Page 1 of 27 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-launch support plans and even more free content for Total War: ROME II!

CraigTW's Avatar Ducenarius

CA Developer Icon Post-launch support plans and even more free content for Total War: ROME II!

Hi guys,

Today we’re announcing our post-launch support plans for Total War: ROME II, and the good news for you is that it involves free stuff, as well as a wide array of high-quality paid-for DLC content with additional bonus features.

Alongside paid-for DLC, we’re planning to support players with regular free content and feature updates.

James Russell, Lead Designer on Total War: ROME II, said, “As with SHOGUN 2, we will continually improve the game’s compatibility, optimisation and integral features such as AI and gameplay balancing post-release, and plan to add to that with new control schemes and additional free formats on other operating systems,”

“We are also very proud of how SHOGUN 2 is our most moddable Total War to date with over 500 user-made mods on Steam Workshop alone. We hope to support ROME II in a similar fashion.”

While the Greek States Culture Pack DLC and free Pontus playable faction update will arrive day one; by October, you’ll also be able to add the Seleucid Empire http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Factions to your playable faction roster for free and the Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack featuring the Royal Scythians, Roxolani and Massagetae as paid-DLC.

That’s a whole faction! For free! On top of Pontus!

Have a great weekend,

Craig.

Archilles's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Post-launch support plans and even more free content for Total War: ROME II!

haha i am faster

By the way : FIRST

Last edited by Archilles; August 23, 2013 at 08:09 AM.

Default Re: Post-launch support plans and even more free content for Total War: ROME II!

That...is....awesome. Thanks will CA is quickly becoming my favorite gaming company. Honestly I love these games so much I would of paid for all of it anyway

Freebies. Thanks CA!

Thanks alot Craig! This is awesome, and should quieten down alot of people.
    | Gigabyte P67-UD4-B3 | I5 2500K @ 4.3Ghz| MSI GeForce GTX 670 | OCZ Intel Extreme 8G RAM |
    | Crucial SSD C300 64 | Samsung F3 1TB | Corsair Hydro H60 | Corsair HX 850W | Corsair 600T |

Eofor's Avatar Domesticus

Disappointed that Seleucids will be free.
    Aelfwine, then, spoke out and valiantly declared: 'Let us call to mind those declarations we often uttered over mead, when from our seat we heroes in hall would put up pledges about tough fighting; now it can be proved who is brave. I am willing to make my lineage known to all, that I was from a substantial family in Mercia. My grandfather was called Ealhelm, a wise nobleman blessed with worldly wealth. The thanes among that people shall not reproach me for my wanting to get out of this army, to make my way home, now that my lord leader is lying hacked down in battle. To me that is the greatest grief: he was both my kinsman and my lord." Then he moved forward and turned his attention to revenge, so that with his spear he struck a seaman among the army so that he lay dead among the ground, destroyed by his weapon. Then he exhorted his comrades, his friends and companions, that they should advance.

Great!

Yeah! Thanks Will!

Craig, you are not up to date...Seleucids have already been announced. ^^
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

What about modding tools ?

Do you have an idea if you will be able to release one and if it is the case when ?

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I will repeat myself from the first thread on this subject... Awesome!
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

I knew it, CA just pressed the sympathy-button
    Thanks!

baldrick13's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Eofor View Post
    Disappointed that Seleucids will be free.

Shut up or you'll give the complainers something to whine about.

This is great, CA! A lot of people were disappointed the Seleucids weren't a playable faction. Thanks for delivering!

[N2]Kami's Avatar Semisalis

Some one call Antiochus, his dream came too.

Well they just announce it and the forum is having problems again^^

Jack update + this, now we have to wait until Monday before CA strikes again. I'm starting to hate weekends.

Always good to see a new playable faction for free. The Selucid fans will have to wait till October though but I'm sure they can wait 1 month

THANK YOU Craig!

Does it mean we have 2 free lc? Pontus and seleucid?

I hope theres also a trailer with nomadic tribes culture pack like greek city states trailer....
    Also want to see nomadic tribes in wiki.totalwar.com!!!!
    Last edited by jamreal18; August 23, 2013 at 08:26 AM.

Thats great! Seleucids!

I'm expecting a pre order world record with this splendid news!

Centenarius

Great news, thanks CA

Page 1 of 27 123456789101126 ... LastLast