Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1530313233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Default Re: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    You only, very sadly, had to look just a little down the page.......

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...y-RS2-on-Steam

No joy, I'm afraid......I knew I hated the entire Steam concept; and this is proof positive.
    Thanks for the help
    i did make SOME progress.. now when i start it up (set to BI.EXE) it starts RomeTW.exe and as vanilla R1 :/
    so no mod yet, but at least it doesn't crash no more

Guys, why is it that the Roman Rebels have Generals with cool ancillaries for commanding Legions and I dont?
    For example, this one General I ran into had the "Legio IX Hispana" Ancillary and he was actually leading a full fledged Legion of the 9th.
    I tried the same thing and I didn't earn no such Ancillary? Please notify me asap on how to get these ancillaries as it would very much make my campaign more organized and better

Do you have people sitting in Roma.

The ancillaries are given out there, then you transfer it to your general of choice.

Thank you I'll try that and let u know what I see

Fellow citizens,

I´ve been picking up RS2 again, after the most humiliating bullcrap CA has been giving us most recently, yeah you know what im talking about...anyway, loving RS2 as always, ive been having trouble keeping my population up in Roma. For the rest of the cities I simply do not care, but since my last govenor of roma died, I had around 62k in there, and now he died it suddenly goes down -7% per turn. Ive build all growth measurements, aquaducts, farms, hospitals, theatre, villae. I'd really like to have an enormous amount of plebs there, so does any of you know how to accomplish this? Thanks!

neep's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Speirs View Post
    Fellow citizens,

I´ve been picking up RS2 again, after the most humiliating bullcrap CA has been giving us most recently, yeah you know what im talking about...anyway, loving RS2 as always, ive been having trouble keeping my population up in Roma. For the rest of the cities I simply do not care, but since my last govenor of roma died, I had around 62k in there, and now he died it suddenly goes down -7% per turn. Ive build all growth measurements, aquaducts, farms, hospitals, theatre, villae. I'd really like to have an enormous amount of plebs there, so does any of you know how to accomplish this? Thanks!
    The usual methods ? ..
    Low taxes
    A few garrison troops
    A spy or two (just in case some pesky barbarians are sniffing around)
    Move in a governor with good traits to help control and grow your city
    Have you also built all the grain/food import buildings ? I assume you already have

Quote Originally Posted by neep View Post
    The usual methods ? ..
    Low taxes
    A few garrison troops
    A spy or two (just in case some pesky barbarians are sniffing around)
    Move in a governor with good traits to help control and grow your city
    Have you also built all the grain/food import buildings ? I assume you already have
    Apart from the garrison I have indeed. It's not hurting anything important, but just for roleplaying purposes you know. I've heard someone say that they had around 120k in rome a while back, seems like im never going to reach that.

neep's Avatar Tiro

Apart from the garrison I have indeed. It's not hurting anything important, but just for roleplaying purposes you know. I've heard someone say that they had around 120k in rome a while back, seems like im never going to reach that.
    Maybe you just need to get lucky with a perfect combination of governor traits and then some good harvests (or what the precise mechanism is).
    I don't try to get a maxed out population so I don't know where it tops out, or what the bestest results actually are.

I've had it reach 120K once. It's sorta rare for it to happen.
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by century x View Post
    I've had it reach 120K once. It's sorta rare for it to happen.
    Alright. Well I could always remove every governor I have from cities except Rome and then enslave a captured settlement. But I have a feeling that it would become much worse of a population decline after it. Anyway thanks for the info lads, much appreciated.

To maximize population, if you've already built everything you can, it matters that you have a governor with appropriate traits/ancillaries. Of course, governors die, so that's not permanent unless you train a replacement and move ancillaries around. You want anything which will decrease squalor and increase health. Also, I think there are somewhat rarer ones that increase output of your farms. Try to stack as many of those ancillaries as you can.

One of the things I have long done is 'retire' my Governors (indeed Generals too) at 60 years of age (I'm a nice caring chap and sleeping rough is really not good for you after a certain age!).

The vast majority will manage to reach this age before dying (of 'natural' causes) and it's then that I transfer their, everso useful, retinue of Ancillaries (and therefore not lose them) to their replacement. This tends to result in a number of things:

- firstly that I don't lose them
    - secondly that when the Governor (if he stays in place anyway as he's still (not always, mind you) better than his replacement) actually dies, then the effect on the settlement isn't as great
    - thirdly that this most experienced chap then often generates additional and very useful ancillaries - including things like Surgeons

That said, this won't then result in the very highest population in a settlement (on the very best old governors), but it does help keep things more stable and stop losses.

I find a roving maximum cost reduction Builder to be a most useful chap - especially around Italy once things get expensive.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

how do you retire them tedric?you just place them anywhere on the map and let them die...
    even if they have 10management and10influence?

maybe it's nice to add some villa's and farms to the campaign map like the small towns that are there.
    so we can roleplay a little by sending them to their villa and say farwell to public life....
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

I play campaign for Arverni. Game crashes during turn, when Greek states do their things. They are not even my neighbours so I don't know whats going on. Any help? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    how do you retire them tedric?you just place them anywhere on the map and let them die...
    even if they have 10management and10influence?...............
    It depends what the situation is. I have 2 versions of 'retirement'; on reaching 60 I:

- either (as Governors), having ensured there is already a replacement in place, I transfer all the Ancillaries over (max of 8, or 7 if a Propraetorship is required) and then move the Governor out. If the income or happiness drops appreciably, then I move them back in and simply wait until they die (retirement in place)

- or, if they can be moved out completely, or they are old Generals who've had their Ancillaries transferred, then I tend to move them to a 'concentration site' (in Italy it's often near Capua where I tend to group my new character recruits) where they will often themselves recruit additional Ancillaries that can become new retinue for new Govenors before they die. (I also do this with the occasional 'bad hat' who might rebel if their Loyalty drops badly - not far from the Praetorian Guard who can then deal with them if they do.)

This approach has 2 major uses: firstly, that I almost never have a General/Governor die in place at an inconvenient moment and lose a good stable of Ancillaries; and secondly, that I tend to have a 'reserve' of old and useful chaps to suddenly help if someone does die early.

Quote Originally Posted by kory View Post
    I play campaign for Arverni. Game crashes during turn, when Greek states do their things. They are not even my neighbours so I don't know whats going on. Any help? Thanks.
    Please give us as much detail as possible and read through the Technical Help sub-forum to see if anything looks similar. It's not the Mod.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

I read somewhere on this forum that typing toggle_fow to console and follow AI characters may solve this. So I tried to figure out exact point of crash following all greek moves and luckily no crash happened this time. Therefore I consider it as fixed. Thanks anyway.

He guys, ive never had this before but my game CTD's after large battles against the seleucid empire Auto resolving solves this obviously, but its more risky that fighting manually. And it takes out all the fun.. Ideas?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

He guys, ive never had this before but my game CTD's after large battles against the seleucid empire Auto resolving solves this obviously, but its more risky that fighting manually. And it takes out all the fun.. Ideas?
    Well, your post is so vague it's hard to tell what the cause is. I assume there is no error msg since you don't mention it, so my guess is that it's either the reinforcement issue (city battles), or it may be that you have just played the game too long and RTW decides to choke on its own lost memory. This happens most often during battles. Over time, RTW's memory leak will cause CTD's, so it's best to quit every hour or so and then resume.

I am not aware of any particular issue with the Seleucids specifically, so it must be one of RTW's common issues.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Well, your post is so vague it's hard to tell what the cause is. I assume there is no error msg since you don't mention it, so my guess is that it's either the reinforcement issue (city battles), or it may be that you have just played the game too long and RTW decides to choke on its own lost memory. This happens most often during battles. Over time, RTW's memory leak will cause CTD's, so it's best to quit every hour or so and then resume.

I am not aware of any particular issue with the Seleucids specifically, so it must be one of RTW's common issues.
    Apologies for being so vaque. I forgot to mention that since i've been playing 2.0 i've never ever had a CTD. Seriously. Not even the common ones according to the forum. Now in my roman campaign it only seems to happen when im fighting the seleucid empire. Anyway thanks for the tip, ill be closing the game once in a while from now on.

Don't know if this is already known, but I was playing the free greeks 1-turn campaign and was attacked by the romans. The pre marian romans seem mixed up, the red shielded say allied cohort, allied triarii, etc. And the white shielded say polybian roman cohort, roman triarii etc. All exactly wrong. Don't know how to discribe it better.

Not a major issue but perhaps worth knowing.