Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum 2.6 patch

Default Re: Roma Surrectum 2.6 patch

Hello RS Team. I have been a fan of yours for a couple of years now and like many others, found great solace in the timely release of RS 2.6 when Rome 2 had shattered my dreams of what could have been and maybe should have been. I will not beat that pile of hamburger that used to be a horse though as I like you guys!

Anyhow, a week or so after Rome 2 released I randomly wandered back onto this site (I love this community though I lurk to much) and found out about the patch. I just wanted to say thank you so very much RS team for what is by far my all time favorite modification of any game I have yet played in 30 years upon this mortal coil. I know there are many fans out there who feel the same way but we do not come close to adequately expressing this gratitude to you great guys as you deserve in my admittedly worthless opinion.

To be honest, I actually came here to do some trouble shooting regarding some issues I have been having but I was struck a little by how few thank yous I have seen. That is mostly because I have not seen many of the posts of course but regardless of this, I still feel we should be shouting from the roodtops THANKS DUDES as you guys are the bearers of a gift that TRULY has kept on giving to all of us Rome Total War fans and most remarkable of all this amazing gift comes free of charge with no strings attached!

So, again I say THANK YOU RS team. You guys are good people!

I had hoped the hoplite issue would be fixed.... Well, I guess I will be content with playing the Seleucid campaign. Oh wait. At least I still have Dacia, Rome and Carthage .....

Hear hear SeekingSomething!!! You are so right. I'll gladly join you in you excellent thank you post. I love this mod too!
    Less is more

Hi,

Could someone telll me in what region i can get the roman cataphracts?. Thanks

Black_Baron's Avatar Foederatus

ok today i installed 2.5 of this mod and it had rome faction afther this patch i dont have it.What is this sorcery do i have to beat it to unlock it or what.Btw on steam and i folowed the instructions works but no rome.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Hi Guys,

I am having problems with the patch, following instructions, control a, control c and control v and it is erroring, identifying units and their dds?

Help

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am having problems with the patch, following instructions, control a, control c and control v and it is erroring, identifying units and their dds?

Help
    I'm sorry, that just doesn't tell me much my friend. Could you post a specific error message or screen shot? It 'sounds' like the game can't find a bunch of things, but I'm not sure what?

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I cannot get patch 2.6 to work. I have tried twice. First over RS 2.5, which has worked fine (I think) and a second time I deleted and reinstalled everything (RTW, BI, Alex, RS 2.5). In both cases I could play RS II, but the Launcher said it was RS 2.2B Rev / Launcher 1.2.2 and the Capuan Campaign cavalry was available in Capua after the rebellion and recapture. So, as far as I can tell, it is not 2.6.

Help

SD_Man's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by rossj View Post
    I cannot get patch 2.6 to work. I have tried twice. First over RS 2.5, which has worked fine (I think) and a second time I deleted and reinstalled everything (RTW, BI, Alex, RS 2.5). In both cases I could play RS II, but the Launcher said it was RS 2.2B Rev / Launcher 1.2.2 and the Capuan Campaign cavalry was available in Capua after the rebellion and recapture. So, as far as I can tell, it is not 2.6.

Help
    Make sure you are using 7Zip not WinRAR to extract those files (notice the .zip extension). I believe thats the problem that I had.

Thanks
    7Zip worked

Having a slight issue with RS2. It seems to instal alright, and I did follow the instructions to the letter ( also the base game is a clean instal ). But as soon as I start up the launcher, it locks up. Any suggestions?

I get an error while extracting the 2.6 patch and only a few files works.

What to do??

Btw is Alexander a req? I've installed Rs2 before and what I can remember I didn't have to.

EDIT: I extracted it with 7zip instead and it worked.
    Last edited by Addario; January 20, 2014 at 12:08 PM.

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Hi guys,

there is a problem with word wrapping in main Data/text folder, in export_buildings file.
    The problem started at: {medium_wealth_player_romans_julii_desc} section.
    I got my copy from moddb.

Patrician

Can you show an example? I checked the file and don't see it?

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Here's a print-screen from that file:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails descr_buildings.JPG  

Patrician

Ah, I see. What that is is a corrupt file. Which campaign are you playing?

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I'm getting the passed agoge trait for all my FMs and generals I recruit, or is it supposed to work that way and only the coming of age characters have to go through it? My 17 yr old successor, when I start a campaign, has already passed...

Libertus

I am sorry but that annoying rebel army is still spawning near Capua...

Quote Originally Posted by Arie90 View Post
    I am sorry but that annoying rebel army is still spawning near Capua...
    Are you playing 2.6, because that sorted it for me.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Is there a submod/script that removes the two set-up Roman rebellions? Or at least the second rebellion?

Also, what is the difficulty level recommended for 2.6? I play on medium/medium and my every single city of mine outside of Italy is always revolting no matter what I do. I depopulated entire Hispania, gave them good governors, sometimes a full-stack garrison, but they always have public order in the red and revolt within a few turns. Buildings don't help either.

Finally, is there a submod that removes the frustrating cheat AI armies? I mean, I reduce an enemy to it's last few settlements and defeat it's armies, and within a few turns it manages to build two full-stacks and attack me repeatedly.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक