Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Default Re: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Ok, I tested barbarian hill forts first to see if this has been fixed and it seems to not have been . . . lol They do pretty much what they did before which is stack and get stuck the run out at you in single file.

Im not sure this is fixed

My crashes happen mostly at the end of battles, but it crashed a few times while on the campaign map, too.

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Got the patch.Started a Spartan Campaign. Formed an army and besieged Olympia.I let them starve and salyed on 4'th turn.
    The problem came when I tried to arrange my unit in battle formations, and some units(actually those I moved) had each individual soldier brrake ranks and runn off haywire.What's happening?Why do they do that?

Domesticus

I just took the city of Olympia from the GCS. Destroyed the tax and barracks building.

Buuut i can recruit generals in it (?)

Is this intentional?

Dont know whether this is a bug with 2.6 or not as this is the first thing ive played on RomeTW since a long time ago, but when i right click on a unit/building whilst on the campaign map, the picture doesnt show and just a white box is present. Anyone know a quick fix for this??

Tah

(GREAT MOD btw, absolutely stunning!)

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Waycrush View Post
    Dont know whether this is a bug with 2.6 or not as this is the first thing ive played on RomeTW since a long time ago, but when i right click on a unit/building whilst on the campaign map, the picture doesnt show and just a white box is present. Anyone know a quick fix for this??

Tah

(GREAT MOD btw, absolutely stunning!)
    That's an intermittent bug that's been around for a while.
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

Oh right? So its random? Could reloading the game until it works be a fix? (If you could call it that?) Or is it screwed for me?

Oh right? So its random? Could reloading the game until it works be a fix? (If you could call it that?) Or is it screwed for me?
    it will keep happening. Reloading the game sometimes helps but it's bound to happen again. I've found that clicking on enemy units and viewing their stats a lot of times will fix it for a bit.

I'm having the same issue as z28man - I have RTW on Steam, did a clean install of 2.5, and successfully started a campaign to make sure everything was working. Upon installing 2.6, when I try to start the game from the launcher (using the same settings I used for 2.5), I get an application error that says "Failed to find Steam."

Great work getting this patch released! I'm looking forward to starting a new Seleucid campaign with loyalty and rebalanced elephants.

Hello,

i keep getting the "Failed to find Steam" error.. What can I do? I am logged in and its running.

thanks,

Appreciate your help!

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

got CTD after my first battle near genoa message was
    generic error,unable to allocate atexture for the UIimposseble to openUIdisolay_open()will fail gracefully??? never had that message before when playing RS. any idea iff its becausez i installed it wrong?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Foederatus

First of all, thanks RS team for your hard work!
    Have trouble with lancher, dosn't working in roman campaign

Found these line and column: recruit "allied germanic cavalry" 0 requires factions { romans_brutii, } and hidden_resource area13 and not hidden_resource r12
    What's wrong?

The zip file has an extra level of folders, so it unzips the patch into it's own folder in the RS2 root folder, which is why nothing is overwritten. What worked for me, was opening the zip, then digging down two layers of folders to the actual files, then I did select all and extracted to the root RS2 folder, it then overwrite files (I clicked yes to all) and now the launcher says 2.6 and the game SEEMS to work fine, I even kicked Hannibals butt on medium for the first time (I always got killed before!) Maybe it was just lucky patch day miracle for my crappy general

Quote Originally Posted by patriots190 View Post
    I'm having the same issue as z28man - I have RTW on Steam, did a clean install of 2.5, and successfully started a campaign to make sure everything was working. Upon installing 2.6, when I try to start the game from the launcher (using the same settings I used for 2.5), I get an application error that says "Failed to find Steam."

Great work getting this patch released! I'm looking forward to starting a new Seleucid campaign with loyalty and rebalanced elephants.
    thank God I'm not the only one, I thought I was. I've tried 4 different fresh installs of everything

Quote Originally Posted by KAST View Post
    First of all, thanks RS team for your hard work!
    Have trouble with lancher, dosn't working in roman campaign
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Found these line and column: recruit "allied germanic cavalry" 0 requires factions { romans_brutii, } and hidden_resource area13 and not hidden_resource r12
    What's wrong?

You tried to use the "edu changes", right? I did the same thing, they weren't updated in the new patch. Doesn't matter, the new battle are shorter anyways.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Just destroyed Hannibal's army in 1-turn.... One thing I didn't expect is that in Capua I had a unit of Campanian Cavalry. (Of course I included them in the battle, with their "frighten infantry" trait and better stats!) I've found no indication in the building descriptions that I'd be able to recruit more, so I'm wondering if that's the only unit of it I'll ever have, if there's an issue with how I installed, or what the deal is. If it is the only one and it's been kept in the game intentionally, it seems an awful waste to me to use up a slot just for that, when something recruitable for whatever faction could go in its place.

If you really want to see the unit or building info cards, you can use the following method as a "fix"

1. Right click on one of the units in a city.
    2. If you can see the picture, keep that info window opened and try to right click on units in the recruitment roster.
    3. Now you can see the those info cards which were white boxes originally.

Quote Originally Posted by z28man View Post
    thank God I'm not the only one, I thought I was. I've tried 4 different fresh installs of everything
    Ditto..i don't get it fresh installs and everything and still no go, failed to find steam

I don't know if it's correct posting here but...

is it normal that rebels make peace with other factions?

Quote Originally Posted by andrea90 View Post
    I don't know if it's correct posting here but...

is it normal that rebels make peace with other factions?
    Yes, its normal. The "rebels" are a regular faction, not like the rebels from vanilla.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC