Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Tiro

Default Re: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Quote Originally Posted by Paedric View Post
    Strange.

I used 7-zip to compress it, it's a free utility that does a pretty good job at compression.
    Could you try to download it and see if it fix the problem please ?

If it's a recurrent issue, I will try to compress the files with something else.

My WinRar showed 1460 errors . Somekind of unknown compression method ;P. Though My Rar is really old version 3.8 (I installed it in 2008). 7-Zip 9.2 (2010 y.) unarchived files with no problem.

Tiro

If you get "Failed to find Steam" error, please try this as it helped me to lauch this great mod:

Go to your RS directory\launcher folder and open 'launcher' configuration (settings) file.

Look for this line: "SteamLaunch=Yes"

And change it to: "SteamLaunch=No".

Now you are free to enjoy RS!

I also posted this solution in "Failed to find Steam" thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ind-Steam-quot

Quote Originally Posted by Ovidius Empiricus View Post
    Just destroyed Hannibal's army in 1-turn.... One thing I didn't expect is that in Capua I had a unit of Campanian Cavalry. (Of course I included them in the battle, with their "frighten infantry" trait and better stats!) I've found no indication in the building descriptions that I'd be able to recruit more, so I'm wondering if that's the only unit of it I'll ever have, if there's an issue with how I installed, or what the deal is. If it is the only one and it's been kept in the game intentionally, it seems an awful waste to me to use up a slot just for that, when something recruitable for whatever faction could go in its place.
    Campanian cavalry are only an initial starting unit for Rome as they weren't used by them historically after that because they joined hannibal. Other factions get to use them though.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Predator View Post
    Got the patch.Started a Spartan Campaign. Formed an army and besieged Olympia.I let them starve and salyed on 4'th turn.
    The problem came when I tried to arrange my unit in battle formations, and some units(actually those I moved) had each individual soldier brrake ranks and runn off haywire.What's happening?Why do they do that?
    Hey, anything about my stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Zydrius View Post
    If you get "Failed to find Steam" error, please try this as it helped me to lauch this great mod:

Go to your RS directory\launcher folder and open 'launcher' configuration (settings) file.

Look for this line: "SteamLaunch=Yes"

And change it to: "SteamLaunch=No".

Now you are free to enjoy RS!

I also posted this solution in "Failed to find Steam" thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ind-Steam-quot
    I found that copying the Steam.dll file from the steam folder to the Rome Total War Gold folder will work, for those who have Steam but are getting this error. One of the solutions from this thread (about vanilla RTW, not RS): http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2516059 Apparently it can be an issue with RTW on Steam without mods, not sure why it would suddenly start though.

After copying the dll I was able to load the game and start a Roman campaign without issues.

Telémakhos's Avatar Libertus

I'm also getting the failed to find steam issue, which I did not get with 2.5. Not a big deal--I just add the .exe as a game in Steam--but it'll be a hassle to switch among factions this way.

Quote Originally Posted by patriots190 View Post
    I found that copying the Steam.dll file from the steam folder to the Rome Total War Gold folder will work, for those who have Steam but are getting this error. One of the solutions from this thread (about vanilla RTW, not RS): http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2516059 Apparently it can be an issue with RTW on Steam without mods, not sure why it would suddenly start though.

After copying the dll I was able to load the game and start a Roman campaign without issues.
    OMGosh thank you so much, I used your method of copying the steam.dll because I still wanted to launch through steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Telémakhos View Post
    I'm also getting the failed to find steam issue, which I did not get with 2.5. Not a big deal--I just add the .exe as a game in Steam--but it'll be a hassle to switch among factions this way.
    do as the above post says and you will be good

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

Installing over functional 2.5 using Alex.exe

Apparently everything overwrote OK.

First attempt to run after patching loaded OK but had only options for battles, not campaigns.

A little twiddling with the Launcher settings & now I get a CTD during loading of game.

'Script Error in data/descr_settlement_plan.txt at line 4033 column 13.

No building in tech tree under type barracks2 level:muster_field 2'

Edit: I think this is the same problem reported by mav61 in his earlier post on the download thread post No.51.

Very nice to see this work progessed anyways

Balla.
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Ballacraine : Strange. Are you doing anything special, and are you using steam?
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Campanian cavalry are only an initial starting unit for Rome as they weren't used by them historically after that because they joined hannibal. Other factions get to use them though.
    Okay, that makes sense. I was mostly worried I did something wrong.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Predator View Post
    Hey, anything about my stuff?
    I am going to look into the issues with formations as soon as things settle down regarding 2.6. My biggest problem is that I've never seen it happen myself, so screen shots of this behavior and what happens would be appreciated. I have had incidences where I deploy my army and then command the whole army to march forward to a certain spot on the BF.....but various units march off in different directions, and some even backwards. To correct this, I just select the whole army and command it to attack any enemy unit I can see. Once they all start moving, THEN I can command them to march forward properly.

This seems to be a glitch in the formations...we just haven't figured out what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballacraine View Post
    Installing over functional 2.5 using Alex.exe

Apparently everything overwrote OK.

First attempt to run after patching loaded OK but had only options for battles, not campaigns.

A little twiddling with the Launcher settings & now I get a CTD during loading of game.

'Script Error in data/descr_settlement_plan.txt at line 4033 column 13.

No building in tech tree under type barracks2 level:muster_field 2'

Edit: I think this is the same problem reported by mav61 in his earlier post on the download thread post No.51.

Very nice to see this work progessed anyways

Balla.
    That is indeed a weird error. Somewhere in your install you have a file referring to buildings that were removed in RS2.5, and haven't been there since I reworked the settlements.
    You may have a mix-up of installed versions.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Is it normal or not to start roman campaign in 2nd turn with more 30.000 dinars ( it was -5000 etc in2.5) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Paedric View Post
    Ballacraine : Strange. Are you doing anything special, and are you using steam?
    Not that I am aware of.

No, I have Steam installed, but RomeTW is not linked to it.

Balla

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    That is indeed a weird error. Somewhere in your install you have a file referring to buildings that were removed in RS2.5, and haven't been there since I reworked the settlements.
    In all honesty, that doesn't surprise me.
    It seems I have always have & still do attract irrational behaviour from software.

A mix of installations is a distinct possibility, if you recall I was an active beta tester in the run up to the launch of RS2.

Perhaps I would be better waiting for the combined 2.6 release, & starting afresh?

Balla

Quote Originally Posted by Ballacraine View Post
    In all honesty, that doesn't surprise me.
    It seems I have always have & still do attract irrational behaviour from software.

A mix of installations is a distinct possibility, if you recall I was an active beta tester in the run up to the launch of RS2.

Perhaps I would be better waiting for the combined 2.6 release, & starting afresh?

Balla

Do you mean after you clicked to play the game menu just had Historical Battles and Custom Battle? If so, this happened to me and at first I thought it was messed up but I quit and started the launcher again to notice I was not selected on a faction to play, so it went to battles menu.

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    I am going to look into the issues with formations as soon as things settle down regarding 2.6. My biggest problem is that I've never seen it happen myself, so screen shots of this behavior and what happens would be appreciated. I have had incidences where I deploy my army and then command the whole army to march forward to a certain spot on the BF.....but various units march off in different directions, and some even backwards. To correct this, I just select the whole army and command it to attack any enemy unit I can see. Once they all start moving, THEN I can command them to march forward properly.

This seems to be a glitch in the formations...we just haven't figured out what it is.

the way I combat the units running off is always pause if you're going to move the whole army then when you click to move them hit space to make sure they are lined up properly. I think they get messed up if there is a piece of terrain that gets in their way and the computer doesn't know how to correct

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Deckard View Post
    Do you mean after you clicked to play the game menu just had Historical Battles and Custom Battle? If so, this happened to me and at first I thought it was messed up but I quit and started the launcher again to notice I was not selected on a faction to play, so it went to battles menu.
    Yes, that was it, but after I adjusted the settings on the launcher & tried again I got that CTD with the given error message.

Balla

Hmm, it might be annoying, but I suggest you wipe it out and install it again, maybe it wasn't a clean install and this will wash away whatever is conflicting with it.

Yes, I was thinking along similar lines. I am on with that now.

Balla.