Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Released] Zera's_Sound_v5.0

Sogdog's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: [Released] Zera's_Sound_v4.0

thanks so much. Gives me a chance with serbia. Tell me, serbia cant change gov type. Which files would one need to mod in order for that to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeraphinos View Post
    Next changes will be adding new bullet impact and flight sounds and ofc if u want more command voices for tanks or what u want .
    So you'll continue with your work? Good to hear! If you have time and pleasure maybe you can check/correct the spoken feedback when you click on a british army on the campaign map. A stack without a general in it always answered in spanish.
    Also the command voices for machine gun troops are a bit odd. Sometimes they say "sevenpounder Howitzer ready/medium cannon" (GB) or "Siebenpfünder Haubitzen bereit/mittlere Kanonen" (GER/Austr) which means the same like the english command. Is it possible to just delete these several commands or replace them with more generic? Don't now about the other nations but it will be probably the same...

Regards Ivar

Quote Originally Posted by Sogdog View Post
    thanks so much. Gives me a chance with serbia. Tell me, serbia cant change gov type. Which files would one need to mod in order for that to happen?
    I really dont know .

Quote Originally Posted by Ivar the Boneless View Post
    So you'll continue with your work? Good to hear! If you have time and pleasure maybe you can check/correct the spoken feedback when you click on a british army on the campaign map. A stack without a general in it always answered in spanish.
    Also the command voices for machine gun troops are a bit odd. Sometimes they say "sevenpounder Howitzer ready/medium cannon" (GB) or "Siebenpfünder Haubitzen bereit/mittlere Kanonen" (GER/Austr) which means the same like the english command. Is it possible to just delete these several commands or replace them with more generic? Don't now about the other nations but it will be probably the same...

Regards Ivar
    About machine gun tropps this can be fixed , i will do it as u suggest , by deleting commands that dont fit . About english troops use spanish voice , this is really odd . But i will try to do what i can .

Thanks again for feedback !

Libertus

ok, installed 4.0 midway through campaign and now that i'm up against russia, i get ctd when loading up a battle and it seems it's only on their turf, but it also could be just the army i'm up against. Meaning there could be a unit or something within the army of russia that's causing the ctd. Never had a problem with russia until i put in 4.0. I read that changes were made to russia, so do i need to start a new campaign? I don't think 4.0 is savegame compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by kaizerkat View Post
    ok, installed 4.0 midway through campaign and now that i'm up against russia, i get ctd when loading up a battle and it seems it's only on their turf, but it also could be just the army i'm up against. Meaning there could be a unit or something within the army of russia that's causing the ctd. Never had a problem with russia until i put in 4.0. I read that changes were made to russia, so do i need to start a new campaign? I don't think 4.0 is savegame compatible.
    Better start new campaign to be on safe side . I made so many changes that i cant guarantee that my mod is savegame compatible. Besides that do you like my mod ?

Libertus

ja, great work and it seems you r the only one making difference in this mod. Thanks for the reply and i will start new campaign and let u know if any problems. Oh, btw is there a way to make ai more aggressive? I gave them more money and france attacks more often and for the first time britain attacked early. But no follow up army after they attacked except for france. Spater

Quote Originally Posted by kaizerkat View Post
    ja, great work and it seems you r the only one making difference in this mod. Thanks for the reply and i will start new campaign and let u know if any problems. Oh, btw is there a way to make ai more aggressive? I gave them more money and france attacks more often and for the first time britain attacked early. But no follow up army after they attacked except for france. Spater
    Im sure there are ways to make CAI more aggressive , but you are asking the wrong guy Better ask the developers to make CAI more aggressive . They know much better about modding then i do . Im just doing sounds

Im just doing sounds
    I would not say this so...
    - Changed light/heavy mortar explosion effect
    -Fixed late_mg move bug
    - Fixed factory district to show proper which technology they enable
    - Made russia able to recruit tanks
    - and tons of other changes to the DB to achieve sound seperation btw artillery , guns and music

Ok maybe im not doing just sounds but CAI is something different . So i asked Bran Mac Born to give me his permission to add his "aggresive CAI" for Darthmod into Great War mod . So im waiting til he gives me an answer and if he agrees i will add his CAI into this mod . SO patience guys , patience .

Libertus

awesome, make that happen and most def you'll be on my xmas list

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Ok maybe im not doing just sounds but CAI is something different . So i asked Bran Mac Born to give me his permission to add his "aggresive CAI" for Darthmod into Great War mod . So im waiting til he gives me an answer and if he agrees i will add his CAI into this mod . SO patience guys , patience .
    That would be awesome
    Last edited by B-DizL; October 11, 2013 at 02:23 PM.

@kaizerkat I dont think u have to wait til xmas , til i upload next version . If i have time , maybe this weekend already .

@B-Dizl Im curious , bcs u are the only guy from developer team who post here , did u try my mod out ? And if yes do you like it ?

Also i would like to inform you guys what u guys expect in next version ;

- I will improve CAI based on Bran Mac Born values .
    - I will add new bullet flight and impact sounds
    - I will replace some deathmoans with more deathscream , so u here more deathscreams
    - I will add new shot type for heavy tank . Atm they use only AP rounds , i give them also HE round . So u can swith btw AP and HE + i will give unique tank voice to those shot types .
    SO for example if u click on AP round , u will hear something like " AP round is loaded" and same goes for HE in 3 dif languages ( russian , german british )
    - fix machine gun tropps select sound .
    - about spanish voice sound idk yet , if i can fix it .
    - and will add carabine sound to every skirmish troop .

Thats it for now .
    Last edited by Zeraphinos; October 12, 2013 at 02:34 AM.

Icon1 Re: [Released] Zera's_Sound_v4.0

Released v5.0
    (not save_game_compatible)
    Changelist

- Add new bullet impact sounds on ground
    - Add new bullet impact sounds on body
    - Add new bullet flight sounds
    - Add new shot type for the tanks "male_Mark2", "male_A7v" and "male_Mark2_captured"
    So now those tanks have 2 shot types . One is AP the other HE . Before they had only AP which was good against bunkers and other tanks but nothing against infantry . SO with new shot type , u can attack also Infantry and do some dmg. Ingame AP shot is "explosive shell" and HE "quicklime"
    - Add unique projectile impact sound for tank_HE shot .
    - Add new tank_unit_voice for selecting AP round in russian , english and german
    - Add new tank_unit_voice for selecting HE round in russian , english and german
    - Replaced 3 deathmoans with 3 new deathscreams .
    - Changed "Inf_Old_light" to use carbine sound instead of rifle sound .
    - Increased range from Heavy tanks with cannons from 200 to 300
    - Fixed machine_gun tropps use correct "unit_select" sound
    - Fixed british troops on campaign map use correct sound .
    - Changed Campaign_AI based on Bran Mac Born CAI_MOD to be more aggressive

Note:
    For those that were using the other "Great_War_DB.pack" that gave to every minor nation acces to tanks , it has been updated too , so if u want to play with this DB.pack i attached the new file in my first post .

I hope u guys will try out my new version and will post some feedback .
    Regards Zera

Last edited by Zeraphinos; October 13, 2013 at 02:30 PM.

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Default Re: [Released] Zera's_Sound_v5.0

@ Zeraphinos, I haven't had a chance to try it yet, I've been busy working on my mod and some other things but I do really want to try it. Id love to see what that CAI is like now.

is anyone else struggling to download the attachment file? I get taken to a different page, empty, header called php 1x1?

another issue: playing as serbia. I took austria's capital a while back, all of a sudden I cant recruit any units at this city. I was able too, but not any more. Anyone have any ideas?

@Sogdog Attachment file should work , at least i can download it . Does it still not work ?
    And about ur issue this is really wierd , did u try some stuff ingame to fix it ? Like destroying military buildinsg and build it again and see if u can recruit again .

@B-DizL i hope you will like my submod and the changes for TGW .
    Last edited by Zeraphinos; October 14, 2013 at 03:41 PM.

hi. i sorted out the non-ability to recruit units. It was the supply centre that did it! Now to try the attachment again.

Hello Zera!
    First of all thanks for your renewed effort. Atm I'm testing version 5 (GB & FR campaign + some custom battles) and everything functions well so far.
    I really like the new changes u add. Bran Mac Born CAI_MOD is definitive an great improvement.

- Fixed british troops on campaign map use correct sound
    Nice that u fix that, it has really bothered me...

I have notice some things:
    - artillery also use selecting sound for AP & HE rounds (purpose?)
    - now german and british snipers use those howitzer "unit_select" sounds
    -
    about the new bullet flight sounds
    , hm... how can i say that? They are a bit too "massive" and loud imo. In big shootouts it's nearly the only thing u can hear. And even more so when some machine guns or female tanks are involved. No offence, but now it sounds more than Star Wars: Attack of the Clones than WW1... but thats only my impression.
    So now, however, enough with the feedback.

Again, thx for all the work. Seriously mate, rename your submod into patch 5.1.4!
    I definitively recommend your "soundmod" to anyone who play the awesome TGW-Mod!!!

@Sogdog
    another issue: playing as serbia. I took austria's capital a while back, all of a sudden I cant recruit any units at this city. I was able too, but not any more. Anyone have any ideas?
    This also happend in vanilla TGW. It has nothing to do with zera's submod.
    Btw: I got no problems with the download.

Regards
    Last edited by Ivar the Boneless; October 15, 2013 at 01:20 PM.

all sorted my side. i was able to play a saved game after installing 5.0.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast