Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum 2.6 patch

Default Re: Roma Surrectum 2.6 patch

waw, these look really nice, like some others have asked, can you make some for the other factions? Perhaps redo the old ones too? they look out of place now
    But some of these pictures look familiar, perhaps it will cause some trouble over royalties? but then again some sounds in roma surrectum are from movies too ^^

Hello everyone!
    its my first time i write in Total war center forums but i use it for mods-submods and advices very long time now.

My question is if someone of you have managed to reach its rome one-turn campaign in 2.6 patch close to the roman rebellion?
    i have reached it twice very close in my 2.1 and 2.5 campaigns but i was stopping it for the next patch version as i hopped that rebellion and other bugs would have been over
    Now with the 2.6 ,that bugs are over, i am just tired of playing the same stuff again and again..

So
    Could someone of you that have reached a point close to the roman rebellion ,in 2.6 patch, pass me his saved campaign to start it from that point?

I'm using the RTW/BI version of Rome total war(not the steam but the original one)

note:i tried to use a saved game from Roma surrectum official facebook page but ,unfortunately, the file was not existing anymore.

Salve leras! I have a save game with Rtw BI 0 turn campaign close to the second big rebellion, or civil war. This is normal-normal Difficulty campaign. I upload for you:
    http://data.hu/get/8612509/Roma_Surrectum_II.rar

Hello everyone!
    This is my first time on the forum and I have a question to you: why in 1-turn gameplay the other factions made large armies very quick? in two turns the flag in the city is full and I am still doing one unit/turn. I'm not doing something good when i enter in patch or something?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

The color of the flag is a bit deceiving at times. It can look fuller than it really is. But no, you have done nothing wrong.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Coponius View Post
    Salve leras! I have a save game with Rtw BI 0 turn campaign close to the second big rebellion, or civil war. This is normal-normal Difficulty campaign. I upload for you:
    http://data.hu/get/8612509/Roma_Surrectum_II.rar
    Thank you!

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Hi all, i read that the 2.6 has a more difficult campaign when playing the other factions, how much more difficult? cause in 2.5 i could win my campaigns ( although with effort,but winnable ) but in 2.6 i just get mowned away! For example ; i played boii and capua but got wipped out in like 10-15 turns by huge stacks of ( most of the time ) roman armies, like they dont need to recruit them ( i play 1 turn campaigns ) , with macedone i had a good start but about the year 600-620 i got butt****** by dacia,pergamon,scythia and the greeks. I play on easy/easy -.- 1 turn campaign .
    Another thing that others might wanna check : when playing bosporan 1-turn campaign, its a 0-turn campaign with me.
    I always play with the garisson script on ( got used to it from playing alot 2.5 ) so is there an "money" advantage for the other factions if you should not activate it?
    Sorry in advance if this post has been in the wrong section
    thx !

Some I've having a bit of installation trouble. Here are the steps I followed:

1) Create folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RTW backup folder
    2) Copy rome total war alexander & rome total bar gold folders to backup folder
    3) Copy contents to rome total war alexander folder to rome total war gold folder
    4) Run Roma_Surrectum_2.5.exe installer and point it at the rome total war gold folder
    5) Set C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rome total war gold\launcher\Roma Surrectum II.exe to "Run this program as Administrator"
    6) Test install by double clicking launcher file. Set steam to yes with my steam name. Set graphics to 1920x1080 in preferences and saved. Verified alexander exe to be used. Chose roman 1-turn campaign and clicked ok. See the roma surrectum screen and everything loads into the main menu. Looks good to go so I exit out.
    7) Extracted Roma Surrectum 2.6.zip file
    8) Navigated down to data/play*** folder level and copied all the stuff over to the rome total war gold folder used earlier
    9) Downloaded and applied the minor patches at the bottom of the 2.6 patch page (selucid, pontus, carthage, roman)
    10) Made a shortcut to the exe and ran it
    11) Launcher comes up as expected, made sure my settings were the same and clicked ok
    12) Instead of the Roma Surrectum screen I get a steam popup about the alexandar cd key and then it loads the normal total war screen
    13) It just sits there not doing anything
    14) Eventually I realize it's not loading so I alt-tab away, looking back I see the error "Failed to read censored word dictionary file: data//chat_filter.san"
    15) Tried replacing that file with the one from the total war alexander backup folder, no luck
    16) Looked around on google for answer, don't see anything obvious
    17) Not sure what to do now.

Patrician

RS2 doesn't work with a Steam version of RTW....yet. Sorry.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    RS2 doesn't work with a Steam version of RTW....yet. Sorry.
    Ah ok, well that makes sense then. There was a steam fix on the first page so I assumed it did. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by blue9steel View Post
    Ah ok, well that makes sense then. There was a steam fix on the first page so I assumed it did. Thanks for the info.
    It allows you to use RS2 with -earlier- Steam versions.

After that particular update, it won't run rs2 period.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by blue9steel View Post
    download cracked exe from a website i think i still have them on dropbox if so i will post a link then when using rs2 launcher just set steam version no and try launch and play

EDIT: Dropbox Link https://www.dropbox.com/s/258n3rn9ju...%20CD.zip?dl=0
    Last edited by minidude2014; July 22, 2015 at 10:17 AM.

hi , pls help me...i have RS 2.6 and work fine but i cannot download fix for selucid,carthage,pontus ... where i can find this fix?? pls help

Quote Originally Posted by king Filip View Post
    hi , pls help me...i have RS 2.6 and work fine but i cannot download fix for selucid,carthage,pontus ... where i can find this fix?? pls help
    What are you trying to do exactly?

Ghazi Warrior's Avatar Libertus

Links to seleucid and carhtage fixes for RS 2.6 given on depositfiles are not working. depositfiles says that these files are no longer available. any alternative download link please!!!!

I have downloaded, installed and played more then 20 total war mods without any problems, but the RS2 mod is the first mod i could not get working or running, its to complicated to install, i am going to put this mod where i think it belongs, in the trash..

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Kavel View Post
    I have downloaded, installed and played more then 20 total war mods without any problems, but the RS2 mod is the first mod i could not get working or running, its to complicated to install, i am going to put this mod where i think it belongs, in the trash..
    Heh....lot of effort here, I see. Are you installing in Steam? If so, then there are numerous posts explaining that Steam broke RTW somehow, and RS2 no longer works. As for being too hard to install.....if you can read, you can follow directions.
    They are quite simple.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

HMonk's Avatar Decanus

RS1 and RS2 are great games, I love them and they work. But I play them on a win 7 system and don't use win updates because there last bunch of updates broke
    RS2 and I had to uninstall one of them to get RS2 to work again.
    The Best Computer is Your Computer!

I read somewhere that the steam Alex, Bi en RTW exe`s total war has been changed partly to screw up mods like Roma surrectum because they are competing for the terribly poor successor ROME II, i have Rome II, but never play it, I do not like it..

My rome gold edition was broken and lost my alexander expansion, so I purchased the steamversions, but now I know, a waste of money and time..

But ! I've found two used games, Rome total war gold and Alexander expansion and bought it today, just because I like to try Roma surrectum, I have high expectations of it..

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ame-with-steam

I recommend that the creators, manufacturers, developers, do their best to warn people, that steam versions of RTW GOLD and ALEX do not work with RS2

Mention it in the or this first post, at the download locations and anywhere where it says that steam and RS2 do work together, because They do not

and that is thedefect of steam..

I am sorry for the negative remarks earlier..

Kavel (Netherlands)

Hey people the links on the original post that fix both Carthage and Seleucid campaigns are not working, can someone upload new links please?