Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: [Released] Zera's_Sound_v5.0

Default Re: [Released] Zera's_Sound_v5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Zeraphinos View Post
    @Gundil Special if u have no idea about modding like I it was rly frustating at start also TGW team didnt want to help me . And yes u are right that new tankcrew sound use sounds like voice radio bcs i find it separetes them from other units . And yes again u are total right about Panzerlied . its a soldier song from ww2 like many other songs i use in this mod . Bcs i couldnt find many ww 1 songs and personal im not big fan of "march songs" thats why i used them for this mod . And about TGW ww2 submod if they want my help they can pm me . Til now i didnt got any pm , not even one pm from TGW mod team for fixing bugs of their mod . Like "mortar move bug" , "late_mg move bug" , "english troops on campaign map talk spanish bug" and now also "Tachanka MG unit" and if u want i can fix also college to be able to research by changing their building chains .

And Gundil about unit_voices , im not trying to reduce voice variation, i did this only at start for fast fix , what im doing now is to assign every unit form this mod in the "sound_bank_unit_voice_events.xml" but with a different way , i will remove the entry " unit_class" and "unit_voice" so only units will be there . Bcs it just doesnt work with normal way .
    [...]
    As u can see they have different unit_class so for me its a mistery why still heavy howitzer use tank He sound . Thats why i decide to try something different but it needs time bcs i have to add every unit in this file . And if it works i will be happy

Also my english is not very good so can u explain to me what u mean with this "Also, out of curiosity and because I'm quite found of the non-vocal music that you"

Regards Zera
    Zera, sorry for not expressing my thoughts properly. As I'm really fond of the non-vocal (in contrast to the songs) background music that you use for some cultures, especially the eastern one, I'm curious whether you will be adding more of this kind of immersive music to (i.e.) the western and central cultures.

To give you some examples (though, probably not the best ones, as these might not fit into the historical period well):
    Arvo Pärt: Lamentate, Spiegel Im Spiegel, Fratres; Max Richter: Sarajevo, November, Last Days

I'm just pointing to these pieces of music in order to give you an idea of what I was trying to say. Me to I'd not be to happy about military music nor about songs, like in the western culture, being over-represented; instead I believe that for the sake of some musical balance a mixture including some more "peaceful", call it maybe "monotonuous" background music for the campaign might work well. As a matter of fact, I was trying to say in a polite way, that I don't like the "Panzerlied"; only partly so, because its text involves ideas such as "speed", which doesn't exactly depict the reality of wwI tank warfare in general nor the german A7V in particular, lol. Also, I wanted to point to the fact that voice radio wasn't common for tanks even at the beginning of wwII, i.e. the french tanks apparently still for the most part seem to have used morse code or flags for communication! Certainly, no wwI tank would therefore have been equiped with one.

I wish you good luck with changing the unit voices, because some mods, like i.e. NTW3 completely abandoned them due to the "voice bug", which apparently leads to unit voices getting messed up when units are being heavily modified or newly modded units are being added. Don't ask me, how and why this happens, though, I just read about it, I gave up after fiddeling around with the db_tables a bit without success. (I was trying with the 3.1.4 version of PFM, perhaps I should have started with an earlier one.)

Of course, it would be great, if you could include some of the bugfixes as well! I guess real life is going to keep most of the devs busy for the next couple of months, preventing them to implement any significant bugfixes, idk?

Looking forward to your next update!

Libertus

frustrated!!! please hurry with that fix for the russian machine gun. I tried to open the table to fix it myself but it won't allow it ( the pfm 2.4.1).I can open the db filebut not the certain table. Maybe you can just send something quick that deals with that issue. I've russia knocking at my door in heavy forces

Im rly sry kaizarkat . I rly had not much time this weekend . Here i attached new db.pack which should fix it . It contains 3 different db.pack files . One is for TGW default 1.3 , the other for Zera_Sound 5.0 and the other is for my mod which enable tank unit for every faction . Use only one db.pack .
    Attached Files Attached Files

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Zeraphinos View Post
    Im rly sry kaizarkat . I rly had not much time this weekend . Here i attached new db.pack which should fix it . It contains 3 different db.pack files . One is for TGW default 1.3 , the other for Zera_Sound 5.0 and the other is for my mod which enable tank unit for every faction . Use only one db.pack .
    That's awesome and thanks for the quick response and i will try now and let you know how it works. Just in time cause russia is attacking latvia and in it's army it has 2 mg's and tried to auto resolve and i was defeated and lost latvia. In short, i was forced to wait for this fix. Thanks again

Libertus

ok the fix worked, but i just experienced a CTD at end of turn and i do not know if it is britain cause it crashes right when they attack one of my towns on french soil or i wonder if it has to do with ukraine which i liberated just four turns prior to the english attack. Any ideas?

Hello community ,

i want to inform you that i wont update my mod anymore bcs of different reasons . One reason is that i dont have anymore a pc So I really want to thank you to all who were using my mod and helped me with good feedback to improve my mod . Also TGW mod team can , if they want ofc , use my soundmodification for their mod and also everyone else who likes to improve it can use it . I rly dont care

SO thanks again and goodbye !
    Zera

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Sad to see you go man. Great work with the mod + rep

I made my own custom soundtrack for this mod. Is there any way to play with the custom sounds and gameplay changes without the custom music for this mod?

Hello,
    this mod is compatible with TGW 5.1.4??
    Thank.

yeah, it is. although theres a bug with pistols sounding like artillery dont know where exactly thats coming from though.

Herr Lindstrom's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by twcforums View Post
    yeah, it is. although theres a bug with pistols sounding like artillery dont know where exactly thats coming from though.
    I didn't know they had Deagles back in ww1?

You're a god. Thank you so much, TGW is playable now ^^

Is this compatible with 5.2?

VSC24's Avatar Libertus

Highly doubtful at the moment.

I'm not sure, is this mod really compatible with TGW 5.1.4? I noticed the three files all are 2013. Two of the files that this submod replaces is of 2014 from the 5.1.4 patch. I hope this works.

Mod appear to be slightly incompatible with 5.14/5.20: it causes CTDs with some types of artillery firing.

lawandorder82's Avatar Ducenarius

I just want the sounds nothing else anyway to do it

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456