Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Default Re: RS 2.6 Issues and Problems:

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    Simply I don't use Steam for RTW and thus have never experienced problems with a Steam install.

One of the things to look at is what files were changed during the recent update - and see if any Mod-specific ones were affected?
    Your RTW.exe, RTW-BI.exe and such were changed.

You can replace them with a CD version of the exe files and all is back to normal. You can even have Steam run your RS2 though the CD exes, and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    Your RTW.exe, RTW-BI.exe and such were changed.

You can replace them with a CD version of the exe files and all is back to normal. You can even have Steam run your RS2 though the CD exes, and it works.
    and how do i do that .. becouse i cat find the hard copy anywhere

It appears that while the docks may say they have 2/3/4 trade fleets, the game actually allows settlements with these buildings only 1/2/3 trade fleets.

It seems to be the case that RTW only accepts trade fleet values from 1 to 3. Thus a settlement with a dock (supposedly two fleets) will only export to one settlement, however upgrading it to a Shipright (supposedly three fleets) will lead it to now export to two settlements.

I checked multiple settlements in my campaign, and all settlements have 1/2/3 sea exports, none have a number as suggested by the building info.

It appears that while the docks may say they have 2/3/4 trade fleets, the game actually allows settlements with these buildings only 1/2/3 trade fleets.

It seems to be the case that RTW only accepts trade fleet values from 1 to 3. Thus a settlement with a dock (supposedly two fleets) will only export to one settlement, however upgrading it to a Shipright (supposedly three fleets) will lead it to now export to two settlements.

I checked multiple settlements in my campaign, and all settlements have 1/2/3 sea exports, none have a number as suggested by the building info.
    Are you sure? For, after some testing some time ago when I puzzled over this; I realised that all Sea Trade has to be a two-way thing. A port will only be able to use it's upgraded value as long as there is another port for the trade to be with.

Unlike Land Trade, which can be one-way, sea trade seems to need somewhere for it to go. Then you also have to spot that sea trade (whilst land trade goes to a neighbour) also has to go to a non-neighbour. Thus, overall, you have to upgrade more than one port to get an effect. This is also why sea trade routes change from time to time.

It might be worth another check - I think the above is true, but I haven't seriously analyzed it, but only as a gentle sideline.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Cleomenes III's Avatar Civis

I don't have campaign music for Parthians.

Ego sum Attila flagellum Dei

czePowerslave's Avatar Primicerius

Alright, I believe im using 2.6 although ive no idea how to tell but :
    WHenever I try taking Taurasia and lay siege to the city, free people army comes along, I start the battle and game crashes. And it also happens even if I lift siege to the city and the enemy army attacks me.

Roman Rebel
    Installation FAQ + troubleshooting
    We shall stand side by side even unto death. SPQR for life.
    Mgr. Šohaj Pavel

Are you sure? For, after some testing some time ago when I puzzled over this; I realised that all Sea Trade has to be a two-way thing. A port will only be able to use it's upgraded value as long as there is another port for the trade to be with.

Unlike Land Trade, which can be one-way, sea trade seems to need somewhere for it to go. Then you also have to spot that sea trade (whilst land trade goes to a neighbour) also has to go to a non-neighbour. Thus, overall, you have to upgrade more than one port to get an effect. This is also why sea trade routes change from time to time.

It might be worth another check - I think the above is true, but I haven't seriously analyzed it, but only as a gentle sideline.
    Do you really think that somehow 30+ sea trading settlements are all simulatenously wasting a trade fleet? I checked.

A settlement with only 1 trade fleet can have multiple "sea imports". The only limit is you have to lack something (otherwise there is nothing to trade). Trade fleets limit how many Trade Exports you can have, the game doesn't check anything on the side of the retriever, if you are being exported to, a settlement gets 1/5 of that as "sea import".

RTW doesn't run some weird network optimization, each settlement takes the best trading partners it can export to, with distance of course being a penalty.
    Last edited by Alavaria; August 30, 2014 at 03:41 PM.

Just had (twice) defense of Sagunton province. While the added layers of walls are awesome, entire enemy force (2 stacks) got stuck on weird places, tried move through the wall and eventually troops did combat through the wooden palisade, which is funny. Pathing on the entire map is off, troops stack on absolutely weird spots and above all, after winning everytime, game crashes.

add to that crash after winning against army of Greeks outside Syracause.

Roman Rebel
    Mgr. Šohaj Pavel

Usual 0-turn Sparta campaign.

What trade good is "TBD"?

Tiro

Goods that are yet 'To Be Determined'?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Usual 0-turn Sparta campaign.

What trade good is "TBD"?

Made a note to fix that. The elephant and camel resources were both used to place 'wonder' icons on the strat map...the one you refer to was used for the temple of Zeus in Olympia, and shows a description that was never finished.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Any reason why the Pyramid&Sphinx wonder is still working, all the others don't...

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Does anyone know of a way to increase performance on the campaign map? I experience pretty heavy lag around land masses, excluding Egypt and Syria area. Any area with a large amount of trees seems to be causing a lot of lag.

Any ideas?

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Taelok View Post
    Does anyone know of a way to increase performance on the campaign map? I experience pretty heavy lag around land masses, excluding Egypt and Syria area. Any area with a large amount of trees seems to be causing a lot of lag.

Any ideas?
    You can turn shadows off - which makes quite a difference.

The other thing I do is to lower the graphics colour palette back down to 16-bit. With the fairly simple palette that this older game uses, I very much doubt that anyone will notice much difference - and it does reduce the processing need quite a lot.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Domesticus

Not exactly an issue and i am aware that Dvk has shared is opinion on this before, but i reckon the temple traits are near impossible to obtain.

Yes i know that you dislike the fact that with them you could create super generals - well it was mainly the Athena smth pantheon that did that - but when you sit a F.M/general on a city with a pantheon and during his lifetime he doesn't acquire anything related, i mean, that seems bit silly to me.

Some of bonus weren't really that over the top, from what i recall. It was the Athena one that give 2 or 3 command, 2 management and 1 influence (or smth alike). Hephaeustus gave 10 trading and Artemis / Apollo i don't remember.

Taelok's Avatar Senator

You can turn shadows off - which makes quite a difference.

The other thing I do is to lower the graphics colour palette back down to 16-bit. With the fairly simple palette that this older game uses, I very much doubt that anyone will notice much difference - and it does reduce the processing need quite a lot.
    Thanks for the help!

However, sadly having done both, I'm still getting quite a bit of lag. It's non-existent when looking at the sea or deserts, but any mainland area with trees causes the lag. Naturally, the laptop I'm running is a little lacking in processor power; however, I wonder if there's a way to swap around some campaign map textures / models (trees for instance), so as to reduce lag further?

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

I'm playing RS2.6 on BI, one-turn campaign with Macedon and I noticed that the construction cost bonus is still bugged (i.e. traits like good builder etc. that are supposed to reduce construction cost instead increase it). Is there a fix to this yet, or if not is there any chance of a hotfix being released? It's not game-breaking, but it is unfortunate that my best governors end up costing me extra construction costs. If a hotfix isn't an option I'd appreciate an explanation on how to fix this.

Thanks in advance for your help, and as always keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by xsithspawnx View Post
    I'm playing RS2.6 on BI, one-turn campaign with Macedon and I noticed that the construction cost bonus is still bugged (i.e. traits like good builder etc. that are supposed to reduce construction cost instead increase it). Is there a fix to this yet, or if not is there any chance of a hotfix being released? It's not game-breaking, but it is unfortunate that my best governors end up costing me extra construction costs. If a hotfix isn't an option I'd appreciate an explanation on how to fix this. .......
    Hmmm - now I'm sure that was all fixed, for I found that during testing and I was fairly sure it was all done and released in 2.6. TBF I was concentrating and testing with Romans, but I hope that it was copied over to the Macedon files (let alone the others). Perhaps dvk' knows?

I noticed the same issue. Basically it boils down to whether a "-" sign in the trait definition is meant to reduce the building costs or increase them. I was tinkering around with the text files, trying to resolve this issue but the problem is, there are also hidden traits that increase the construction costs proportionally to the size of your empire. I couldn't work out exactly how those function though, so I gave up on it.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

Is it correct that near Capua rebel stacks constantly spawn under general sextus with same composition? I have 6+ on the map atm.

Roman Rebel
    Mgr. Šohaj Pavel