Thread: progress

Default progress

can we know is this mod close to release ? some of us waiting for it for years, it would be dream come true.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: progress

At this point there's a better chance of Half life 3 releasing before this mod sadly. I remember being excited for it way back in 2008. We will have had three full Total war released since then next week.

If the Mod is dead, why not make the BETA publically available?

Iriasthor's Avatar Libertus

I don't think at all the mod is dead. Although the community activity has decreased greatly since the copyright issue, I am pretty sure that DotS team is still working on this great project slowly but continuously.

I remember joining this forum just because of this mod, now I'm sad to say that I'm not sure I'll even play it if it is ever released, it may be awesome, but I just don't enjoy playing the old TW games anymore.

I also dont think this mod is dead but we need more information from Hross or someone else about the progress or at least some pics to clear the things a bit...Btw ,now that Rome 2 is up,we surely wont see Dots soon.
    Last edited by slayer92; September 04, 2013 at 11:08 AM.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

None of the team are playing Rome 2...in fact we haven't played games in a long time due to all free time going to modding.
    Criticisms about waiting years are fair... but we have always been working our arses off, so what more can we do? We always needed more modders and to not have people getting bored after two weeks and leaving us with unfinished tasks that one of the mod leaders had to then switch to.
    Resurrection has just had his child born a few days ago, I haven't been able to talk to him about the files or the future because of the pregnancy and I will give him a few more weeks until I trouble him. Clearly games are not a priority for him right now.
    I have the luxury of still being an idealist when it comes to this game, I am trying to find ways I can release some kind of beta or the files or whatever, regardless of whether I keep working on it. There are really only a few tasks left before a final alpha really, that's what's so tragic. This problem is that the tasks are going to take time, but all of them have been started. Once the tasks would be done we would have a very buggy game that would be prone to crashes however, so it would be nigh on unplayable anyway until someone with overall technical knowledge could correct the coding errors that inevitably occur and create any potential crash. It's all pretty frustrating.

-(Formerly known as Hross)

you dont have to hurry, take your time. if you want play rome 2, or some other game. it wont be okay from us, people who wait this mod to be upsat on your team for not finishing this mod yet. we will wait, as long as we need, because you dont do this for some money, you do this for free to all us. i would realy help you, the fact is that i dont know nothing about moding although i play total war since first rome.

@Hross/Hengest: Great to read an official statement in here !! Cheers!

Foederatus

I have to agree with you. Take your time men. It´s up to you what you want to do with you work good luck

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    you dont have to hurry, take your time. if you want play rome 2, or some other game. it wont be okay from us, people who wait this mod to be upsat on your team for not finishing this mod yet. we will wait, as long as we need, because you dont do this for some money, you do this for free to all us. i would realy help you, the fact is that i dont know nothing about moding although i play total war since first rome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hengest View Post
    None of the team are playing Rome 2...in fact we haven't played games in a long time due to all free time going to modding.
    Criticisms about waiting years are fair... but we have always been working our arses off, so what more can we do? We always needed more modders and to not have people getting bored after two weeks and leaving us with unfinished tasks that one of the mod leaders had to then switch to.
    Resurrection has just had his child born a few days ago, I haven't been able to talk to him about the files or the future because of the pregnancy and I will give him a few more weeks until I trouble him. Clearly games are not a priority for him right now.
    I have the luxury of still being an idealist when it comes to this game, I am trying to find ways I can release some kind of beta or the files or whatever, regardless of whether I keep working on it. There are really only a few tasks left before a final alpha really, that's what's so tragic. This problem is that the tasks are going to take time, but all of them have been started. Once the tasks would be done we would have a very buggy game that would be prone to crashes however, so it would be nigh on unplayable anyway until someone with overall technical knowledge could correct the coding errors that inevitably occur and create any potential crash. It's all pretty frustrating.

-(Formerly known as Hross)
    Dearest The Artist Formerly Known As Hross,

Is the man with the blonde hair wearing the British flag t-shirt in your signature image a massive gaylord?

Best regards,

Ed
    Last edited by Space_Ed; September 29, 2013 at 04:47 PM.

no he is a gayprince of the empire of gays

I've no idea what you are talking about Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hengest View Post
    I've no idea what you are talking about Ed.
    Really the game does seem nearly finished. On the map it just looks like there are armies missing. There doesn't appear to have been a SVN update for a long time. Is the game still being updated by SVN? I've been on revision 1018 since February 2013. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Ed View Post
    Really the game does seem nearly finished. On the map it just looks like there are armies missing. There doesn't appear to have been a SVN update for a long time. Is the game still being updated by SVN? I've been on revision 1018 since February 2013. Thanks
    I think you have an old SVN repository. It was changed this spring/summer.

Dominion of the Sword - Magyar Department - Coordinator, PSF research leader
    The Great Conflicts - Magyar tribes researcher
    Heiğinn Veğr: Total War- Magyar tribes and Kingdom of Hungary researcher

Ignore him, Ed's just on his own drugs again

will you still be releasing the public version of this mod even though it may be buggy??

is it dead?

Seljuq Prince's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by guyverlance View Post
    is it dead?
    This mod is not dead, just slow in progress due to number of active team members.. So, Guyverlance dont keep asking if its dead or not dead just to annoy team members and real fans of Dots, be a good boy and post some meaningfull things here or be usefull and help team member to speed the mods proggression. And Guyverance have a good day.
    Last edited by Seljuq Prince; March 03, 2014 at 06:28 AM.