Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum 2.6 patch

Default Re: Roma Surrectum 2.6 patch

Oooooh I see, yes that is quite clever. Definitely sounds like an improvement, I always felt that it was a little too easy to get the legions but at the same time it still gives us the option to...fast track history. Excellent work!

is it natural in custom battles that there's some unit that dont have unit card or "unit portrait"???

It seems like the file is no longer available in Mega.

Hello ! I have a question. Is it normal when I lay siege to a city, after 1 turn, that city turns a full stacked army with stats? Why doesn;t this happen for my cities aswell? It doesn;t seem fair. I should be able to have a garisson like the other cities.

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Xailum View Post
    Hello ! I have a question. Is it normal when I lay siege to a city, after 1 turn, that city turns a full stacked army with stats? Why doesn;t this happen for my cities aswell? It doesn;t seem fair. I should be able to have a garisson like the other cities.
    That's because you have the 'garrison script' enabled. You can turn disable the AI from getting those garrison troops but you can't enable your own faction getting those troops however.

To disable that script:
    1) Open the launcher
    2) Click on 'edit RS II preferences'
    3) You can adjust some settings here but to go on the garrison script click 'other RSII Parameters' and it'll say 'file saved' just 'ok' that aswell.
    4) Here you'll see GARRISON SCRIPTS and just change the settings to 'No garrisons' to disable those fullstacks. Click save in the top right corner.
    5) Then back on the main launcher click on 'Delete map.rwm'

Don't know if it' save compatible or if you'll have to start a new campaign though.

Hello,

Which folder should I unzip the attachment "export_descr_buildings.zip" in the first post?

Thanks...

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by koray View Post
    Hello,

Which folder should I unzip the attachment "export_descr_buildings.zip" in the first post?

Thanks...
    Unzip the export descr_buildings text file and drop it in (RS 2.6)\Play_Rome_One_Turn\data folder and overwrite the old one.

Thank you, ferike_2007..

I have two questions. (1) I have Rome Total War Gold Edition on Steam and have the Fourth Age Mod - The Dominion of Men which is a Mod for Barbarian Invasion but I would like to download RS for Rome Total War and would like some help info in how to download it without interfering with my Fourth Age Mod. (2) Is RS historically accurate? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanjRod View Post
    I have two questions. (1) I have Rome Total War Gold Edition on Steam and have the Fourth Age Mod - The Dominion of Men which is a Mod for Barbarian Invasion but I would like to download RS for Rome Total War and would like some help info in how to download it without interfering with my Fourth Age Mod. (2) Is RS historically accurate? Thank you
    1 - RSII no longer works with Steam - thanks to Steam & CA.

1a - If/When you acquire RTW/BI Gold Edition on CD (2 or 3 of them like I have, perhaps) then you can, indeed are strongly recommended, to multiple installs, all of which can be separately modded. RSII is a complete re-write and is incompatible with any other Mods.

2 - this was asked and discussed just the other day. A little search will show. Feel free to then ask a more specific question. That's not to be at all picky, but it's a very open question.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by donrosal View Post
    is it natural in custom battles that there's some unit that dont have unit card or "unit portrait"???
    This is one of those irritating problems I have fixed numerous times, only to have it reappear because of changes to the unit stats. The problem is that RTW will not read the cards for any unit beyond 'about' 400 or so units in EDU.txt. It's a bug in RTW that appeared because we used all 500 slots in EDU, which few other mods (if any) ever did. The solution is to move all 'no_custom' (units that don't appear at all in custom battles) units to the bottom of the file. It's on my list of things to do.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

After an hardisk crash that deleted my copy of RS2.6 I just re-installed it: plain RTW, then RTW-BI, RS2.5 and then the 2.6 patch.
    Unfortunatly every campaign that I start block me right after the menu asking me to "select something" (and I do it) and when I exit the game an error message appear to me, saying:
    "Script Error in
    play_Rome/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 12, column 1.
    Expected start date of campaign or battle"

It happens with every faction (the error message just change with "play_*****/data.....")
    How can I fix it?
    Thank you.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Hmm.....check the short-cut to the Launcher and make sure it actually DOES point to the Launcher folder in your RTW directory.

Other than that, something isn't installed right if you get any error at all.

To confirm the Launcher problem, you can try this: There are three batch files in the 'root' RTW folder called 'RS2_Alex.bat'...'RS2_BI.bat', or 'RS2_rtw.bat'.
    Run one of these. You will see a black and white menu listing 1, 2, 3, 4, etc to choose which campaign you want to play. 'Play Rome' is number two. Press '2' and hit enter. The game should start and go into the Roman 0-turn campaign. If it does NOT, then you're install is messed up. If it does, then the Launcher path may be wrong.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Hi there, found a few "problems" with the 2.6

1) I no longer got the intro movie, had it in 2.5 ( not really a problem for me )
    2) building the early praetorian fortress in roma, does not allow me to train them, only general, antisignani , spy
    i play 1-turn campaign
    3) playing in 1-turn with other factions , no longer has the "unlimited battle time" option to activate

and yes having an older version of the exe files fixes the problem with the new eula agreement from RT, so RSII 2.6 works fine
    little or no crashes.

thx for creating this mod

1 i think the -nm (no movie) option in the launcher is default for 2.6, at least it is for me; the movie is great btw, you can ejoy it if you want the file is located in main Data\fmv folder, any media player should play it.

2. you should to train early_praetorians, if no maybe you forgot to run the script and weird thing started to happens there... otherwise you can check your EDB file: at "praetorian_training requires factions { romans_brutii, }..." entry you have to have the next line:
    - recruit "roman early praetorian" 1 requires factions { romans_brutii, }

3. sorry, no idea...

Thx for the answers ferike , playing the intro movie is now fixed and yes , probably sometin went wrong with the script ( although i always activate it when i start )
    cause when i started a new game and used some cheats and builded the early praetorian fortess, i could build all the units.

Only thing left is my 3th point that i no longer can play 1 turn campaign's with unlimited battle time, too bad you had no idea about that.

But again thx for the answers.

Thx for your answers ferike, point 1 and 2 are fixed, only my 3th point is left, too bad you don't have an answer for that, i guess i have to wait till one of the devellopers answers on that. but thx again.

Quote Originally Posted by Phes View Post
    Thx for your answers ferike, point 1 and 2 are fixed, only my 3th point is left, too bad you don't have an answer for that, i guess i have to wait till one of the devellopers answers on that. but thx again.
    OMG, it's quite simple: when start the game hit the Esc button, choose Game Options and there check/uncheck the "No Campaign Battle Time Limit" box...

Indeed omg , i'ts easy to find it if you know where to look In roma 2.5 it was where you choose what faction to play and in roma 2.6 i started with the roman campaign where the "no battle time limit" is in the campaign screen, that's why i was so confused . Pretty embarrasing, i could eat my shoe right now

Is there any possibility my submod can be included for next version?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ed-UI-graphics

It replaces the UI, main menu background and all building cards + some icons (Romans only).

Thanks for RSII anyway!