Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum 2.6 patch

Default Re: Roma Surrectum 2.6 patch

Quote Originally Posted by mav61 View Post
    .........now my only problem is CTDs in the battles and despite putting everything on low settings it still does it..............
    Good news - CTDs post battle I am sure are anti-virus related. Try playing whilst not connected to the internet and with AV disabled.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

SirGejor's Avatar Biarchus

AVE!

Great Job guys!!
    OLD SOLDIERS NEVER DIE
    Veni, Vidi,Vinci - Gaius Julius Caesar...

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Hi RS Team,

thank you very much for this awesome mod!

Vuk's Avatar Miles

Hey guys, I downloaded it and followed the instructions to install it, now whenever I start a game it says it failed to find steam. I select which .exe I want to use, which faction I want to play as, etc., just like before. I used to be able to start up a new game, and now I cannot. Any ideas why?

Vuk's Avatar Miles

Ok, I found the problem. I put the Steam.dll file in my \Rome Total War Gold directory not in my \Rome Total War Gold\Roma Surrectum II directory! As soon as I moved it it started working! I misunderstood the instructions, my bad!

So many mods and games to try out, too little time.

Will post screenshots when I have time to try out the new patch.

*It's Vuk :O
    炸鸡

ZeEmperor's Avatar Semisalis

Going to wait until someone makes a bigger unit lethality submod.

MDT's Avatar Decanus

Is there a documantation for the "Other RSII Paramater" settings? What is the difference between the Formations (playing with alex.exe I guess I should switch to defautl alex at least?)?

Edit: Are changes save game compatible?
    Last edited by MDT; August 31, 2013 at 08:16 AM.

Awesome mod!! i have a question.. when does the 2nd rebellion happen in v2.6? settlement 50? isit a fixed settlement count or a random chance after a certain number of settlement held?

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by sapiens86 View Post
    Awesome mod!! i have a question.. when does the 2nd rebellion happen in v2.6? settlement 50? isit a fixed settlement count or a random chance after a certain number of settlement held?
    Isn't it about 85 settlements in?

1. Revamped the economy for all campaigns.
    Could someone elaborate on just what was done, please?

I found the economy worked pretty much perfectly in 2.5, especially as the 'civilised' nations.

What has changed?

And i see that there was no mention of fixing the bug that was causing the second rebellion to fire repeatadly every other turn (except it didnt, as no cities rebelled), which had the hugely undisirable effect of making your generals lose their traits and movement distance (and making public order in the cities go really low).

This bug was making the game unplayable for me after i took 100 cities, as every 2 turns i would have to move out half of my governors just to keep my income and public order up as, if i left them in the cities, they would never rebel (which i assume is the opposite of what was supposed to happen) and they would stay stuck with a big fat ZERO on all traits, bugging me.

Was this bug fixed?
    Last edited by kahnage; August 31, 2013 at 08:15 PM.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by kahnage View Post

I found the economy worked pretty much perfectly in 2.5, especially as the 'civilised' nations.

What has changed?

And i see that there was no mention of fixing the bug that was causing the second rebellion to fire repeatadly every other turn (except it didnt, as no cities rebelled), which had the hugely undisirable effect of making your generals lose their traits and movement distance (and making public order in the cities go really low).

This bug was making the game unplayable for me after i took 100 cities, as every 2 turns i would have to move out half of my governors just to keep my income and public order up as, if i left them in the cities, they would never rebel (which i assume is the opposite of what was supposed to happen) and they would stay stuck with a big fat ZERO on all traits, bugging me.

Was this bug fixed?
    I'm pretty sure it's been fixed, yes. Would be kinda stupid to release 2.6 without fixing the biggest issue with 2.5.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

What has changed?

Was this bug fixed?
    Try looking at the first post in this thread where you downloaded it. It would've been staring you in the face.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    Isn't it about 85 settlements in?
    can someone confirm if its indeed 85settlements? and how many to win the game?

What has changed?

Was this bug fixed?
    Yes, the rebellion bug was fixed, and it should happen around 85 settlements.

The economy was changed thanks to Ur Lord Tedric's painstaking analysis of income vs expenditure through a whole series of long campaigns. This allowed us to make the two elements matched through the whole length of the game, so income should remain a challenge rather than snowballing endlessly. The net result should be a greater challenge, which is why we're recommending that most people play on M/M unless they really want a greater challenge on H/H.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Thank you for mod. it is the only mod for rome total war i could get to work and not crash.

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    This is like mine - and it's our fault, not the patch/mod!

Get the full v2.5 Installer from the download site (the one from 10 Sep 12) - next post down in the stickies - if you haven't got it already (most will I'm sure).

Install this into a new clean RTW/BI/Alex - I'm sure we all have that too.

The patch by copying the lower level of the v2.6 Zip file (once extracted) do that all the folders copy/overwrite. Then you should be just fine.

Even after so many installs I found I was out of practice - it's us, the Mod works fine (apart from the little Pontus, etc, bug which is being checked).
    so everything needs to be re-installed is what you are saying? am i correct. thats a lot of work

i have had the same problems starting the mod now with a missing file error, usually in export_descr_buildings.txt. either way. I have clearly placed the 2.6 files in the correct directory, and so this is not a matter of misplaced files. I am going to try a re-install of the patch only after re download from another site.

ok so i tried the 2.6 files from mediafire and mega and no go. i suppose ill try uninstalling and reinstalling 2.5 now.
    Last edited by Pope Gregorius I; September 01, 2013 at 01:04 PM.
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Hey cats, really so impressed with the Roma Surrectum II modification. I was blown away when I saw the complexity, the art, the maps, Spartans, and all the other stuff, SO MUCH STUFF!! nomnomnom Very nice work guys, thank you very much.

I has a ask: could we have a city buildings box where you can rearrange the buildings? Please? There's something aesthetic about that view, and I'd love it if I could move things like Tax Reform, (and other scrolls as city improvements that are not actually buildings), to the end of the box, so to speak, so all the buildings are shown first and in an order I could choose, so's I can make it all pretty-like... And why yes, it may be obsessive compulsive, but... it look all funny-like as is to me, AND I could see what a city is designed to do at a glance, which can get a little "scrolly", esp. when I've taken so many cities (with all those cool new units).

Did I say: Well done, really impressed, wow, holy cow this is great, and thanks very much? Top-notch modding, cool cats, congratz and tribulations, triumph-worthy!

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

ok so got this up and running finally and I can tell i have the patch installed as the new 2d art is cool. starting anew campaign every update is rather annoying, albeit necessary. Anyway i have noticed a few minor things that havent changed from 2.5:

1. The same quote from Flavius Iosephus is still being used about the eagle standards. Where are the other quotes?

2. The music only plays at the start of a loaded game on the CM or at the beginning of each stage of battle. The music simply stops eventually and no track picks up, resulting in most of the game being soundtrack-less. While absolutely realistic, i doubt this is meant to be.
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."