Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Default Re: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Quote Originally Posted by samnit View Post
    Hi, please help, I am playing RS 2.6, and cant recruit late praetorians, I have made Marians reforms, built curia hostilia, circus maximus, and all what needs, but still cant recruit they dont appear, what is the problem???
    Have you been certain to run the script? (Curia Hostilia not needed (in fact you have one in Roma anyway iirc - and it shouldn't be a building option - have you upgraded your Praetorian Barracks?)
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Foederatus

hi who would i talk to about getting source files for roma surrectum launcher and permission to use it to sort out rtr mod launcher

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by minidude2014 View Post
    hi who would i talk to about getting source files for roma surrectum launcher and permission to use it to sort out rtr mod launcher
    PatricianS

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Foederatus

thanks

Foederatus

how would i go about contacting him

Mayer's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    There are many using Steam, and a good explanation how to fix it for RS2. Here:
    It wasn't clear enough what i meant. I actually wanted to use the handsome RSII launcher to launch the game via steam, because it would be simpler than having to write a new command-line every time i want to change/swap the faction. But i suppose this isn't possible.

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    RS2 is not Alexander exclusive because many don't have it...and truthfully, having more models so the city view can have some women walking around is a lot of work.
    it was just an idea i had because maksimus reintroduced civilians in his Alexander submod for EB.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Mayer View Post
    It wasn't clear enough what i meant. I actually wanted to use the handsome RSII launcher to launch the game via steam, because it would be simpler than having to write a new command-line every time i want to change/swap the faction. But i suppose this isn't possible.

it was just an idea i had because maksimus reintroduced civilians in his Alexander submod for EB.
    Also, Paedric worked on the Launcher for RS2. Both through PM on this site.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Hello everyone, I couldn't believe in my eyes when i install this mod. It's a masterpiece!! The detail of EVERYTHING is just amazing, the buildings, the units, everything is just amazing!!! My award goes to the city of Athens! It was a huge disappointment in vanilla Rome. Although i have some issues:

1) I think that i install correctly the 2.6 patch but i am not sure. I follow the directions and i was asked to replace some files and i did, but my launcher still shows 2.2β as ωερσιον and i saw some videos in youtube that it should write 2.6 and there will be an option for music mute
    2) When i go to play custom battles and i choose athenai battlefield the city of Athens doesn't appear as in campaign map :'( is a way to fix this?
    3) A lot of unit cards in historically battles and in campaign are shown white and doesn't show a unit.
    4) The battle time is extremely long. It took me 45 minutes for only 180 units, and generals are dying extremely hard.
    5) Are you planning to make Athens playable too?
    6) When i choose 1 turn campaign and launch, when i go to the menu to choose a faction rome isn't their, rome can be choist only in the lancher.

Thank you. Keep up the good work, it is extremely good )))))

2.2β as version*

I seem to have encountered an issue with the character traits in my Syracuse campaign...

Specifically, the faction leader is supposed to not have the X economy (Balanced economy, etc) traits. In fact, they will constantly lose a ton of points for Prosperity_Index. I suspect it's because adding points to Remove_Index does not remove the Prosperity Index, but drives it down to 0.... so It's funny to see the FL go down a rank of economy per turn (He's at Major Depression).
    Trigger Prosperity_Index_Remover
    WhenToTest BecomesFactionLeader

Condition IsFactionLeader
    and Trait Prosperity_Index > 0

Affects Remove_Index 9 Chance 100

;------------------------------------------;
    Trigger Prosperity_Index_Remover2
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition IsFactionLeader
    and Trait Prosperity_Index > 0

Affects Remove_Index 9 Chance 100

;------------------------------------------;
    Since I'm at it...

Any reason why the province for Roma doesn't follow the river and the mountains? Weird to see that settlement way to the north having land past the river and south of the mountains...
    Last edited by Alavaria; April 14, 2014 at 06:54 PM.

PrimiPilo's Avatar Laetus

Hi. First of all congrats for the mod, its an awesome work you all did.

Ok, I've been playing for a while in a Roman 0 turn campaign (default?). I got the marian reforms. I can recruit roman legionaries in Rome and Tarentum. But I can't recruit them in any other place. In adition I can't recruit any of the auxilia troops. I build fortified region, I got the Oppidium Provincial and metal weapon import but the only units available are just the locals ones before marian reforms and roman antesignani.
    Did I miss something? Do I need to build the circus maximus?
    Please, help! =)

I think you need to grant citizenship.Not sure but i know that there were a few buildings when i played.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiPilo View Post
    ............ I got the marian reforms. I can recruit roman legionaries in Rome and Tarentum. But I can't recruit them in any other place. In adition I can't recruit any of the auxilia troops. I build fortified region, I got the Oppidium Provincial and metal weapon import but the only units available are just the locals ones before marian reforms and roman antesignani.
    Did I miss something? Do I need to build the circus maximus?
    Please, help! =).
    It would be really worth your while to review the old stickies about how RSII is setup - including the graphics of Government, Troops and Promotions so you have an idea.

Marian Reforms gets you the change from Early/Middle Republic (Polybian) troops to Late Republic (Ceasar et al) legions - for which you need Campus Martius. The Augustan Reforms (Circus Maximus) will get you the Later Imperial legions and the Late Auxilia. The Roman Fortress (in between) will get you the first tranche of named and numbered (slightly out of sequence, but done for good reasons).

The blurb you see above is a small 'bugglet' - post the Augustan Reforms the Late Auxilia are indeed recruitable from Oppidum Lvl 3 and do not need citizenship (as they're not normally citizens).
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

So, all the troops which I circled in red will be available after the Augustan Reform?

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiPilo View Post
    So, all the troops which I circled in red will be available after the Augustan Reform?
    Yes
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Any reason why the launcher needs to "run as admin"?
    Can i disable the UAC thing just for RS2?

All right, Circus Maximus is under construction, 19 turns to go! So now I got the Roman Fortress in my capital, which give me the possibility to recruit the Legio VII Pia Fidelis... but I can't recruit roman legionaries any more, only in Tarentum... (?) I hope this is not a bug. Never had a single CTD on this 2.6 mod and I always load the script once I load my game. I think I will post some images of my empire and show you how things are going on. I captured Carthago just moments ago =)

This one is similar as the one from PrimPilo, but i'm just too stupid to find what i'm supposed to build then...

How can Massalia recruit thureophoroi? Because their barracks say so, as basic colonial recruitment too (T1 barracks), but it doesn't appear as an option. Not on Massalia, nor the settlements i got my hands on (Emporiae, and the Narbonensis one).

I checked the unit_descr and the building_descr of the campaign's folder, but i'm getting lost in the syntax. It's the only unit this is happening with, I can recruit the other T1 barracks unit (Akonkistai ), but i need some fooder to keep Polybians busy at the flanks, not flat skirmishers.

I'm not being able to field enough men from Massalia, AOR mercenaries are running short, and I don't retrain my units (self-imposed rule).

They appear available in the building descriptions, but not in the recruitment tab.

Reference for the same question posted as "tech help": http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...i&goto=newpost
    A thread I checked about the unit_descr: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...on-Unit-Roster

PS: Posted it in an RSII issues thread, my fault. Cannot seem to edit it or erase it. Is it because i don't have enough post? This account is like 3 years old :S

Don't ask this question in mutiple threads please.

You should be looking at the export_descr_unit and export_desc_building anyway

How are you playing the campaign, RS2 launcher?

Yeah, that's my inability to find the right place to ask.

I've looked through those files, but i sincerely don't understand where the problem is, as well, the syntax makes no sense to me. Looks like those files have the rules for ALL factions, and cannot find which part is only for Massalia. The error is related to that unit, and i cannot recruit it in any of my settlements. It should be related to the building and not to a certain area, as T1 barracks can be built in any region.

Yes, i'm playing from the launcher 1.3.3., RS 2.6.