Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Titanfall

Default Re: Titanfall

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    I also get this feeling that Titanfall is just a COD-ifed battlefield , for people who like big machines but find the battlefield maps and vehicles to complicated .So it's just like CoD , but with ing robots . Go around , and shoot until the game ends .

The lack of destructible buildings a bit killing the fun for me , it would be cool to see two Titans tearing up around them during a fierce duel .

I disagree. The buildings are essential cover both for Titans and pilots. If you allow complete destructibility then the map becomes flat 30 seconds after the first Titan drops and that's no fun.

If you rep me leave your name and I'll rep you back!

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

No way that old engine can allow for destructible environments. Although if you make it realistic, destructible environments could work. In real life buildings don't flatten that easy. I think the BF series is pretty good at that, now. I think in Bad Company you could raze a building with one 'nade launcher round.

I like the game. I will likely buy it. I'll play it for a month and unlock what I want, and then never play it again. Being an EA thing; it will be highly DLC driven. And before you know it, you'll have spent $120 on the game. That just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I'll just go back to world of tanks, inevitably...
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

I also get this feeling that Titanfall is just a COD-ifed battlefield , for people who like big machines but find the battlefield maps and vehicles to complicated .So it's just like CoD , but with ing robots . Go around , and shoot until the game ends .

The lack of destructible buildings a bit killing the fun for me , it would be cool to see two Titans tearing up around them during a fierce duel .
    Wasteland 2 is just like COD except it's turn based, isometric, and set in a post apocalyptic future.

Other than that it's pretty much exactly the same.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesīr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

Destructible buildings needs to integrate well with a games gameplay design. Mobility in Titanfall seems to utilise buildings a lot so I'm not so sure it would work so well in that game, not to mention maps are smaller than in Battlefield.

My heart is dead set on getting a PS4 but I'm pure enthralled with this game. Question for me is, will EA two time it with Sony in the future.

The Alcotroll's Avatar Campidoctor
    The People's Democratic Republic of Lancashire.

Looks like COD with big robots and jump packs. It'll be full of 14 year-olds sprinting around the place shooting each other in the face with SMGs. The older I get, the less I enjoy that sort of thing, and I never much liked it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Wasteland 2 is just like COD except it's turn based, isometric, and set in a post apocalyptic future.

Other than that it's pretty much exactly the same.
    The character customization menu is literally the same , infantry vs infantry also the same as CoD , and then you have the Titan who's game play is all to reminiscent of a tank battle in battlefield to me ,only you know way more fun (the titan battle).
    Also keep in mind it's the ex Cod developers with Battlefield publishers who are working on this game ,I honestly think EA wanted to bind the best of both worlds .

Looks like COD with big robots and jump packs. It'll be full of 14 year-olds sprinting around the place shooting each other in the face with SMGs. The older I get, the less I enjoy that sort of thing, and I never much liked it in the first place
    I don't understand why somebody above 18 loved it in the first place .
    I think the BF series is pretty good at that, now. I think in Bad Company you could raze a building with one 'nade launcher round.
    In Bad Company 2 buildings take a lot of punishment before crumbling , and of course it depends on the constructions themselves ,of course a small wooden shed will be torn apart by one thank shell .
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; February 19, 2014 at 06:25 AM.

Citizen

If the buildings were destructable the titans would wreck shop even more than they do now.

Buildings are essential to keep the pilot mode balanced, necessary for both cover and mobility.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesīr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

PSA: I just bought this for $33 from this Russian game-key site I found on Slickdeals. Everything went smoothly, I'm pre-loading on Origin right now. They take Paypal so there is some level of security involved. I had a PP balance and used my debit card to fund the difference. Might not want to use a quick transfer from your bank account, just in case.

Best price I found. Cant beat the current exchange rate. Thanks, Putin. Game is 50gb!

If I play it for a month then $33 was well worth it. I did somehow put 7 hours into the beta...
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

Hmm, I heard there's risk of the game itself being region locked and that potentially they could remove the games from your library and not bother refunding you since it's you breaking the rules in their terms of service. I don't know though. What bothers me is that I can't play a demo to see how the game plays on my computer. It's really hard to justify throwing down a lot of money for a game once your computer is no longer the latest state of the art piece of gear it used to be. So I'd want to demo it, mess with the settings and see how well it played and how high I could get the settings before I decide to buy the game. There's no bigger disappointment than buying a game, installing it, then realizing it runs like absolute crap on your computer.
    Last edited by Captain Jin; March 09, 2014 at 11:51 PM.

Citizen

From what I hear it isn't too intensive on a system. It runs on the source engine.

Did you not play the beta?
    ttt

No I applied but didn't get in.

Comes Domesticorum

I have a pretty dated computer and it ran just fine on decently tweaked settings.

Soooo if I can run Rome 2 on practically the highest settings with GEM and what not then I'm okay? Orrrr if I can ruuun Bioshock Infinite, Hitman Absolution, Tomb Raider, or Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon on either the highest or close to highest setting I be all right or what? I don't want to get if I can only play it it on 'decent' settings. I want it to be either ultra or very close to that.

Comes Domesticorum

I can't speak for that because I don't play on ultra settings, but I think if you can run Rome II on highest settings you should be fine. It's not a very graphically impressive game anyway.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    Soooo if I can run Rome 2 on practically the highest settings with GEM and what not then I'm okay? Orrrr if I can ruuun Bioshock Infinite, Hitman Absolution, Tomb Raider, or Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon on either the highest or close to highest setting I be all right or what? I don't want to get if I can only play it it on 'decent' settings. I want it to be either ultra or very close to that.
    Yeah I would say you'll be able to basically play at max settings. It doesn't have the best graphics in the world. It looks great while you're playing it but not really because of the amazing fidelity.
    ttt

Ok cool. Should be cool. I got pre-loaded. I picked up the game and opened Origin only to discover I had a beta key all along (expired now). I never realized it was there because I never got a email or anything notifying me that I got a key =(.

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

That's nonsense. The wall/double-jumping adds a new strategy to counter titans that shows a lot of really good map design. It has tactical elements throughout, with the customization and various paths to take.

Playing as a titan makes you much more vulnerable, a focus point - and without much mobility. Skilled players can easily jump on a titan's back and neutralize it with minimal damage sustained.

To "go around and shoot until it ends" is really lazy criticism, fitting for most Infinity Ward-title but you have to give credit for Respawn's bold approach for an AAA-title in a genre that had it's last great addition with the godfather of them all, Battlefield 2 and Unreal Tournament 3.
    Buildings are essential for strategies to deal with titans. If titans would be able to make themself more room make the game would turn into a very unbalanced onslaught with much less finessé to it.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    Ok cool. Should be cool. I got pre-loaded. I picked up the game and opened Origin only to discover I had a beta key all along (expired now). I never realized it was there because I never got a email or anything notifying me that I got a key =(.
    Yeah they actually gave a PC beta key to everyone who had requested one on sunday or monday of the beta period.
    ttt

Yeah a notification would have been nice!

Does it play more like a CoD title or a battlefield title in terms of gun play and team work?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast