Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum 2.6 patch

Default Re: Roma Surrectum 2.6 patch

Is it just me but i have just done a fresh install of RS2.5 and then installed the 2.6 straight in. When i go into the game and hit options it says its V1.5 EHHHHH how can that be possible lol

The game loads fine but i have no way of knowing if its the correct version . . . im very confused

I love you guys sooo much... Go RS2 Team!!!

Domesticus

What? You made Greek City States into a 1 turn campaign as well :o ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Waycrush View Post
    Is it just me but i have just done a fresh install of RS2.5 and then installed the 2.6 straight in. When i go into the game and hit options it says its V1.5 EHHHHH how can that be possible lol

The game loads fine but i have no way of knowing if its the correct version . . . im very confused
    Do not worry - (and for me I'm wondering why you're fine and I'm not with a text file that hasn't changed in a year!) - When you're in the game and show 'Options' it's 1.5 for a properly patched RTW (and 1.6 for BI and 1.9 for Alex).

The only place to see RSII v2.6 is on the Launcher.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

I've added a non-mega link.
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

Update - whilst the file in question is only updated from the original in RTW's main data folder (BI's and Alex's are older and look original) as part of v2.6 - all of the 3 RTW .exe's when run from the Launcher are failing in the same way.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Everything works fine, thank you all who were involved in creating 2.6!!

Thanks, RS Team!

Foederatus

Holy Mother of God, thank you guys so much, been waiting a long time for this moment, I will download as soon as possible. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
    What? You made Greek City States into a 1 turn campaign as well :o ?!
    Yes. There was a fair bit of call for that.

Note that a number of the one turn campaigns are pretty tough even on M/M and getting an economy up and running can be challenging

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Finally!!! Great Job Guys!

ok I installed everything fresh and rs 2.5 worked. I did just as instructions said and copied everything in 2.6 patch and pasted in my game folder and still when I the Play rs 2 button it starts to launch then says failed to find steam. anyone else getting this? it will still launch from the rome.exe but I can't do the campaigns this way just as before. for some reason my launcher isn't seeing steam
    Last edited by z28man; August 24, 2013 at 03:16 PM.

Ye Olde Fahrt's Avatar Miles

Downloaded the patch, extracted the contents with 7zip, copied the patch into my current RS II 2.5 folder. Three hours of hard campaigning later I am happy to report everything works a-ok!
    My garden may be smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum. - Roma Surrectum III

z28man : did it previously work with 2.5?
    Patron of ybbon66.

Why the sizes of files differ? 99 and 135?

Dean Martin's Avatar Tiro

Hah! Yes man, thank you!

The 99MB file was compressed using some advanced compression algorithms, the problem is that some softwares have trouble unzipping it. (7-zip can do it at least)
    I had to use a less efficient algorithm, and thus the file is bigger, but it can be unzipped by pretty much anything.
    But ultimately, that's the same files.

BTW, there's a bug where the pontus 0 turn campaign starts a belgae campaign, we're investigating it.
    Patron of ybbon66.

to Paedric

Many thanks!

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    Download and un-zipping works a treat (NB - ordinary 'Zip' downloads incredibly fast too!).

However - I think there may be a problem - let's see if anyone else has it......

Post Launcher enabling - "Script Error in data/descr_event_images.txt at Line 2984 Column 1 - Unknown event string settlement_razed"

Hopefully an easy fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    Update - whilst the file in question is only updated from the original in RTW's main data folder (BI's and Alex's are older and look original) as part of v2.6 - all of the 3 RTW .exe's when run from the Launcher are failing in the same way.
    The error you got is always from an install in the wrong place. When you copied the files over into your RS2 folder, you should've gotten asked if you wanted to replace folders and files. Were you? If not, the patch got in the wrong place.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Foederatus

what kinda sick person would release this right before school starts back up? jk thank you so much rs2 team!