Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Released] Zera's_Sound_v5.0

Default Re: [Released] Zera's_Sound_v5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ivar the Boneless View Post
    I have notice some things:
    - artillery also use selecting sound for AP & HE rounds (purpose?)
    - now german and british snipers use those howitzer "unit_select" sounds
    -
    about the new bullet flight sounds
    , hm... how can i say that? They are a bit too "massive" and loud imo. In big shootouts it's nearly the only thing u can hear. And even more so when some machine guns or female tanks are involved. No offence, but now it sounds more than Star Wars: Attack of the Clones than WW1... but thats only my impression.
    So now, however, enough with the feedback.

Thanks for feedback Ivar the Boneless , i know i can count on you for good feedback !

What i can say about unit_voices is that it is not working like it should , despite tanks and howitzer have total different unit_class still some units use those sounds . Its total a mess .
    I will fix this one and forever but this needs time and i hope it will work also and maybe i can do it this weekend .
    - Yes unfortunately i thought i found good sound balance btw bullet flight and impact sounds . But u are total right bullet_flight sounds are to loud . This will get fixed also .

And again im rly sry that this version had so problems , i will try to fix everything this weekend .

Btw if u guys have some suggestions or ideas regarding sounds , feel free to tell me . I will try to do everything what i can .

Regards Zera

i read somewhere this mod also changed the AI is this true
    God dam, I wish Boromir survived

Great mod, thank you!.

Quote Originally Posted by Hospitallers Kane View Post
    i read somewhere this mod also changed the AI is this true
    Yes based on Bran Mac Born CAI , i changed some values to make CAI more aggressive , bcs it was wished from member Sogdog . But main focus of this mod are sounds .

Quote Originally Posted by Tyockell18 View Post
    Great mod, thank you!.
    I have to thank you for using my mod .

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Everyone who uses this mod please post about how the CAI behaves now, I'm very interested to hear the results.

Sogdog's Avatar Centenarius

I was playing as Serbia, world peace prevailed. I loaded ur mod and within 5 turns Russia (my ally) declared war on me. Then all my allies joined in. We are pushing massive stacks of russian armies east of austrian capital. I win most battles but the russians keep coming. Nice!

Patrician

Who are you allied with?

italy, france, spain. Italy and France have been fighting the russians the most!

Patrician

So are Austria and Germany gone at this point in your game?

duerker von eden's Avatar Tiro

now my qustion is how can i fix the mortars not moving when im coming into a battle has reinforcments my mortars dont move so i cant get the rest of my army. after a few mins it crashes.

no. They are reduced to one province each.

yeah holland still steam roller-ed Germany but the sounds are AMAZING
    God dam, I wish Boromir survived

Zera,
    I have been too busy using your mod, that I have not found the time to tell you how fantastic it is. May I ask you how you added the new sounds and made a specific sound play when the weapon fired?

Best Wishes,
    xoGIORGIOox

Quote Originally Posted by xoGIORGIOox View Post
    Zera,
    I have been too busy using your mod, that I have not found the time to tell you how fantastic it is. May I ask you how you added the new sounds and made a specific sound play when the weapon fired?

Best Wishes,
    xoGIORGIOox
    Thank you guys , i really appreciate that u like my mod . So to ur question . I will give you an example how u can do it . Its not 100 % the way i did but its fast . Ur goal is for example that german troops use specific weapon fire then other troops .
    But before u start u need 4 programms .

-Pack file manager 2.4.1
    -Symphony <--unpack/pack soundbank_database
    - Notepad ++ <-- editing soundbank.xml files
    - Excel <-- for editing sound_event csv file
    - I use also Audacity for editing/formating sounds

If u check default GreatWar_DB.pack the "projectile tables" the most important columns for sounds are "shot_type" and "gun_type" . As u see nearly all missile units have "bullet" and "musket carbine" . Now german troops use those lines "rifle_early_mauser" and rifle_late_mauser" (under units_stats_land_tables u can see exactly which unit use this entry) change from those line the shot_type to air_pellet. First step is done.

Unpack with symphony soundbank_database from NTW and open with Notepad++ this file "sound_bank_projectile_fire.xml" .
    Add this new "sound_event" to the file

<sound_bank_event sound_event_name="unnamed_event_4000"> Note: Important is that u dont use same sound_event_name!!!
    <gun_type>musket_carbine</gun_type>
    <shot_type>air_pellet</shot_type>
    </sound_bank_event>

Save file and ur done .

Next step is to add to the sound_events.csv file the new sound_event
    So open with excel sound_event.csv and add this new line should look like this ;
    unnamed_event_4000,projectiles,0.400000,-4.000000,2.000000,0.250000,65.000000,1.500000,0.000000,90.000000,0.000000,random_cycle,sfx,1.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.500000,0.000000,0.000000,1.000000,none,0.000000,default,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,1000.000000,0.000000,sfx\weapons\muskets\german_rifle.wav,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Save it and ur done .

Now open Great_War_Media_Sound.pack and add to the folder "muskets" ur new sound with the name "german_rifle" in .wav format .

Now pack with symphony sound_bank files and replace them with the ones inside Great_war_media_sound.pack . Save everything and ur done . Now ingame german troop will use only this sound for weapon fire and other troops will use others . Ofc u can add more sounds and so on and also edit sound.file under sound_event . I hope i could help you . That is the way how i gave specific sounds to artillery / infantry / tank and so on .

Did i answer ur question right xoGIORGIOox ?
    Last edited by Zeraphinos; October 25, 2013 at 04:44 PM.

Libertus

i must admit the cai is aggressive, but the bai is still predictable. Sometimes they flank you but that's only because they move toward the artillery positions.So maybe the bai could improve. But the biggest problem i now face is a bad unit in the russian army. When i faced off with this particular army i got a CTD. I do not know which unit it is and never experienced this before until 5.0. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by kaizerkat View Post
    ...the biggest problem i now face is a bad unit in the russian army. When i faced off with this particular army i got a CTD. I do not know which unit it is and never experienced this before until 5.0. Any ideas?
    This problem has already been stated in the "Bugs thread" in this forum. The concerned unit is the russian "Tachanka" horse machine gun. Zeraphinos 5.0 sound-submod has nothing to do with the CTDs this unit causes on load-up of campaign and custom battles. As a matter of fact, Zeraphinos announced that the bug-fix is going to be included in their next update of the sound-submod. (Does autoresolve lead to CTD, as well? - I know, that's not a satifsfying solution.)

They also included some hints on graphics and unit size settings, which apparently help with avoiding ctds that are commonly being related to some bad tech and buildings. I haven't verified those work-arounds so far, though.

@Zeraphinos:

Thank you very much for this appealing submod. Your last post above gives a glimpse of an idea what a tremendous effort you put into modding such a complexe mod like TGW.
    The music really helps with the immersion. One thought: The tankcrews seem to actually use voice radio? This and the "Panzerfahrerlied" would be best suited for the TGW wwII submod, I guess?
    I wonder, if you are planning to avoid the voice bug by reducing voice variation to kind of a simple "Yes, sir!", as this might be the least problematic solution? The napoleonic voice samples aren't suited for this timeframe anymore anyway? Also, out of curiosity and because I'm quite found of the non-vocal music that you

@kaizerkat Like Gundil said the unit "Tachanke Machine gun" ( russian mg unit ) has wrong entry under "units_stats_land_tables . It has a different "gun_type" that isnt assigned under "gun_types_table" . So as soon as game try to load this unit it will cause CTD . IF u want u can fix it on ur own by changing their "gun_type" to "machine_gun_early_etienne" or wait for my next version .

@Gundil Special if u have no idea about modding like I it was rly frustating at start also TGW team didnt want to help me . And yes u are right that new tankcrew sound use sounds like voice radio bcs i find it separetes them from other units . And yes again u are total right about Panzerlied . its a soldier song from ww2 like many other songs i use in this mod . Bcs i couldnt find many ww 1 songs and personal im not big fan of "march songs" thats why i used them for this mod . And about TGW ww2 submod if they want my help they can pm me . Til now i didnt got any pm , not even one pm from TGW mod team for fixing bugs of their mod . Like "mortar move bug" , "late_mg move bug" , "english troops on campaign map talk spanish bug" and now also "Tachanka MG unit" and if u want i can fix also college to be able to research by changing their building chains .

And Gundil about unit_voices , im not trying to reduce voice variation, i did this only at start for fast fix , what im doing now is to assign every unit form this mod in the "sound_bank_unit_voice_events.xml" but with a different way , i will remove the entry " unit_class" and "unit_voice" so only units will be there . Bcs it just doesnt work with normal way .

For example the new sound i add when u select different shells . I want that tanks use new sound and arty default ntw sound . Thats how i wrote it in the files , i changed also units_tables to have different "unit_classes" and "unit_voices" look this

New sound
    sound_bank_event sound_event_name="unit_voices_Tank_HE">
    <event>unit_voices_shot_type_quicklime</event>
    <unit>Art_Late_Tank_Male_A7v</unit>
    <unit>Art_Late_Tank_Male_Mark2</unit>
    <unit>Art_Late_Tank_Male_Mark2captured</unit>
    <unit_class>artillery_horse</unit_class>
    <unit_voice>artillery_light_horse</unit_voice>
    <unit_voice>artillery_heavy_cannon</unit_voice>
    <unit_voice>artillery_medium_howitzer</unit_voice>
    </sound_bank_event>

Default NTW sound
    sound_bank_event sound_event_name="unit_voices_shot_type_quicklime_artillery">
    <event>unit_voices_shot_type_quicklime</event>
    <unit>Art_Mid_Mortar_Gas</unit>
    <unit>Art_Mid_Howitzer_Heavy</unit>
    <unit_class>artillery_fixed</unit_class>
    <unit_class>artillery_foot</unit_class>
    <unit_voice>artillery_medium_howitzer</unit_voice>
    <unit_voice>artillery_heavy_mortar</unit_voice>
    </sound_bank_event>

As u can see they have different unit_class so for me its a mistery why still heavy howitzer use tank He sound . Thats why i decide to try something different but it needs time bcs i have to add every unit in this file . And if it works i will be happy

Also my english is not very good so can u explain to me what u mean with this "Also, out of curiosity and because I'm quite found of the non-vocal music that you"

Regards Zera

Libertus

what editing tool do you use to change the macne gun stats? I have pfm but it won't allow me to open

Quote Originally Posted by kaizerkat View Post
    what editing tool do you use to change the macne gun stats? I have pfm but it won't allow me to open
    I use Pack file manager 2.4.1 for editing .pack files .

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast