Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: == INVASIO BARBARORUM v6 DISCUSSION ==

Default Re: == INVASIO BARBARORUM v6 Discussion ==

hmm,i fixed the fault in the descr_battles and i'm not playing with the romano brit.I saved a game...then i loaded the save and game crashed...odd.Now every time i try to load that save game it crashes...it crashes right at the moment when it finishes loading.

EDIT...ok...this is wierd..i get random CTD when i play with romano-british.No msg...just error (exe i think).
    Last edited by anunnak; September 12, 2006 at 12:49 PM.
    ROME TOTAL REALISM DEV TEAM MEMBER

Sarmatian horde Agrigantes doesnt have texture on the horse.The normal Agrigantes has...but not the horde Agrigantes.

Jeezus you're fast. 2 Quick fixes in as many days. Wish you worked on some of the other eagerly awaited mods out there.

Well I'll be damned, it worked !!! Thank you so much Saulot333 !! And to you Ramon for getting us that descr_charcater update, it did the trick !

I went right to the culprit and played as the WRE and zoomed all around the map, with fear at first, and to my amazement can now play the game. You guys are the best, will post any bugs that haven't been caught if I see one.

Now one question guys, should I upgrade to 6.02 now and if so do I have to change anything, still working with plain version 6.0 .

Caligula

keep getting crash to desktop when i try to fight the constantine empire as the wre.

i always get this message.

data/models/textures/#standard_unit_general_glow or something like that.
    SPrinkZ wrote:
    You DO hate America, DISSENT IS PART OF BEING A GOOD PATRIOT.

Deal with it Nazi.

with the roman british i have a ctd at the end of the turn against the pics and i can do nothing

I had a lockup (music kept playing, everything else froze, had to hard reset) during a battle with the Visigoths against WRE. I had my general, skirmisher cavalry and foot skirmishers (Raiders IIRC), they had 2 sets of elite infantry (Palatinae and Comitatensis IIRC) and 3 sets of elite cavalry (Laterani, Clibanarii, ?Comitatensis?). It could have been a death animation of the cavalry guys; my troops had just held their final charge.

Apart from that, sheer w00tness. So many shiny new things!

Guys, you have made the def BI mod. Period.

(I still expect it to be seriously buggy. But that does not change a thing)

"Akabar con lo establecido,
    poner fin a la disciplina,
    borrar más de mil normas sin sentido...

¡Anarkía y cerveza fría!
    Sin más fronteras ke las de la propia vida."
    -- Disidencia

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Hi Ramon,

V6 is just fantastic with lots of new units. I'm wondering how to prevent barbarians from using seige equipment as in real life they didn't have the capability apart from constructing ladders or primitive forms of battering rams. This is why the Romans developed fortified cities and forts because they knew that barbarian tribes generally didn't have the capability. Most of their seiges involved starving out the inhabitants.

The Sassanids were different as they did have the capability. So what files have to be altered to prevent barbarians from using siege towers.

Thanks.

The effort you have done on this mod is outstanding.

Julianus Heraclius

Ramon
    All that can be said Ramon is SUPERB absolutly Bloody Superb!!
    I have been enjoying IBFD from the begining supporting AR then Gersh, and I knew from the start when you, joined by Mylae, Celt, Goth and Hans K took on keeping the mod alive something special would come of it.Congrats to you all as well as Galloper,Onire and Uuve on a historically as well as visually rich playing experience!
    Brillant work Gentlemen
    I salute you
    AVE

Last Defender of the West

Semisalis

HI,

I downloaded an installed the 6.02 patch but I still get CTDs without error messages when I play as any faction in campaign mode. I dont know what I'm doing wrong.
    In ethical theory, I should care. I know that I should care. However, emotionally, to be perfectly honest, I don't give a damn.
    --Darth Wong

CTD Turn 1 battle as WRE vs Constantini Empire (WRE rebels). Patched to quickfix 6.02.

Generic Error:

Failed to find texture "bi/data/sprites/empire_west_rebels_vegilites_sprite_000.tga"

Keep up the hard work Ramon, once this thing is bug free this will be AMAZING

BOY the Hephalites are UBER!

I think I found my favorite faction...

Anyways, there is a crashing model:

I get a CTD with the following popup:

"Script Error in bi/data/descr_model_battle.txt, at line 1573, column 28.

Model database failed to load model bi/data/models_unit/RGyG_unit_hvar_lancer.cas."

EDIT: There is an "orphan" lancer in the models_unit directory: RGyG_unit_cavalry_lancer.cas - it does not appear in descr_model_battle.txt.

bi/data/models_unit/textures/RGyG_unit_hvar_lancer.tga does exist. bi/data/sprites/roxolani_avar_archers_sprite.spr also exists

I shall try and use the "cavalry_lancer" .cas instead.

Played as Hephalites, no problems yet. I think I'm gonna own the NW map corner - it is correct that you cannot cross the Volga(?), no?

Ramon, you are the man! My salutes to the team - everybody did a splendid job!
    Last edited by Hanno the Navigator; September 12, 2006 at 10:41 PM.

¡Anarkía y cerveza fría!
    -- Disidencia

Yes, it works! The model is the correct one.

Here is the working section of my descr_model_battle.txt:

;============================================
    ;ROXOLANI-R
    ;============================================

type avar_lancer
    skeleton fs_thp_m_spearman
    indiv_range 40
    texture slave, bi/data/models_unit/textures/RGyG_unit_hvar_lancer.tga
    texture roxolani, bi/data/models_unit/textures/RGyG_unit_hvar_lancer.tga
    model_flexi bi/data/models_unit/RGyG_unit_cavalry_lancer.cas, 15
    model_flexi bi/data/models_unit/RGyG_unit_cavalry_lancer.cas, 30
    model_flexi bi/data/models_unit/RGyG_unit_cavalry_lancer.cas, 40
    model_flexi bi/data/models_unit/RGyG_unit_cavalry_lancer.cas, max
    model_sprite slave, 60.0, bi/data/sprites/roxolani_avar_lancer_sprite.spr
    model_sprite roxolani, 60.0, bi/data/sprites/roxolani_avar_lancer_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

¡Anarkía y cerveza fría!
    -- Disidencia

No, that isn't a banana

I noticed that this error: "Failed to found texture bi/models-unit/textures/RGyG_unit_roman_auxilla.tga " was to be fixed in 6.01, but I am still getting the error/CTD from this bug, any suggestions?

Edit - nvm - noticed it was a spelling error in the TGA file, so I've fixed it.
    Last edited by OTZ; September 13, 2006 at 05:33 AM.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

just to say great mod, thanks a lot. Can´t report some problems with the Huns because of my very very vey bad english, sorry. Anyway, great mod.

Hmm...i think the huns are a bit too powerfull in numbers,maybe u can take some of their hordes away from the south...they steamrolled ERE in a few years.

CTD Report: Attacking Campus Sakae at the start of the Hephtalites campaign, the game CTDs when zooming on the rebel units

Foederati Skirmisher Cavalry doesnt have icon.This unit was in a rebel city,former Imperium Constantini city i think,Avaricum.

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

thanks for the kind words everyone, however I shall
    Quote Originally Posted by anunnak
    Foederati Skirmisher Cavalry doesnt have icon.This unit was in a rebel city,former Imperium Constantini city i think,Avaricum.
    Hmm...i think the huns are a bit too powerfull in numbers,maybe u can take some of their hordes away from the south...they steamrolled ERE in a few years.
    when both factions are AI, the huns don't even attack ERE, at least in my tests, they go for the rebel germans, AI ERE was too powerful w/out any real chalklengers in the west, will wait a bit more b4 making a decision on this
    Sarmatian horde Agrigantes doesnt have texture on the horse.The normal Agrigantes has...but not the horde Agrigantes.
    yes, this is very strange indeed I tried playing the ERE then attacking the Hun army w/ the argaragantes and true enough no texture, But when I played the huns using the same army to attack ERE army, the testure was there?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Galestrum
    CTD Turn 1 battle as WRE vs Constantini Empire (WRE rebels). Patched to quickfix 6.02.
    Generic Error:
    Failed to find texture "bi/data/sprites/empire_west_rebels_vegilites_sprite_000.tga"
    Keep up the hard work Ramon, once this thing is bug free this will be AMAZING
    made a mistake in the sprite in 6.02 it was '...vegilites_sprite_000.dds', forgot to add the '.tga' in between, will update next vers
    Quote Originally Posted by maddhadder01
    keep getting crash to desktop when i try to fight the constantine empire as the wre.i always get this message.
    data/models/textures/#standard_unit_general_glow or something like that.
    that's very strange as this is in RTW's data folder which IBFD doesn't touch at all. did u install any other mod? if its a fresh install maybe u had a faulty install?
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian horde
    HI,I downloaded an installed the 6.02 patch but I still get CTDs without error messages when I play as any faction in campaign mode. I dont know what I'm doing wrong.
    barbarian horde, can u try Saulot333's fix? u can also DL it in the DL section, under options but here it is again:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/32871316/...strat.rar.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanno the Navigator
    I think I'm gonna own the NW map corner - it is correct that you cannot cross the Volga(?), no?
    yup u couldn't cross the Volga - did this to make sure the Huns doesn't suddenly end up attacking the Hephthalites or vice versa. tahnks for the avar lancers report
    Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius
    ... I'm wondering how to prevent barbarians from using seige equipment as in real life they didn't have the capability apart from constructing ladders or primitive forms of battering rams. This is why the Romans developed fortified cities and forts because they knew that barbarian tribes generally didn't have the capability. Most of their seiges involved starving out the inhabitants. The Sassanids were different as they did have the capability. So what files have to be altered to prevent barbarians from using siege towers.
    I tried descr_engines.txt but that didn't work, I really don't know, if somebody does pls enlighten us
    Quote Originally Posted by saulot333
    CTD Report: Attacking Campus Sakae at the start of the Hephtalites campaign, the game CTDs when zooming on the rebel units
    I tested this, attacking Campus Sakae at the start of thew campaign, I didn't get any CTD even when zooming in on rebels
    Quote Originally Posted by Fury,RSN
    with the roman british i have a ctd at the end of the turn against the pics and i can do nothing
    hmmm... seems like the RB are getting a lot of reported bugs :hmmm:
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

I must say this is the best mod i ve ever played .But of course it has mistakes. For example :hmmm: I discovered a fatal CTD when playing with mauri.In the beginning of the campaign i clicked hire mercenaries button and it went to desktop.
    There is only one thing has to be done.I think a music mod must be implented
    I have a huge mp3 archive and can help with it. I can give a hand if you want it
    See ya gotta kick those romans ass !!!

.....Searching for bugs for the best mod ever.....
    Last edited by Ihatemonday; September 13, 2006 at 09:36 AM.