Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum 2.6 patch

Angrychris's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Roma Surrectum 2.6 patch

well i don't know if its 2.6 or still 2.5.

Leave it to the modder to perfect the works of the paid developers for no profit at all.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Are you guys planning to mod rome 2? It really needs modding because the game sucks. And you guys are my favourite modding team.

I'm a bleedin' idiot! Why have I been sitting here being mad at Rome 2 for several weeks when this mod is still being alive and kicking! why have I neglected this excellent mod just because of RT2!? Because I'm an idiot, and that's why I can suit myself for having missed the 2.6 release.

I just played Rome 2 Total War last night and remarked; "Look! It looks almost as good as Roma Surrectum now". Thanks for the 2.6 patch, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    Yeah, looking for the full installer version.
    I want this too as i am having trouble with installing the 2.6 stand alone patch.

UselessPoster's Avatar Semisalis

Much better than Total War: Rome 2 even 2.5 but 2.6 totally obliterates it.
    Q2 2015 ...

Time to go on a killing spree in HATRED .

Quote Originally Posted by TiberiousCarpet View Post
    Much better than Total War: Rome 2 even 2.5 but 2.6 totally obliterates it.
    I agree RTW1 with RS2 is a lot better than RTW2. And RTW1 is 10 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by wozzar View Post
    I agree RTW1 with RS2 is a lot better than RTW2. And RTW1 is 10 years old.
    Yes but mods like EB, RS2, and RTR are the zenith of RTW's potential. RTW2 has a lot more potential than any mod with RTW1 can provide. In my opinion anyway

I am getting this error with Winrar when i extract the patch to a folder. Sorry i couldn't attached the file for some reason it wasn't working. Here is the attachment here.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23755801/rs2e.rar
    Last edited by wozzar; October 08, 2013 at 06:26 AM.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    Yes but mods like EB, RS2, and RTR are the zenith of RTW's potential. RTW2 has a lot more potential than any mod with RTW1 can provide. In my opinion anyway
    You are very right. But R2 only has potential for now. R1 is already a good game. Something is very sad when a 10 year old game can beat a new game with 10x times the budget, an experienced team, great graphics and all modern coding techniques..

not to change the subject but any idea when or if a new version of RS2 will be released? just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by jrhindo View Post
    You are very right. But R2 only has potential for now. R1 is already a good game. Something is very sad when a 10 year old game can beat a new game with 10x times the budget, an experienced team, great graphics and all modern coding techniques..
    Well R1 being a good game is subjective, just R2 being a good game. R1 has a lot of faults themselves. Battles can last second just like in R2. Especially in the first 150 turns of the Campaign when so many units are low-tier and low morale. R1 is also grossly historically inaccurate. The city public order mechanics are inherently flawed forcing you to "plague" your own cities on purpose occasionally to restore that green face. Let's not even get into the ridiculous trait system which caused you to end up with super-powered characters left and right. The buggy wardgos and pigs... the overpowered chariots, or underpowered depending on who you ask. The list goes on and on. Despite all that, R1 still feels like a more polished game than R2 ironically. And I bought R2 at launch. My first Total War game

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

It all depends upon how far CA is willing to go for Rome II. The game has potential, but that potential is still unused and wasted by CA's inaction.

Until they do something, Rome 2 is badly eclipsed by good ol' RTW. Mods like RS2, EB and RTR and a lot others make this game an unmatched masterpiece.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

I am getting this error with Winrar when i extract the patch to a folder. Sorry i couldn't attached the file for some reason it wasn't working. Here is the attachment here.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23755801/rs2e.rar
    Bumped. I am still having the problem of extracting the patch i am getting 1650 errors in Winrar. Anyone know how to fix this problem.

Bumped. I am still having the problem of extracting the patch i am getting 1650 errors in Winrar. Anyone know how to fix this problem.
    try right-clicking followed by extract to then move the files where they go

is there now garrison script ? so i can turn it off

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    is there now garrison script ? so i can turn it off
    I would like to know this as well. The garrison script should be toned down at least.

I was attacking an isolated Carthaginian hamlet as Rome, my first landings in Africa after driving out the Carthaginians form Spain and Italy. It barely had a few defenders, while I had a large army with 2-3 mercenary units. I decide to starve 'em out, since I wanted to wait for reinforcements and there were no Carthaginian armies anywhere close. And POOF! Suddenly the family member that was holding the village got reinforcements from nowhere, and formed a full-stack of good units, vastly outnumbering mine. I ragequitted.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Quote Originally Posted by ejwith9953 View Post
    try right-clicking followed by extract to then move the files where they go
    The folders do extract but i am getting the errors so i am not sure if it was all extracted despite the errors. I did try right click and i had the same problem.

Solved problem. I downloaded 7ZIP and that extracted all the files no errors.
    Last edited by wozzar; October 10, 2013 at 03:07 AM.

Um so I downloaded the 2.6 Hotfix and I manage to extract the files without the command prompt and afterwards my computer had a virus (opened it with WinRaR) um I know it wasn't the 2.6 that did it, but my family who barley knows the computer blames me for downloading it and breaking the computer. The problem was that at the login point my mouse and keyboard was not moving. Had anyone have this problem (um I am not blaming the 2.6 hotfix but I am curious, although I suspect that the window 7 update might have affected the computer).

I have this problem too.
    War is peace.

I am getting this error with Winrar when i extract the patch to a folder. Sorry i couldn't attached the file for some reason it wasn't working. Here is the attachment here.http://www.gamefront.com/files/23755801/rs2e.rar
    Same here.