Page 1 of 48 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Default RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Please post any problems or issues you have with RS2.6 in here.
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

Default Re: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

I'm not sure if it's on my end or not. However: I did try this on two separate PC's as of now and it's still not working -

After downloading, I try to extract the file (99.6 mb's roughly) when both winrar and winzip have given me an unexpected error and either let me abort the operation or finish it without pretty much any files extracted.
    Like I said, I have tried downloading the file on two separate PC's and have downloaded it multiple times already on both and tried after restarts etc... So i'm not entirely sure what to do at this point. Figured i'd pass along the info.

Thanks in advance though, and appreciate the hard work you guys do for the community!

Strange.

I used 7-zip to compress it, it's a free utility that does a pretty good job at compression.
    Could you try to download it and see if it fix the problem please ?

If it's a recurrent issue, I will try to compress the files with something else.
    Patron of ybbon66.

I have the same problem now. I'll redownload and see if it happens again. If yes, then I try 7zip.

Edit: It happens still. But it worked with 7zip. Problem solved. Now I can play!
    Last edited by Darth Bane1; August 24, 2013 at 12:54 PM.

Ok, I'll upload a new one.
    Patron of ybbon66.

If you've uploaded it already: then it's working fine because I just (literally 10 seconds ago) downloaded it and everything's working as normal. Thanks a million bro!

Hi ,

It doesn't work for me. I just redowloaded it and using winrar it still doesn't work. I got an error when trying to extract and barely nothing is extracted from the Data folder.

The new file should be up in abou 10 minutes.
    Patron of ybbon66.

Laetus

I had the same problem using winrar. I downloaded 7-zip (portable) and extracted the file without any problem.

Cheers RS-team!

I've uploaded a new file which should work with any unzipper.
    It's the first link in the post.
    Patron of ybbon66.

StarDreamer's Avatar Domesticus

Is the pontus 0 turn campaign starting a belgae campaign or is that just for me?
    And yes winrar can't use the original file, but 7zip could.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...2.38&soc=-3.44 <-- "Dangerous far right bigot!" -SJWs

The new link works, thanks a lot :p

Is it just me but i have just done a fresh install of RS2.5 and then installed the 2.6 straight in. When i go into the game and hit options it says its V1.5 EHHHHH how can that be possible lol

The game loads fine but i have no way of knowing if its the correct version . . . im very confused

That's RTW version, not RS.
    RS one can be found in the launcher.

StarDreamer : I'm going to have a look, thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by Paedric; August 24, 2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: sp
    Patron of ybbon66.

Thats fine, this is the first time ive played the game so im acquainting myself for the first time.

Im launching through steam so i dont use the launcher at all. My launcher is saying 2.6 so i assume that the game is 2.6 lol

Is there anyway shape or form that i can view the version from INSIDE the game. . . ?

No, but why would you want to do that?

Just start the launcher, have a quick look at the version number, and you're good to go.
    Patron of ybbon66.

I have an insane amount of CTDs on SR 2.6 . i rarely had those on 2.5

When do they happen?
    Patron of ybbon66.

I posted this in the rs2.6 download forum before I knew this post was here, sorry for that but here's my problem
    ok I installed everything fresh and rs 2.5 worked. I did just as instructions said and copied everything in 2.6 patch and pasted in my game folder and still when I the Play rs 2 button it starts to launch then says failed to find steam. anyone else getting this? it will still launch from the rome.exe but I can't do the campaigns this way just as before. for some reason my launcher isn't seeing steam

Page 1 of 48 123456789101126 ... LastLast