Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Default Re: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Quote Originally Posted by klasyk View Post
    Hello! I play rome surrektum 2.6 per Rome Total War 1.5 and has already built and Circus Maximus and the camp Castra Pretoria and the imperial palace in Akragas Patavie Mediolane taurine and Roman fortress and Curia Hostilia, and later Praetorians, the Praetorian cavalry in Rome no.Legion Segmentata also no.Help!
    If I understood that right (don't worry - it's just that English is not your first language)...

- You have built the Imperial Palace in Akragas and received the Marian (now mistitled)/Imperial Reforms?

- You have built the Circus Maximus in Roma and received the 2nd/Imperial/Augustan Reforms (and the building is added in every settlement)?

- You have also built the Roman Fortress -> Praetorian Guard Training Grounds -> Castra Praetoria in Roma? (All the Late Praetorians, Praetorian Cavalry and changed Auxilia should be available in Roma?)

- Have you built Roman Fortresses elsewhere? After the 2nd Reforms these should be producing all legions (including Segmentata - which really shouldn't be that wonderful!) and the Late Auxilia.

- Did you 'process CQ' to get that far and are you running the script every time?

Let's try and work out the problem.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    If I understood that right (don't worry - it's just that English is not your first language)...

- You have built the Imperial Palace in Akragas and received the Marian (now mistitled)/Imperial Reforms?

- You have built the Circus Maximus in Roma and received the 2nd/Imperial/Augustan Reforms (and the building is added in every settlement)?

- You have also built the Roman Fortress -> Praetorian Guard Training Grounds -> Castra Praetoria in Roma? (All the Late Praetorians, Praetorian Cavalry and changed Auxilia should be available in Roma?)

- Have you built Roman Fortresses elsewhere? After the 2nd Reforms these should be producing all legions (including Segmentata - which really shouldn't be that wonderful!) and the Late Auxilia.

- Did you 'process CQ' to get that far and are you running the script every time?

Let's try and work out the problem.
    Thankyou for having responded! I do not speak English, I use Google translator.I am Ukrainian.
    - So, I built the Imperial Palace,in Akrahas.Got Mariana reform.With that allis well.

-Built the Circus Maximus in Roma.
    -
    Аlsobuilt the Roman Fortress -> Praetorian Guard Training Grounds -> CastraPraetoria in Roma.
    All Late Praetorian, Praetorian cavalry and changed Auxilia should be availablein Roma. But they are not.
    I built a Roman Fortress => Curia Hostiliya in other cities.

Legions of Hamatа available. Segmentata and cavalry ala-no.
    That's the problem.
    I do not know what else to build and where to Segmentata and ala become available.
    Please help me to solve this problem.

("... Did you 'process CQ' to get that far and are you running the script every time?...") This phrase I did not understand.

Please help me to solve this problem.

("... Did you 'process CQ' to get that far and are you running the script every time?...") This phrase I did not understand.
    From what you have said so far I must assume this may be the problem. Like many Mods, RSII requires that a 'background script' is run EVERY time you play the game. Are you doing that? I'm sorry to belabour the point, but it needs to be confirmed.

Going back a couple of steps...

When the Imperial Palace in Akragas was built and you got the 'Marian' Reforms did the Polybian Cohorts dissappear from Area 6 recruitment (Southern Italy and the islands) where you had Oppidum Lvl3 and Campus Martius elsewhere; to be replaced by the 'Generic' legions and first cohorts? Then, when you built the Roman Fortresses did the 'Early Imperial' legions appear?

If so, then it's just the last step. Look at your settlements' buildings (as long as they have less than 24) - is there a 'Roman Legionary wearing segmentata on top of a scroll' symbol?
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Audacia's Avatar Give Life Back to Music
    Content Emeritus

Quick question: I've done a few searches but cannot find anything on this, but why am I given the option to build Government Determination in the Pontic capital at the beginning of the Pontus campaign? Shouldn't that city already have Government Determination in place? Also, why am I given the option to then build a Parthian satrapy after I build Government Determination? Is that on purpose or some sort of mistake?

Under the patronage of Inkie Pie: Text Editor for The Great War
    Roma Surrectum II

I dont have that much knowledge of Pontus but i think it was a "young" faction at the time.Maybe the government was still in development.
    The Parthian Satrapy might be explained in in its description.
    I know that the Seleucids and Parthians had Satraps so it might have something to do with that.

yo guys, I got a little problem with RS2.6 : It doesn't save my graphics settings.The game resets them every time when I start the game. Any solutions ? The changes that I apply when using the launcher are saved on the other hand.

I think there is a problem with the launcher path.It needs to point to the launcher folder.

I also noticed that some launcher options are not the same as the ones in-game.
    For example none of the vegetation settings let you set detail to medium ingame, its either low or high.
    The launcher also has some very high settings which arent even possible ingame.

If you want them not to reset then all you have to do is change them from the game and they will stay like that if you dont change stuff from the launcher.

If you want them not to reset then all you have to do is change them from the game and they will stay like that if you dont change stuff from the launcher.
    Seems right , they don't reset when I don't touch the options in the launcher.Thanks mate !

From what you have said so far I must assume this may be the problem. Like many Mods, RSII requires that a 'background script' is run EVERY time you play the game. Are you doing that? I'm sorry to belabour the point, but it needs to be confirmed.

Going back a couple of steps...

When the Imperial Palace in Akragas was built and you got the 'Marian' Reforms did the Polybian Cohorts dissappear from Area 6 recruitment (Southern Italy and the islands) where you had Oppidum Lvl3 and Campus Martius elsewhere; to be replaced by the 'Generic' legions and first cohorts? Then, when you built the Roman Fortresses did the 'Early Imperial' legions appear?

If so, then it's just the last step. Look at your settlements' buildings (as long as they have less than 24) - is there a 'Roman Legionary wearing segmentata on top of a scroll' symbol?
    If I understand correctly,I have to run 'background script' every time you play the game? What is it? How to run it?
    So. When I built the Imperial Palace Akragas - Polybian cohort had disappeared and there was a Roman legions and the first cohort.
    When I build Roman Fortresses appear 'Early Imperial'. It's all good.
    What is the last step? Which symbol? Where should it be? Can show on photo?

If I understand correctly,I have to run 'background script' every time you play the game? What is it? How to run it?
    So. When I built the Imperial Palace Akragas - Polybian cohort had disappeared and there was a Roman legions and the first cohort.
    When I build Roman Fortresses appear 'Early Imperial'. It's all good.
    What is the last step? Which symbol? Where should it be? Can show on photo?
    On the last bit - sadly I cannot easily (RSII is not on this machine), but may be able to add later.....

But from what you just wrote above I must assume that you don't know about 'running the script', which looks like you haven't read/learned about RSII before trying to play. It really is worth looking through all the background information, although I understand that this may not be as easy if you have to translate it all. So:

Like many Mods (I believe, although RSII is the only one I have played), many of their features require that you run a 'background script' (in RSII they do many things, including the events, but also ensuring that things like duplicate names do not occur - which will otherwise lead to terminal CTD-states - so, pretty much, without running the script then games will eventually always crash).

On first opening the game (EVERY SINGLE TIME), either a new campaign or loading a saved game (and always, always start from the Launcher - never pause and re-load without exiting completely) and you are presented with the campaign map for the first time, you must:

- left-click on a Settlement
    - left-click on the graphic face of the Advisor so that 'she' goes away
    - note that 1d is added to your treasury balance (checkable by re-reviewing the Finance screen)

If the latter hasn't happened, then the script isn't running. Do not do anything else until this has been achieved.

If you have, unwisely, saved at a battle, then you must remember to do the above as soon as the battle has finished and before anything else. It is always best to end from the campaign screen and I personally recommend doing it just before the End Turn.

I hope that helps. Unfortunately, if you have not been doing the above, your campaign is likely terminally affected and it would be best to start again. You will already have missed so much.

On the last bit - sadly I cannot easily (RSII is not on this machine), but may be able to add later.....

But from what you just wrote above I must assume that you don't know about 'running the script', which looks like you haven't read/learned about RSII before trying to play. It really is worth looking through all the background information, although I understand that this may not be as easy if you have to translate it all. So:

Like many Mods (I believe, although RSII is the only one I have played), many of their features require that you run a 'background script' (in RSII they do many things, including the events, but also ensuring that things like duplicate names do not occur - which will otherwise lead to terminal CTD-states - so, pretty much, without running the script then games will eventually always crash).

On first opening the game (EVERY SINGLE TIME), either a new campaign or loading a saved game (and always, always start from the Launcher - never pause and re-load without exiting completely) and you are presented with the campaign map for the first time, you must:

- note that 1d is added to your treasury balance (checkable by re-reviewing the Finance screen)

If the latter hasn't happened, then the script isn't running. Do not do anything else until this has been achieved.

If you have, unwisely, saved at a battle, then you must remember to do the above as soon as the battle has finished and before anything else. It is always best to end from the campaign screen and I personally recommend doing it just before the End Turn.

I hope that helps. Unfortunately, if you have not been doing the above, your campaign is likely terminally affected and it would be best to start again. You will already have missed so much.
    For what I didn't run the script I don't have all the legions even when all the buildings are built?

Just ran the script,as you said,has made 1 move... Miracles!!! All appeared!!! There are available all the legions,cavalry,everything!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

Just ran the script,as you said,has made 1 move... Miracles!!! All appeared!!! There are available all the legions,cavalry,everything!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!
    You are welcome - but remember; you really should start again from scratch, for it is likely that you are now heading for a terminal CTD.... You need to run the script every time - from the beginning.

Audacia's Avatar Give Life Back to Music
    Content Emeritus

I see some missing unit cards on the custom battles screen, specifically Median Mounted Skirmishers and some Ptolemaic units. Is this normal?

Under the patronage of Inkie Pie: Text Editor for The Great War
    Roma Surrectum II

It is.Engine limits i think.

You are welcome - but remember; you really should start again from scratch, for it is likely that you are now heading for a terminal CTD.... You need to run the script every time - from the beginning.
    I understood.Thanks again.

I have a problem again . I had to reinstall RS for some reasons . But now when I try to edit the preferences in the launcher , it says that the preferences.txt file was not found.
    Can somebody help ? Should I simply create a preferences.txt in the launcher folder ?

That file isnt located in the launcher folder.

Is it normal that 90% of the important stuff folder (Includes 1 turn Syracuse) are empty?

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas II View Post
    I have a problem again . I had to reinstall RS for some reasons . But now when I try to edit the preferences in the launcher , it says that the preferences.txt file was not found.
    Can somebody help ? Should I simply create a preferences.txt in the launcher folder ?
    i have the same problem,and seems nobody else knows why it's unable to open. but you can manually open the prefereces in the faction's folders.

also can anybody tell me where i can change the amount of money i can make each turn.in my roman campaign year680 i make 260000 per turn but only get like180000.
    i wan't it all.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius