Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

As Argos and Olympia are unwalled take them by direct assault as i did on the 1-turn sparta. First turn immediately go for Argos. As soon as you go up to two settlements you don't need to worry with the Survival script no more.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Playing the Macedonian Campaign, is it normal to have the option of building Parthian Satrapy in Pella, after building Government Determination?
    Who will you fight when all are dead?

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I encounter a CTD when I try to enslave a city (Syracuse). A reinforcing army attacks me, I fight the field battle and then when I click to enslave the city, BOOM, CTD. Playing as Rome, 1-turn, BI.exe. I remember having this problem before in 2.5 at (I think) Lepcis Magna.

Any fix or must I withdraw from the battle? I've already fought it twice and I don't want to fight another 3 times.

Goddamn it! I autoresolved that last battle so it was fine, but then up in the north of Italy I fought 3 consecutive battles (grinding my legion to dust, was awesome) and the same thing happened! I clicked to occupy this time. It seems that I can't capture a city when they attack me or else it CTDs. Is there a possible fix to this? Script was running and everything.
    Last edited by High Fist; September 28, 2013 at 11:17 AM.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

I think i have found the same issue but i don't know of it's mod related or not. I was able to overcome it by allowing the AI routing units to leave the field. Of course they fled to the city which i only took the next turn. However it has not happened to me all the time, i use that trick( siege, wait for reinforcing armie, take city), or attack army outside wall/ force garrison to sally/ take city. I play with Alex.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Well, this second time it happened there had been two previous battles, so the city was empty. But I'll try letting them flee the field anyway and see if that makes a difference.
    I used to play with Alex and the same thing happened once or twice. Don't know why it's being so frequent now, I use that method a lot.

Tiro

Hey man, don't masacre routing AI - they also have families!

I always let small groups of AI to rout, only masacre those who run in large numbers as I hate when later they return to battle and fighting gest scatterd all over the battlemap (just a waste of time).

„There can be greater mods than Roma Surrectum 2, but simply there are none!“, Zydrius

I usually chase them 'till only 90% is left, then the remaining 10% will disappear on the campaign map. Still, this is a predicament.

pacco's Avatar -master-of-none-

Hi guys,
    I didn't play RS2 for a while... didn't have RS 2.6 too.
    After some battles I had this problem - strange lines... Probably some tree model or unit model have a vertex problem.
    Maybe this is a known issue, but I didn't have it with RS 2.5.

Skinner and modeller for Roma Surrectum
    Under the patronage of Tone
    my shield collection

Graphics card overheating I think

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

When I attack large cities I use a ground force and a navy force. Seems every time I bring in a navy force the game crashes. Anyone else having this problem

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Graphics card overheating I think
    But I didn't have a problem with RS2.5...
    And this is happening only when I play with Rome.

my shield collection

Quote Originally Posted by pacco View Post
    But I didn't have a problem with RS2.5...
    And this is happening only when I play with Rome.
    It does happen with others too. I see it now and again. It's simply that the graphics are being pushed very hard (RSII pushes the limits of 10 year old graphics engines).
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    It does happen with others too. I see it now and again. It's simply that the graphics are being pushed very hard (RSII pushes the limits of 10 year old graphics engines).
    Any solution?

my shield collection

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    I 'think' the problem lies in the fact that the Romans can now have multiple 'families' going on at the same time, and this is because all starting characters for Rome are not truly 'family members'. This is the only reason I can think of for this error. I have tried everything else I could even imagine was causing this CTD, and nothing works. So it is best to forget bribing. It cannot be fixed as far as I know.
    First of all i really enjoy this mod,great work done by the RS II team,so the bribe thing is of almost no importance.Then again i tried some things and made all the generals available and recruitable for the romans in the EDU and DMB.I used an old save and tried bribing again ....it worked just fine for the cimbri,belgae and boii(plus another faction i don't remember),but their generals became legatus millity or some roman gen anyway ...and game crushed for seleucid and pergamus.There are some contitions for it to work anyway,the family member must be alone in the army/city(no other fam member,spy,assassin or diplomat...normal units are ok) ...and the diplomats where always bribeable.Next days i will try to restore the original EDU,DMB files and see if it had anything to do,and if so I'll look at the differences between the factions gen.One other thing I consider trying is giving all gen's the mercenary_unit stat.
    Hope something works and this bug may be fixable

Any solution?
    No, I don't believe there is - for the entire graphics engine is using the main CPU and not the separate GPU on graphics cards (RTW was written before such things really existed).

As long as you have a fast CPU and a graphics card that is simply suitable to keep up with the dataflow - then that's it. Turning down graphics options can help, but some battlefields will still probably display like this.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Hi guys,
    I didn't play RS2 for a while... didn't have RS 2.6 too.
    After some battles I had this problem - strange lines... Probably some tree model or unit model have a vertex problem.
    Maybe this is a known issue, but I didn't have it with RS 2.5.

Hi, Pacco. Good to see you are still around.

To answer your question, the appearance of 'artifacts' in\on the battlefield (or anywhere else in the game) is an indication that your graphics card is struggling.
    I have never seen this caused by anything else. Model or texture issues will always display as problems 'related to' that model or texture, but what I see in your screen shot is that your card is 'wigging out' and displaying what is essentially garbage.

The reasons for this can be, as Tone said, overheating, or worse, an indication of eminent failure (I have had that happen). It could also be a corrupt driver, or something just went wrong with the driver. I would follow the following steps to try and solve this:

1. Whatever graphics card model you have, check and see if there is an updated driver for it. Then install it and test.

2. If that doesn't solve the problem, and you have a desktop PC, open the case and ensure that the fan on the graphics card is actually working. Many times these cheap fans get a bit of dirt or dust in them and they just stop turning. Sometimes you can manually 'spin' them and get them going again. But also, it's always good to get a can of compressed air...turn off the PC and let it cool down completely (to prevent damage to hot parts)...and then blow out the heatsinks on the graphics card and the CPU, as well as give the fans a good robust cleaning. Hold the tip of the spray abotu 6-8 inches away from the parts you are cleaning, as you can 'freeze' them if you get too close.

3. If none of this works, unfortunately, it may be that your video card has seen better days.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by blood_reaver View Post
    Playing the Macedonian Campaign, is it normal to have the option of building Parthian Satrapy in Pella, after building Government Determination?
    Well, I just checked the files and I'd almost say that's impossible...but, could you upload a saved game please?

Quote Originally Posted by High Fist View Post
    I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I encounter a CTD when I try to enslave a city (Syracuse). A reinforcing army attacks me, I fight the field battle and then when I click to enslave the city, BOOM, CTD. Playing as Rome, 1-turn, BI.exe. I remember having this problem before in 2.5 at (I think) Lepcis Magna.

Any fix or must I withdraw from the battle? I've already fought it twice and I don't want to fight another 3 times.

Goddamn it! I autoresolved that last battle so it was fine, but then up in the north of Italy I fought 3 consecutive battles (grinding my legion to dust, was awesome) and the same thing happened! I clicked to occupy this time. It seems that I can't capture a city when they attack me or else it CTDs. Is there a possible fix to this? Script was running and everything.
    Do you have autosave enabled? This will definitely cause a CTD.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by blood_reaver View Post
    Well, I just checked the files and I'd almost say that's impossible...but, could you upload a saved game please?

Quote Originally Posted by High Fist View Post

Do you have autosave enabled? This will definitely cause a CTD.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Is it also a bug that I can build the parthian satrapy across the whole of my seleucid empire? I assume so because it also causing a CTD when I build it in a particular city and open the settlement details.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

there is some wierd stuff going on in 2.6...
    im playing a pergamon campaign and when i try to fight a 2x2 battle with sarmatian near byzantium the battle itself {once started} shudders to 1-2 fps
    but i have fought 3 times as large a batle as this without adverse effect in deeper forest
    i played an 8 army battle in custom battles in deep forest { thousands more troops} and that was fine...
    also if i retreat from the 2x2 battle and fight it on a different tile it will play fine....
    i will try to provide pictures soon
    ps...it could be my own fault as i have been modding edu files but i cant see how that would be causing it to happen on one tile
    Last edited by GRANTO; October 05, 2013 at 05:52 PM.