Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum 2.6 patch

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Roma Surrectum 2.6 patch

Quote Originally Posted by tono4850 View Post
    Whatīs the difference between 0 and 1-turn campaign ?
    Its about the recruitment time.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Quote Originally Posted by Yerevan View Post
    Its about the recruitment time.
    Simple answer - but massive difference!

0turn was designed to produce lots of battles - if you like lots of battles. The result is that the AI seems to spam stacks and stacks of never-ending armies. The AI also concentrates on army recruitment as a result.

With 1turn you will get a more measured campaign where strategy and operational decisions will have more weight and it's much more about developing the economy. If you want a 'better' overall campaign, then I would recommend 1turn. This is the 'normal' recruitment system and the one most representative.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

So itīs possible to recruit units instantly without having to wait some turns ? I havenīt seen it in any mod yet.
    Empire Total War Imperial Destroyer MOD videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qHwf...o1jzaF1nzdfd1A

Yes, you can fill the queue at every settlement with 9 units - and have ALL of them the next turn. To me it's an aberration; but some people like all the battles and don't want more realism.

I enjoy my battles, but I prefer them in the context of the campaign and not as an end in themselves.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

I agree with you.
    1 turn recruitment is better in many ways.
    With 0 turn all i need is one barracks but on 1 turn that strategy is gonna get you in trouble.

Its good that they support both but i think that 0 turn still needs some tweaking.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    I agree with you.
    1 turn recruitment is better in many ways.
    With 0 turn all i need is one barracks but on 1 turn that strategy is gonna get you in trouble.

Its good that they support both but i think that 0 turn still needs some tweaking.
    Yes, with 1 turn recruitment I have far enough battles to fight against big AI stacks.

I have a question : I recently played RS2.5 with the vegetation on highest (but not the high res models) and I was stunned by the quality of the landscapes. I mean, without exageration one could say they are much nicer than R2 battle map.There is less detail of course but the colours are nicer. Also, I don't mind the huge mountains/hills, of course they give a big handicap to the attacker, but it brings challenge on the campaign map army moves.

Who is responsible for those beautiful landscapes ?
    Last edited by Yerevan; April 02, 2014 at 09:02 AM.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

The RS2 environment is the result of testing, tweaking, new models and textures for trees and ground by myself and mostly Tone. You might say I started the project by posing an idea about what could be done (that was originally released in RS1.6), and then Tone took it and went wild.

Having seen Rome2 battlefields...I agree with you. There may be less detail in terms of the number of 'things' that are there, but the trees especially, are superior in RS2. They should be....Tone made them from photographs. And, the color is just so much richer...deeper, I guess. When we were experimenting with this, I had one configuration that was 'Super High'....in which all vegetation was visible for an 'infinite' distance. No sprites were used at all. It looked INCREDIBLE! Also may have been responsible for burning up my Video card.... But with a rig that could handle it, it would be stunning.

Thanks also to 'Squid', who wrote a Geography database editor for us, we were able to add textures for various ground types to make everything more variable and realistic, alter the 'layout' of the land, so to speak, and even added trees to the swamp climate (which for some reason CA omitted).

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

neep's Avatar Tiro

+1 on the environment, it knocked my socks off when I first loaded up RSII

Come to think of it, I have a brand new graphics card. Maybe I'll see what Vegetation = Highest looks like

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    You dont need to pay.Just select regular download and get the file.
    I did select regular download, but it won't download unless I use their downloader, which I don't want to use. No one else had the same issue as mine?

Select regular download then write that stupid code in and you should get another Regular download button.
    Those sites are annoying anyway...always trying to fool you into downloading their .

ciao ragazzi
    Ieri ho iniziato a giocare RS2.6 .....

the mod is fantastic, gorgeous graphics and AI acceptable; I play with BI.exe

Quote Originally Posted by volleyfire View Post
    I did select regular download, but it won't download unless I use their downloader, which I don't want to use. No one else had the same issue as mine?
    Did you check correctly? In the regular download, below the button to download the downloader there will be a CAPTCHA. Do it, and a button for the normal download will appear.

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    The RS2 environment is the result of testing, tweaking, new models and textures for trees and ground by myself and mostly Tone. You might say I started the project by posing an idea about what could be done (that was originally released in RS1.6), and then Tone took it and went wild.

Having seen Rome2 battlefields...I agree with you. There may be less detail in terms of the number of 'things' that are there, but the trees especially, are superior in RS2. They should be....Tone made them from photographs. And, the color is just so much richer...deeper, I guess. When we were experimenting with this, I had one configuration that was 'Super High'....in which all vegetation was visible for an 'infinite' distance. No sprites were used at all. It looked INCREDIBLE! Also may have been responsible for burning up my Video card.... But with a rig that could handle it, it would be stunning.

Thanks also to 'Squid', who wrote a Geography database editor for us, we were able to add textures for various ground types to make everything more variable and realistic, alter the 'layout' of the land, so to speak, and even added trees to the swamp climate (which for some reason CA omitted).
    Beautiful work, congratulations.
    you can tell me what kind of graphics card, ram, and processor should i use to play RSII at maximum power????

neep's Avatar Tiro

Probably any reasonable configuration that you have will work.
    I was previously running with an ATI Radeon 5770 and it worked fine.
    (Review the stickies and older posts for best set up recommendations.)

Interestingly, the latest, greatest CPU may not be the best since the code is single threaded and so only uses one CPU - multiple CPU cores bring no added benefit. So it's purely raw clock speed of your single CPU core.
    I have a NVidia GTX 780, an i7 920, and tons of RAM - for me it's the CPU that's the bottleneck since there's still a lot of CPU calculations that are done duing battles.
    I can see that when things get complicated and the frame rate starts to drop, it's because the CPU is throttling up to high usage - not the graphics card.
    It doesn't happen often, but when it does it's pretty clear that it's due to numerous units, forested area (lots of vegetation and path searching), and the engine having to calculate who is trying to go where.
    (My main headache is trying to figure out how to keep my computer case cool since the CPU is the element that is maxing out)

Even the RAM requirements are pretty reasonable - again, it's 32 bit code so only 4G is the max that is used.

thanks for the reply, now I understand

My RSII-exclusive machine is:

Intel Dual Core at 3GHz (the most important element)
    2 Mb RAM
    Win XP SP3
    512Mb nVidea clone graphics (pretty much the smallest/cheapest I could get as it makes almost no impact)

And the Mod/RTW works absolutely fine with never a CTD (unless something is definitely awry!). The 'latest' is not always the best.

please!upgrade Rome Surrectum2!
    This mod is my favourite mod,Rome Surrectum 3 is a very good idea.Rome Total War live for this mod!
    Sorry for my bad english

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by leonida.99 View Post
    please!upgrade Rome Surrectum2!
    This mod is my favourite mod,Rome Surrectum 3 is a very good idea.Rome Total War live for this mod!
    Sorry for my bad english
    I don't think there is any need for the mod to be upgraded. RS2 already has a huge number of satisfying features. Most bugs have been hunted and the gameplay is stable.

But now if only it was to be built for Medieval II...
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

What's so special about M2?I cant see the mod change that much.
    Any particular features you want to see?