Thread: Expanded Americas Unspecified Error

Default Expanded Americas Unspecified Error

Good day,
    I just downloaded an installed Expanded Americas and installed it onto my PC which runs on Windows 8. I installed it into C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\expanded_americas3.3 as that is where Medieval II had installed by default. The installation went smoothly. I ran the game using the icon.ico shortcut and received the error Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit after briefly seeing the loading screen for Expanded Americas. I tried again with the .bat file in the mod's directory but got the same result. Not being sure whether or not I had the medieval files unpacked or not I followed the Display ReadMe. Again, nadda. I am using the Medieval 2 Gold Edition with Kingdoms installed. I believe there should be an error log so if anyone would be so kind as to direct me to it's location I will post it.

Thank you,
    Shadire

Default Re: Expanded Americas Unspecified Error

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs is normal. Windows 8 and Gold Edition might make this a little complicated. Do you have both parts of the mod installed? Total files size should be around 2.4 GB.

Hello Eothese, glad to see you're still active these days.
    I do have both parts installed and the size is 2.37 GB. I checked under both C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs and the (x86) one, with the prior not existing. The latter, however, was empty. I tried launching again several times with no results. Is there anywhere else the log could be? One other thing I believe is worth mentioning is that I run M2TW is compatibility mode, due to Windows 8 being Windows 8. I tried running it without it, with Windows 7 compatibility and Windows Vista SP3 but none of them worked.

Thank you,
    Shadire

Great news!
    I just re-installed your mod, and everything seems to be working. I think the problem might of been I installed part 2 into Expanded Americas itself instead of it's data folder. The mod is great, as is Akthross Total War.

Thank you,
    Shadire
    Last edited by Eothese; August 27, 2013 at 12:41 PM.

Great and nice to hear.

duerker von eden's Avatar Tiro

ah Ok so i have to delete it then re install. well it will take a few minutes but il hopefully get it to work. had the same problem as well.

after 3 more retries dosnt work. iv given up on this mod in hopes this gets fixed becuse im tired of mods that dont work for me. if the issue cant be found then this mod is a waist of time.

no bad rep given just of the issue isnt geting fixed or a tutoral on how to fix it then dont instal the mod.
    Last edited by Eothese; October 31, 2013 at 03:08 PM.

If you have a problem with mods in general then it is probably down to your OS and security settings, there are many more people who successfully install and play mods and simply don't post about it than there are those who cant follow simple instructions or don't know who to operate their machine and should probably stick to consoles.

You've given no details on your problem or your setup, so how do you expect to be helped? Also why would you expect that uninstalling and reinstalling would work on a 2nd or 3rd attempt if it failed on the first and the initial install? Did you actually read what shadire did to fix his problem?