Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum 2.6 patch

Senator

Default Re: Roma Surrectum 2.6 patch

Woohoo! Well done guys... when's 2.7 gonna be released?

Awesomeness!! Thank you for your work and your commitment to this mod!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paedric View Post
    z28man : did it previously work with 2.5?
    yes it didn I even reinstalled everything and 2.5 and it works, as soon as I patch to 2.6 it says failed to find steam >_< the launcher says 2.6 launcher 1.3.3, and i am installing directly into my rtw gold folder, it's how I've always had it. also I've found if I click rtw or BI icon it says failed to find steam but I can launch them from steam
    Last edited by z28man; August 24, 2013 at 06:08 PM.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

thank you guys,great job again
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Works like a charm, have you done any performance enhancements? My battles run so smooth now, thumbs up anyway.

I tried to use the "Fewer stacks, shorter battles" in the "EDU changes" in Important stuff and I got a CTD on startup with an "allied germanic cavalry" edb error. Have those files not been updated or have I made a mistake somewhere?
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by the man, the myth, the legend View Post
    I tried to use the "Fewer stacks, shorter battles" in the "EDU changes" in Important stuff and I got a CTD on startup with an "allied germanic cavalry" edb error. Have those files not been updated or have I made a mistake somewhere?
    I suspect that might be an older not overwriten file? That would explain the edb error.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Ah yes, I just checked there is no "important Stuff" folder in the new patch.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

So far so good; naval movement has been scaled back, I believe. I preferred it where it was. One year + to cross the 'Med? Nah.

All things being equal, terrific mod. Bravo Zulu, RS team!
    Last edited by Silius Saurus; August 25, 2013 at 02:01 AM.
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

Deleted. Never mind, I see what you did. Great patch!
    Last edited by Kenny Works; August 25, 2013 at 12:16 AM.

mav61's Avatar Civis

Gone from a good install to broke says 2.6 in the installer when i go to load says theres a building problem then crashes...

Faravid's Avatar Libertus

If one turn campaigns are now significantly harder, does that mean that if I played H/H in 2.5 I should now play M/M? I'm not the masochist type of player, I just want a fun game with a bit of challenge.

Smiling Hetairoi's Avatar Semisalis

I love you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Sertorio View Post
    I suspect that might be an older not overwriten file? That would explain the edb error.
    Those alternative EDUs should be deleted as they are no longer in use
    Last edited by tone; August 25, 2013 at 02:25 AM.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Quote Originally Posted by Faravid View Post
    If one turn campaigns are now significantly harder, does that mean that if I played H/H in 2.5 I should now play M/M? I'm not the masochist type of player, I just want a fun game with a bit of challenge.
    Yes that's what we've generally been using

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

I'd just like to say you're doing a magnificent job guys. RS II is without doubt the best mod ever made for a total war game, and a model to what a dedicated modding community can achieve if it had the right tools to work with. After a two-week stint with R2TW, I wonder how many people will go back to RS II. Never stop developing, and I'll never stop being your fanboy!

Thanks guys! This is great news! For the glory of Rome!

what is the hardest difficulty Cam:Hard Battler:VH again or VH VH?

john duca's Avatar Biarchus

I will give this mod another shot..hope this time i will be pelased. GJ!

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

Installing over functional 2.5 using Alex.exe

Apparently everything overwrote OK.

First attempt to run after patching loaded OK but had only options for battles, not campaigns.

A little twiddling with the Launcher settings & now I get a CTD during loading of game.

'Script Error in data/descr_settlement_plan.txt at line 4033 column 13.

No building in tech tree under type barracks2 level:muster_field 2'

Edit: I think this is the same problem reported by mav61 in his earlier post.

Very nice to see this work progessed anyways

Balla.
    Last edited by Ballacraine; August 25, 2013 at 09:53 AM.
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.