Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

Default Re: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

no i did not the path i did install is d:games/roma surrectum,vanilla game is also not in program files.my program files are on ssd and used for OS and all game related stuff is on my hdd.i noticed that before and after battles my screen goos black for sec or 2 and than starts loading.every time i think its gonna crash but it keeps working.have installed rs2 4 times now on my new pc and its always the same.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

If you are getting any screen other than the red\orange city of Rome with RSII and the eagle superimposed over it, you installed RS2 wrong. For example, for RS2 to work properly, it must be installed in the directory where the 'exe' files are that run the game. So when you open your RS2\RTW folder, you should see at the bottom the 'exes', and folders that say 'Play_this' and Play_that, etc. If you don't, wrong install.

If you are starting from the Launcher, and choosing to run the game using the BI.exe, that means the built in shortcut with switches in the Launcher will look for RS2 in the Main RTW folder...NOT the BI folder. If it doesn't find RS2, it will try and start the normal BI campaign and likely crash.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Laetus

Hi. The game runs fine for me (some CTDs but not very often), but I ran into a somewhat strange problem. There are some settlements (such as Argedava for the Dacians) where certain buildings won't apply the bonuses they are supposed to bestow upon the city (farms or riverports for example). I tried other factions as well and I keep running into the same problem. I play the 2.6 version using the Barbarian Invasion exe.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Bane1 View Post
    No, why should they be causing that? I have them on and the game runs perfect. And loooks epic. Especially Dark Bloom.
    iirc there was a problem with them in an earlier version.

I'll give them a try then.

Thanks.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

@dvk i get the red/orange screen when i start from the launcher,after that i get the Original BI video,if i use the TWexe i get the roma surrectum vid and than the Original vid?ive installed it in directory where the exe and folders are.just like i Always did. i did a reinstall an our ago and still the same intro movie,i dont mind the vid but the game crashes every major battle.gonna try to play with the TWexe and see if that works beter.if not im out of thoughts on what i shoud do.probably just save every year and play it anyway thanks for the help
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Patrician

In the lower right hand corner of the Launcher, you should see this:

-show_err -nm -movie_cam

If the -nm is missing, you will get the original RTW\BI video intros. That's not necessarily bad, but it suggests that something is wrong, because those switches were put in the Launcher by default.

Also, be sure you disable your anti-virus program before playing, or at least instruct it to ingnore the RTW\RS2 folder altogether. And, be sure to set 'autosave' to FALSE. Some systems are very sensitive to autosave for some reason. I had a computer a while ago that would crash RTW instantly in a battle if I had autosave set TRUE.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Patrician

Regarding building bonuses, be aware that sometimes there are extra bonus if a 'resource' is available in the region. For example, if 'grain' is available, there is another bonus in farms. The bonus will show up in the building description anyway, even if grain isn't there. RTW reports all bonuses listed in the building, regardless of whether they apply or not, and sometimes it can be confusing.
    Last edited by dvk901; October 14, 2013 at 10:10 AM.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by Primative1 View Post
    iirc there was a problem with them in an earlier version.

I'll give them a try then.

Thanks.
    Yes, try them, They're worth it. Mabye you find one that suits you. I made some modifications with the Nvidia control paneel and now it really looks better, also works like a charm. I love Dark Bloom. It gives a really intense cineiastic atmosphere.

@dvk yes i only see -show_err so changing that to the right one shoud solve the problem than.i set my antivirus to ignore roma surrectum. u use ESET virusscanner btw. its really wierd,iff i start from the shortcut it says -show_err ;iff i start from the launcher in the files it says -show_err-nm-movie_cam.but still have the vanilla intro video.but a lot less crashes...
    Last edited by tungri_centurio; October 14, 2013 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    .............,iff i start from the shortcut it says -show_err ............
    Check the properties of your shortcut - one or more of the paths may be wrong - you may even be pointing at the wrong directory in the first place!
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Tiro

Im having quite a few end of battle CTDs, as the Samartians against the greeks in the bosphorus.

Patrician

Do you have autosave disabled, and anti-virus off?

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Tiro

Yes since 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    Yes, I believe this is now due to the 'Survival Script' running. It's not something I'm a fan of, but it was asked for. It would be nice if this was an option in the Launcher rather than a default. It will be something I remove when I get back to RSII.
    Well when you get back to it could you please teach me how to remove it? Sorry for bothering.

I, too, just experienced a CTD while fighting the Greeks. Playing as Rome, early in the Campaign, had laid siege to Syracuse. The Greeks sallied forth with the Garrison stack and another large stack. I fought for almost twenty minutes, against this huge army, and just as I'd won the battle and started to route the Greeks, I get a CTD. Now I have to fight the battle over again. Also, I'm take a major FPS hit on the battle map. I'm losing at least 10 FPS compared to 2.5, which I still have installed. Any idea why?

I solved the above problem by adjusting my vegetation settings. They were set to high and I lowered them to medium. No more CTDs and no more lag. High was probably a bit much for my small laptop graphics card.

Tiro

btw whats wrong with Memphis' port? (before last upper nile city, before elephantine)
    Its port is stuck behind relief and unaccessible by road and doesnt seem to be working proper trade...

Hey I'm having a weird problem with Brigantion's legions. I think I have every building needed to build them but for some reason they just don't appear in the build list. Is the save corrupt? This is zero turn.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    @dvk yes i only see -show_err so changing that to the right one shoud solve the problem than.i set my antivirus to ignore roma surrectum. u use ESET virusscanner btw. its really wierd,iff i start from the shortcut it says -show_err ;iff i start from the launcher in the files it says -show_err-nm-movie_cam.but still have the vanilla intro video.but a lot less crashes...
    If you put this (-show_err-nm-movie_cam) in your shortcut exactly as shown, or in the Launcher, it will not work.
    The correct way is this:

-show_err -nm -movie_cam

There must be spaces between each of the switches.

I will check out Memphis port.

Also, yes, setting your graphics settings too high will cause trouble. The reason is that both the trees and bushes in RS2 are all high resolution models..there are no lower resolution models to use. So what really changes is the distance at which the game will stop using the 'real' models and start using the sprites. You lose very little doing this, because even the sprites in RS2 were hand made to some extent. So a setting of medium could well stop some CTD's.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Thanks dvk,gonna check that when im back home.and set grafix to medium also,had them en verryhigh and high last time.