Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Default Re: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    Not sure if this has been fixed yet, but the legion list and description reads the 14th legion as XIIII and not as XIV
    There wasn't a standard for that numeral so it was either IIII or IV.

I don't think the story of Byzantion belongs on the Cretan Epilektoi Hoplite (Rome One Turn campaign, if it helps)

In the Massalia campaign, the player is unable to recruit Thureophoroi, even though they are supposed to be available. The "greek_cities" label is missing from the Thureophoroi ownership entry in the EDU. Adding it fixes the problem.

Also, shouldn't the Celtohellenic Hoplite be available for recruitment everywhere in the Galic area (area13), instead of only in Massalia? I don't see the reason for excluding them, especially when you have the greek massalian hoplites (by deafult everywhere) and the celtic massalian spearmen (in area13) available.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

Hello, I have a Question concerning Roma Surrectum 2.6:

In my roman campaign, I have triggered the Augustean Reforms by building the Circus Maximus in Rome. So far, everything is correct: I am able to build all the (Segmentata) Legions. Now I have built the praetorian training bround in Rome, expecting to be able to build the early praetorian cohorts. But now there is no option to build the praetorians in rome. What have I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Astarac View Post
    Hello, I have a Question concerning Roma Surrectum 2.6:

In my roman campaign, I have triggered the Augustean Reforms by building the Circus Maximus in Rome. So far, everything is correct: I am able to build all the (Segmentata) Legions. Now I have built the praetorian training bround in Rome, expecting to be able to build the early praetorian cohorts. But now there is no option to build the praetorians in rome. What have I missed?
    You've missed that the 'early praetorians' are pre-Augustan reforms - so they are no longer available. You need to go as far as the Castra Praetoria for the Late Praetorians (with the supposedly everso wonderful segmentata).

You know, I really do wish the Polybian, Generic, Early and Late legions all had identical stats - it would be so much more accurate. Couldn't convince the Team though - but I haven't given up!
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    You know, I really do wish the Polybian, Generic, Early and Late legions all had identical stats - it would be so much more accurate. Couldn't convince the Team though - but I haven't given up!
    The only thing that slightly amuses me about it is that the script spawns (For AI Rome) the garrison script units properly, however if player is Rome, the script (city) rebellions appear with legions and the script (legion) rebellions also appear with legions.

Even though the AI will afterwards only be stuck with the usual pre-Marian units afterwards, if the player is. Because the whole world apparently hinges on this one thing. This is for recruitment, but also if a city rebels normally (ie: not scripted) it will spawn the polybian troops.

Actually, I suppose I could edit the EDB so the Roman rebel AI can train legionaries. But why not just let it train all units (pre- and post-Marian) Just need to edit it after the rebellion begins. Though in actuality, the rebels in my game now have no settlements anyway.
    Last edited by Alavaria; October 27, 2014 at 06:47 PM.

Cleomenes III's Avatar Civis

I've hit the 2nd Roman rebellion and it's amazing. Only problem is whenever I end a turn all my cities turn into Auto-Manage. How do I stop this?

Ego sum Attila flagellum Dei

neep's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Cleomenes III View Post
    I've hit the 2nd Roman rebellion and it's amazing. Only problem is whenever I end a turn all my cities turn into Auto-Manage. How do I stop this?
    Not sure if there's a way to prevent it, or if it's an artifact of the rebellion mechanism itself.
    I just went through and manually changed them all back (I also wanted to double check that all my cities were sufficiently happy so it wasn't a large overhead).
    After a turn or two, this stopped happening.

Quote Originally Posted by neep View Post
    Not sure if there's a way to prevent it, or if it's an artifact of the rebellion mechanism itself.
    I just went through and manually changed them all back (I also wanted to double check that all my cities were sufficiently happy so it wasn't a large overhead).
    After a turn or two, this stopped happening.
    It is. The ingame rebellion system only lets generals rebel, as well as cities which are unhappy. A happy, governor-less city will not rebel.

The script rebellion works by making "you" control the Roman rebels, then "you" take over the settlements (for the Roman rebels) and then you take control of Rome again.

During this process, Rome is an AI faction for a bit, therefore it has all the cities in auto-manage (like all AI faction cities)

Once the rebellion is over, the only rebelling is from in-game mechanics. Unlike the script-forced rebellions, this keeps player in control of Rome throughout.
    Last edited by Alavaria; October 31, 2014 at 03:15 PM.

neep's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    It is. The ingame rebellion system only lets generals rebel, as well as cities which are unhappy. A happy, governor-less city will not rebel.

The script rebellion works by making "you" control the Roman rebels, then "you" take over the settlements (for the Roman rebels) and then you take control of Rome again.

During this process, Rome is an AI faction for a bit, therefore it has all the cities in auto-manage (like all AI faction cities)

Once the rebellion is over, the only rebelling is from in-game mechanics. Unlike the script-forced rebellions, this keeps player in control of Rome throughout.
    Thank You Sir.
    Yup, that makes sense in terms of the mechanics of how the rebellion is created.
    I noticed a couple of my cities were on the edge of unhappiness and I moved the 'Rebel Governor' out of them..and they stayed loyal.
    Also, once the initial chaos of the rebellion settled down I had a few of those governors who managed to avoid being killed by huge stacks of rebel troops, just by blind luck.
    Once they moved back into a city they became "Field General Becomes Loyal" (or something similar).

Now.. I just need to decide when my current FL (Dictator For Life) is going to visit Elysium

Yes, there's a few specific turns where the scripts will make non-Governed settlements become Roman Rebel. After that, you're fine.

It is possible to have ALL your settlements rebel at once if none of them is governed at all. But I think the script will break and you will be left playing as Roman Rebels.

No it will never make all settlements rebel as it only ever allows around 50% of provinces (and the settlements in them) to do so.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

What, so much for my plan to have everything except the area around Pella rebel.

Hi, I am getting an automatic crash whenever I try to load the autosave of my Roman Campaign, it is the year 619 AUC and the second civil war has started, What do I do to stop this crash?
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

kyrkac's Avatar Libertus

autosave?
    autosave is then your problem

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    The ingame rebellion system only lets generals rebel, as well as cities which are unhappy.
    what is the unhappyness threshold for the city enter the rebellion by script?

Quote Originally Posted by jrhindo View Post
    Seems that up to six provinces will script rebel (in a certain order of priority, but also with random chances involved). Think that Italy will always face rebellion and doesn't count for the six provinces.

Code:
    monitor_event SettlementTurnEnd SettlementName Cannae
    	and I_CompareCounter province_1_capture > 0
    	and not GovernorInResidence
    	and SettlementIsLocal
    		console_command control thrace
    		console_command capture_settlement Cannae
    		console_command create_unit Cannae "cohors i batavorum" 6 1 2 2
    		if RandomPercent < 75
    			console_command create_unit Cannae "roman antesignani" 2 1 2 2
    		end_if
    		if RandomPercent < 75
    			console_command create_unit Cannae "roman cretan archer" 2 1 2 2
    		end_if
    		if RandomPercent < 75
    			console_command create_unit Cannae "ala i venetia" 2 1 2 2
    		end_if
    		console_command control romans_brutii
    end_monitor
    For example, Cannae will script rebel if you have enough Italian settlements, but critically, if there is no governor.

For whatever provinces are chosen, it seems governors in the related settlements will also be "given" traits that will lower their loyalty (leading to a rebellion that is caused by the game naturally)
    Last edited by Alavaria; November 03, 2014 at 08:55 AM.

Yeah basically the script selects which provinces will rebel then for each settlement in that province if there is no governor the city will automatically rebel and if there is a governor the governor will gain rebellion traits which affect the settlement's happiness and drop his loyalty

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

neep's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by jrhindo View Post
    There doesn't seem to be a particular threshold.
    As others have pointed out, the settlement's Governor gets the "Governor Rebels" trait which basically sets all his useful traits to zero and the settlement itself goes to zero happiness regardless of how happy they were before.
    Then, the normal unhappy settlement = rebellion + loose control mechanism kicks in and you've lost the settlement.
    There's nothing you can do to keep that settlement happy enough to stop the rebellion.
    (If you try to identify and then remove the Rebel Governor it's too late, the settlement will still rebel even if the Governor moves away.)

So, OK - technically the threshold is <75% happiness but there's nothing you can do to actually stay above that value.

Edit - Just saw this over the weekend.
    Actually, it is possible - although unlikely - that you can keep the unhappy city.
    I'm not sure of the details but I did have a city with a Rebel Governor that was at zero happiness...but it never flipped over to the Rebels.
    I had removed the auto-manage setting and reduced the taxes to zero, and had happiness buildings in the build queue so perhaps that helped to keep it just above the threshold for flipping over.
    After the two turns of initial chaos, I moved the Governor (still noted as "Governor Rebels") out of the city, and it immediately went to 100% happiness. Now it's still mine and it's happy again. The Rebel Governor has now become "Field General Becomes Loyal".
    I can't claim any special skill for this, it was just luck that it didn't flip to the rebels.

Side Note - the random factor for which cities rebel can be helpful/hurtful depending on your luck.
    For my campaign I saved my game just when I hit 86 settlements and then let it run 4 times to see what happens.

I saw that I maintained 41, 52, 58, and 41 settlements so sometimes you can be quite lucky and not lose too many.
    Additionally I saw that how the Rebel settlements group can also be different.
    - All of Hispania, half of Hispania, none of Hispania can be lost.
    - Most of Gaul, none of Gaul can be lost.
    - Some, none, or all of Macedon can be lost.
    - Sicily can be all or none
    - North Africa, Italy, and North of the Alps always seem to Rebel.
    How they group can make it easier or harder to recover depending on how fragmented your empire becomes. All good fun !
    Last edited by neep; November 10, 2014 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Updated Information

The script basically checks through "provinces" in order. Italy always rebels, and then you select (max of 6) by checking province 2, province 3, etc... down to 18. Then, if you do not have 6, it goes from 18 to 2, but with a much higher chance.
    Code:
    while I_CompareCounter sum_provinces < 6

if I_CompareCounter p_2_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_2_revolts = 0
    	and RandomPercent < 50
    	inc_counter sum_provinces 1
    	set_counter province_2_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_3_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_3_revolts = 0
    	and RandomPercent < 50
    	set_counter province_3_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_4_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_4_revolts = 0
    	and RandomPercent < 50
    	set_counter province_4_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_5_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_5_revolts = 0
    	and RandomPercent < 50
    	set_counter province_5_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_6_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_6_revolts = 0
    	and RandomPercent < 50
    	set_counter province_6_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_7_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_7_revolts = 0
    	and RandomPercent < 50
    	set_counter province_7_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_8_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_8_revolts = 0
    	and RandomPercent < 50
    	set_counter province_8_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_9_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_9_revolts = 0
    	and RandomPercent < 50
    	set_counter province_9_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_10_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_10_revolts = 0
    	and RandomPercent < 50
    	set_counter province_10_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_11_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_11_revolts = 0
    	and RandomPercent < 50
    	set_counter province_11_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_12_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_12_revolts = 0
    	and RandomPercent < 50
    	set_counter province_12_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_13_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_13_revolts = 0
    	and RandomPercent < 50
    	set_counter province_13_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_14_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_14_revolts = 0
    	and RandomPercent < 50
    	set_counter province_14_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_15_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_15_revolts = 0
    	and RandomPercent < 50
    	set_counter province_15_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_16_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_16_revolts = 0
    	and RandomPercent < 50
    	set_counter province_16_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_17_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_17_revolts = 0
    	and RandomPercent < 50
    	set_counter province_17_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_18_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_18_revolts = 0
    	and RandomPercent < 50
    	set_counter province_18_revolts 1
    end_if

;;;;catch all

if I_CompareCounter p_18_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_18_revolts = 0
    	and I_CompareCounter sum_provinces < 6
    ;	and RandomPercent < 90
    	set_counter province_18_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_17_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_17_revolts = 0
    ;	and RandomPercent < 90
    	set_counter province_17_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_16_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_16_revolts = 0
    ;	and RandomPercent < 90
    	set_counter province_16_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_15_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_15_revolts = 0
    ;	and RandomPercent < 90
    	set_counter province_15_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_14_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_14_revolts = 0
    ;	and RandomPercent < 90
    	set_counter province_14_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_13_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_13_revolts = 0
    ;	and RandomPercent < 90
    	set_counter province_13_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_12_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_12_revolts = 0
    ;	and RandomPercent < 90
    	set_counter province_12_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_11_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_11_revolts = 0
    ;	and RandomPercent < 90
    	set_counter province_11_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_10_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_10_revolts = 0
    ;	and RandomPercent < 90
    	set_counter province_10_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_9_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_9_revolts = 0
    ;	and RandomPercent < 90
    	set_counter province_9_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_8_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_8_revolts = 0
    ;	and RandomPercent < 90
    	set_counter province_8_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_7_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_7_revolts = 0
    ;	and RandomPercent < 90
    	set_counter province_7_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_6_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_6_revolts = 0
    ;	and RandomPercent < 90
    	set_counter province_6_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_5_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_5_revolts = 0
    ;	and RandomPercent < 90
    	set_counter province_5_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_4_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_4_revolts = 0
    ;	and RandomPercent < 95
    	set_counter province_4_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_3_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_3_revolts = 0
    ;	and RandomPercent < 100
    	set_counter province_3_revolts 1
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter p_2_enough_settlements = 1
    	and I_CompareCounter province_2_revolts = 0
    ;	and RandomPercent < 100
    	set_counter province_2_revolts 1
    end_if

end_while

end_monitor
    My aim is probably to rush all my important characters (and armies) into Macedon, hold them off the coast in Decere fleets and let everything else go to Hades if need be.

As far as I can tell:
    Troops by themselves will not rebel. Troops in a city with no governor will be kicked out of the city (script rebellion). However, troops with a governor will rebel if the governor/settlement does.

Faction leader never rebels, so any settlement governed by him is safe. Any generals in forts and in fleets cannot rebel.

Another feature is that governors that rebel get a trait that immobilizes them (and any garrison units), I think... While this means you will have to fight them in an assault, it does mean the units cannot run about and cause any more trouble as they are also unable to move... will have to check if this is true.
    Last edited by Alavaria; November 04, 2014 at 06:17 PM.