Thread: Problem loading Campaign

Alec_S's Avatar Laetus

Default Problem loading Campaign

Firstly, sorry if this is the wrong place for it, I have just returned to the site after a long time away from Total War.

I recently downloaded the Roma Surrectum mod in it's latest version to my clean vanilla version of Rome: Total War Gold. I have the game via Steam. I installed the mod straight to the steam Rome Total War folder as I had previously tried following the "create a new directory" method, which did not work. The game works in all areas, Custom Battles, etc. However, when I go to start a new campaign I am met with an issue.

The following steps in starting a new Campaign work fine:

Selecting a faction in the launcher -> Starting via the Launcher -> Choosing Campaign difficulty etc. -> the Scrolling writing and short campaign background info

However, the arrow to continue does not function. The audio function of this selective arrow at the bottom right of the screen makes the usual audio clip play, but no progression into the game is possible. Only the previous arrow maintains it's function--ie returning to selecting difficulty etc. The scrolling writing simply repeats itself over and over and I cannot progress.

I hope this is an issue you have dealt with in the past and can aid me with; I would be much appreciative.

Warm regards,
    Alec

Default Re: Problem loading Campaign

are you starting the game via the rs2 launcher or are you starting through the original .exe or steam?

Alec_S's Avatar Laetus

I am starting the game via the Roma Surrectum Launcher. I started the game through steam initially but found that the Campaign options were not actually present so presently I was of the belief that the only way a campaign could be started was through the Roma Surrectum launcher; so yes the former in your list. I ensured that that Steam was set to my username as appropriate and managed to progress all the way up until the second scrolled writing. I first encountered the scrolled background after selecting the campaign option; the bottom-right arrow at this point progressed me onto choosing difficult and whatnot. After this stage it then showed me the scrolled writing again, only progression via the designated arrow-button was an impossibility.

any chance you could take a screen shot or two?? perhaps with fraps?

Alec_S's Avatar Laetus

I will do so if the problem persists. As of writing I'm currently trying the good old method of--fresh-install. I'll make sure to update this thread with the result of that. If the problem persists I will post screenshots with the issue.

Thank you very much.