri         16, 15, pointed_stick2, 160, 20, missile, archery, piercing, none, 25, 1
    stat_pri_attr    light_spear, spear_bonus_6
    This should mean not only will they massacre horsemen who charge into them if they have their bow out (well, ok I guess) but additionally their arrows get +6 attack stat when shooting horsemen. I think? Normally missile weapons only have "ap", "prec" on them.

There are other "spearmen archers" and they do not have this odd stat_pri, they just have "no" in that section.

I wonder what happens if you designate their bows as long_pike...
    Last edited by Alavaria; November 11, 2014 at 05:59 PM.

alextmusic's Avatar Foederatus

Hi guys,
    First of all, as everyone says, amazing mod!
    Well, I have read most of the things here (not all of them) but didn't find what I m looking for.
    I m playing as rome 0 turns. I have faced this one several times: after the reforms. I save normally the game and the autosave works as well. When I come back, and I m loading a game, it crushes. In the meanwhile, I tried to see if there's any problem like that with other factions, there's nothing like that. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by alextmusic View Post
    Hi guys,
    First of all, as everyone says, amazing mod!
    Well, I have read most of the things here (not all of them) but didn't find what I m looking for.
    I m playing as rome 0 turns. I have faced this one several times: after the reforms. I save normally the game and the autosave works as well. When I come back, and I m loading a game, it crushes. In the meanwhile, I tried to see if there's any problem like that with other factions, there's nothing like that. Any thoughts?
    Sadly, as noted all over the Forum(s), Auto-Save has been long known to be bugged. Depending on which Reforms you refer to, this is most likely to be the, apparently common, corruption of the Auto Save file that happens after a certain amount of time.

The thing to do is make sure it's disabled and manually save, making regular back-ups and keeping older saves (I do every 10 turns/5 years).

I also play 1turn......

alextmusic's Avatar Foederatus

Well, I did a re-installation of the whole thing.
    Re installed the RS6 and then deactivated the autosave. I do as ur-lord said. No crushing at the loading so far, but it crushes when it loads a battle sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vardan the Great View Post
    Do you have any codec packs installed like K-Lite or CCCP? If so, make sure RTW is exempt from the filters. I had some really weird problem once where the game would cap itself at 50fps and 1650 resolution no matter what, even when I set it to 1920@60fps. Come to find out it was the codec packs interfering with the Bink codec packed with the game or something..

Quote Originally Posted by alextmusic View Post
    Well, I did a re-installation of the whole thing.
    Re installed the RS6 and then deactivated the autosave. I do as ur-lord said. No crushing at the loading so far, but it crushes when it loads a battle sometimes.
    If you have this problem, you might try the Civ 4 4gb fix. Google "NTCore 4gb patch" (or "NTCore Explorer Suite" if you want the whole toolpack) and flag whichever EXE you're using to play RS2 through to be aware of > 3gb memory addresses. I used to have this same problem until I decided to try this on RTW on a lark and it totally fixed it for me.

Posted this earlier, but i didn't choose the right page, here it is:

So at the start screen of Roma Surrectum 2.6 I choose one turn campaigns, and in-game I choose and tried several factions.
    Here is the problem, when I make large enough army to attack some settlement and when I siege it, it's okay(has 2-3 army units in it ), next turn in that same settlement I sieged FULL ARMY INSIDE all of a sudden (20+ units)
    So I'm like: "okay maybe I didn't see the army" happened several times...
    Next problem when I maintain the siege, the enemy tries to defend it with huge army, ofc I win, but very next turn, more and more mega army comes, it is unbelievable, it goes on for 3,4 turns, Untill I win settlement with my army crippled as ****.
    When i finally win the settlement, it goes over again, enemy approaching with yet again 2,3 MEGA armies (by mega I mean all flags full on the campaign map ~20 units each), and all that coming from 2,3 nearby enemy settlements.

My question is, is this normal cause, it is impossible to advance trough map with this, and I have settings on MEDIUM campaign, MEDIUM battle difficulty.

Am I playing on 1-turn and AI on 0-turn??

(I tried 0-turn campaigns myself, it is awful just producing army fight 24/7 and not even choosing battles to fight on battle map, cause it's fight all the time, no joy in that).

Please help, I'm new at Roma Surrectum settings and changes from RTW

Who were you fighting and was this in their "homeland" (about where they start off)?

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by MyMumsCar View Post
    Posted this earlier, but i didn't choose the right page, here it is:

So at the start screen of Roma Surrectum 2.6 I choose one turn campaigns, and in-game I choose and tried several factions.
    Here is the problem, when I make large enough army to attack some settlement and when I siege it, it's okay(has 2-3 army units in it ), next turn in that same settlement I sieged FULL ARMY INSIDE all of a sudden (20+ units)
    Next problem when I maintain the siege, the enemy tries to defend it with huge army, ofc I win, but very next turn, more and more mega army comes, it is unbelievable, it goes on for 3,4 turns, Untill I win settlement with my army crippled as ****.
    When i finally win the settlement, it goes over again, enemy approaching with yet again 2,3 MEGA armies (by mega I mean all flags full on the campaign map ~20 units each), and all that coming from 2,3 nearby enemy settlements.

My question is, is this normal cause, it is impossible to advance trough map with this, and I have settings on MEDIUM campaign, MEDIUM battle difficulty.

Am I playing on 1-turn and AI on 0-turn??

(I tried 0-turn campaigns myself, it is awful just producing army fight 24/7 and not even choosing battles to fight on battle map, cause it's fight all the time, no joy in that).

Please help, I'm new at Roma Surrectum settings and changes from RTW
    RS2 is quite different from what you experienced untill now especially if you played just vanilla - original RTW; howewer it is the best mod of the best Total War game, ever.
    I recommend an intensive study of forums guides because there are a lot of things you have to learn.
    You can start here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ut-RS2-is-here
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ations-elusive

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by ferike_2007 View Post
    RS2 is quite different from what you experienced untill now especially if you played just vanilla - original RTW; howewer it is the best mod of the best Total War game, ever.
    I recommend an intensive study of forums guides because there are a lot of things you have to learn.
    You can start here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ut-RS2-is-here
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ations-elusive

Have fun!
    Thank you, I'll check it out, I played original and RTR 6 or something, the one with also big ass map like RS

Who were you fighting and was this in their "homeland" (about where they start off)?
    Spartan campaign, Macedons and Romans at north and west,
    every time I capture their settlement, next turn they immediately have giant army to recapture,
    it would be ok if it is one turn, but it goes on forever, I can't progress through map cause they cripple my army so much I need to send them back all the way to Sparta to retrain,

so I stopped playing for now it's impossible, and it is on medium battle and campaign difficulty.
    I had no problem with very hard difficulty on RTR 6.2 there it seemed they have 1-turn army training like me, this though... something is off

You have encountered the Garrison Script.

If you end turn while sieging a settlement it will get spawned army. Obviously if you don't siege and just assault (I love artillery for this) then it won't happen. But of course you are dragging around an artillery train...

I find that artillery opens up many good options for assaulting, as well as avoiding the script and removing the need to have your stack "in the open". You also get to control the settlement NOW rather than later. All good things.

Garrison scripts can also refire depending on your save/loading of the game, so it is possible you kill a lot of them on the field, but don't get the settlement, so more forces will be spawned before it is your turn again. I've encountered this before...
    but very next turn, more and more mega army comes, it is unbelievable, it goes on for 3,4 turns, Untill I win settlement with my army crippled as ****.
    You have encountered the Emergency Levy script

When factions start losing settlements that are very important (eg: Anywhere in Italy for AI Rome) stacks will spawn. For example, Rome gets up to three stacks (better if they are post-marian_reform). And it resets if the AI retakes all the critical settlements.

So if it pushes you back, it can get more emergency levy spawns if you attack again.

It requires a decent plan, but you can avoid garrison scripts, and there are ways to deal with the emergency stacks that don't involve having to fight them head on.

I was playing Sparta campaign, too. Though mine was on Hard campaign (not much difference) and VeryHard battles (but I'm abusing overpowered combos of units, tactics and AI behavior)
    Last edited by Alavaria; December 02, 2014 at 08:32 PM.