Thread: Bandits

Default Bandits

love the bandits and how they pop up but i feel that invasion resist in newly captured cities is to low also there are a lot and i mean alot of random bandit with a good size stacks poping up in territories that i either started with or i hae firmly under my control with green faces on all cities so i know poppulace is happy

Default Re: Bandits

I think some of them are scripted, and I am pretty sure there a bandits at the upper north of Han and like south of Han (Shu and Sun Ce should have some huge bandits lying around their to be territory).
    Kind of would help to know which faction you are playing as since it would give me a idea on what is going on (well Gigantus and Seether will know for 100%, while its just 45% for me). Historically (I think) there were a lot of bandits caused trouble even after the Yellow Turban rebellion and this mod is going for historic accuracy so....

i usually play as Gongsun zan or yuan shao, though i understand bandits after yellow turban event but when i have all taxes on my starting cities set to low and have all green faces on all my cities which means i have happy populace can i have builings that increas happiness why am i getting so many bandits , it makes no sense, the yellow turban event was in relation to famine, corruption and extreme unhappiness

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

We do have several large "rebel" armies throughout the exterior regions of China. These aren't actually rebels, however, they are in fact the armies of the various "barbarian" peoples, such as the Di, Qiang, Wuhuan, Xiongnu, Xianbei, and Shanyue. As far as bandits in the interior of China, yes, there were still a lot of rebel and bandit activity going on in China. For example, most people think the Yellow Turbans were defeated when the three Zhang brothers were killed. Not so. The Yellow Turbans continued as a military threat until 205. Then there were famous bandit/rebel groups, such as the White Wave and Black Mountain, that operated a different times.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

outer perimeter china bandits i know are supposed to be there i have been a ROTK fan for a while and have been playing since ROTK 8, also i know the yellow turban still existed hence how Cao Cao gets his Qing elite, (i hope are in game lol) but i mean the small stack minor bandits are good but when your have a group of cities with super happy populace and almost non existing unhappy ness there should be no bandits, cause why the would i care about having a happy city if bandits will be there any way, even with buildings that increase happiness and order

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar Heldenhamer View Post
    outer perimeter china bandits i know are supposed to be there i have been a ROTK fan for a while and have been playing since ROTK 8, also i know the yellow turban still existed hence how Cao Cao gets his Qing elite, (i hope are in game lol) but i mean the small stack minor bandits are good but when your have a group of cities with super happy populace and almost non existing unhappy ness there should be no bandits, cause why the would i care about having a happy city if bandits will be there any way, even with buildings that increase happiness and order
    Btw, we are NOT basing this mod off the book (Romance of Three Kingdoms), or the video game series. This is a mod based on the actual HISTORICAL period in China, starting from the Rise of the Three Kingdoms. (hence the title Rise of Three Kingdoms). And there are ALWAYS bandits (happy people doesn't mean no bandits)

yeah but in any game or time period if you have happy populace and a High level of order ( policeing i geuss) you should not have bandits since in real life people turn to banditry becasue of lawlessness or poverty

and i was only refering to ROTK becuse in those games the had the WU Wan Barbarians and other major barbarians in the 4 corners of the map so its like what you have i was only making a comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar Heldenhamer View Post
    yeah but in any game or time period if you have happy populace and a High level of order ( policeing i geuss) you should not have bandits since in real life people turn to banditry becasue of lawlessness or poverty
    I understand you argument, however there is never a utopian society, so there will always be elements in society that are stricken with poverty and turn to crime and violence.

true but it seems that they need to be tweeked back in amount and frequency just a bit

just murder them with a general and some cavalry. or u can take a stack of low cost troops and auto resolve it. Thats what i do. no more bandits.

well what i try to do is take all my 4+ command star generals and make them an invasion force and leave all my 3- star in the cities to act as quick strike trops for local bandits and that seems to work but there are just so many dang generals in the game that i end up with almost 2 stacks jsut of generals lol

Play as a small faction, like Qingzhou, Liaodong, or Wudoumi Sect and try to expand as fast as possible. Lack of generals will become a major problem very quickly.

so its unbalanced either way, small faction not enough generals but famous faction to many

That how it was. Some leaders were blessed with either prosperous lands, large populations, many talented generals, or a combination of them. And of course if you bribe a lot of enemy generals you will end up with too many. If you play as Cao Cao or Sun Ce and don't bribe very much (if at all), you will find yourself with a shortage of generals and governors before you get 25 cities.

true i geuss i think they should be joining over time and not dumped all at once but whatever

I think joining through events would be nice and i think the devs do plan to do that.

I try to collect generals like pokemon. I see one and i got a maxed out diplomat on his a$$. Generally i have stolen a good number of a factions generals before taking them out. Only generals in cities are hard to bribe or generals who were historically really loyal. I will usually have more generals than cities. Even my cao cao campaign i had 42 regions and 52 generals. Maybe 5 of them were from coming of age or adoption.

lol