Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: == INVASIO BARBARORUM v6 DISCUSSION ==

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

Default == INVASIO BARBARORUM v6 DISCUSSION ==

IBFD 6 is now available in the DOWNLOADS section
    Last edited by Ramon Gonzales y Garcia; September 09, 2006 at 03:27 PM.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: == Invasio Barbarorum v6 Discussion ==

i looked at the download section and couldnt find it could you tell me where i can get it?
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

wait a bit... am just rearranging the forum for now while uploading the mod
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Cool, I was waiting for this, since I can't really stand regular BI... I haven't tried the earlier versions as I kept reading that they are much more unstable.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

k
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

IBFD 6 available for DL!!!
    be the first to get it!!!
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Isnogood's Avatar Miles

Downloading Now !

Thanx man, have been waiting for this for weeks !!!

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

i cant breath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha! I was the first to download off the rapidshare mirror! IBFD6 rocks. I have already conquered Constantinople as the Huns. The Romans are doomed.

Seriously- everything looks marvelous. I hope the comparison doesn't offend but IBFD is the EB of the late period- which is a good thing as far as i'm concerned. I'd love to see it go even further in that direction, with more role-play and immersion elements, more history embedded in the campaign and so on. But the units themselves could not be bettered.

Kudos to you, Ramon and the whole team. It's beautiful.
    Last edited by oudysseos; September 09, 2006 at 08:08 PM.

downloading now, thx!!

Hi there,

Looks great so far, even though I have not played it. While I was just bouncing around the factions and looking at what was new I found a few things that appear to be wrong so far. And just so you know, when the advisor pops up and asks for to start the script, i clicked the advisor and then the "show me how" button type deal that kills the current faction leaders.

ERE
    Many of the elite ERE roman units have 1 denarri recruitment costs, I can't imagine that is what you wanted. The following units have (1) denari recruitment costs: Hippo-toxotai, legio palatinae, cataphracts, clibinarri, scholae clibinari & Comitatensus Prima Cohortis (**note they also have a real low upkeep at only 240 denari a turn).

The small Sea to the East of Jerusalem looks funky and glitchy (that just maybe my computer but ive never had problems with it before)

The desert levies do not have a unit card.

WRE
    No unit cards for the Sagitarri Gravis & Hippo-toxotai and a few others i forgot to write.

Same issue with same units regarding unit cost as i posted above for the ERE units.

I'll update as I play more and start to fight battles.

Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Galestrum; September 10, 2006 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galestrum
    Hi there,

Looks great so far, even though I have not played it. While I was just bouncing around the factions and looking at what was new I found a few things that appear to be wrong so far. And just so you know, when the advisor pops up and asks for to start the script, i clicked the advisor and then the "show me how" button type deal that kills the current faction leaders.
    this was done on purpose to enable more or less historical family trees.
    -Gaiseric and Gunderic (Vandals) were brothers, their father Gondegusulus having died very recently
    -same with Alaric and Ataulf (Visigoths), brothers.
    -I also decided to kill off Mundzuk (Atilla and Bleda's father) though it should actually happen much later (with Atilla also being actually born a bit later).
    the family trees of the Roman Emperors are also supposed to be sharing same personages, Placidia should be Honorius' sister and Constantius married to her, but I wasn;t able to do it... maybe script a marriage? but for now it should be OK.

ERE
    Many of the elite ERE roman units have 1 denarri recruitment costs, I can't imagine that is what you wanted. The following units have (1) denari recruitment costs: Hippo-toxotai, legio palatinae, cataphracts, clibinarri, scholae clibinari & Comitatensus Prima Cohortis (**note they also have a real low upkeep at only 240 denari a turn).
    whoa!!! thanks for the info!!! will correct this ASAP!!!
    EDIT: I think I understand what happened seems like Caligula messed up some numbers?! 1243 became 1,243!!!, etc.

The small Sea to the East of Jerusalem looks funky and glitchy (that just maybe my computer but ive never had problems with it before)
    am not really the maps guy, I hope the celt will do something about that.

The desert levies do not have a unit card.
    sorry, missed that I actually noticed this but forgot to correct it.

WRE
    No unit cards for the Sagitarri Gravis & Hippo-toxotai and a few others i forgot to write.

Same issue with same units regarding unit cost as i posted above for the ERE units.

I'll update as I play more and start to fight battles.

Keep up the good work!
    thanks for the bug reports, will wait a bit more before uploading a fix
    Last edited by Ramon Gonzales y Garcia; September 10, 2006 at 02:02 AM.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Great mod! I started my first lookup with very very interesting faction Lakhmids, hard is hard, beeing in the middle of 2 superpowers well after some alliances i was attacked by both and i was geting assasinated like every turn one of my family or generlas died!!!!! I just cant belive it, in all other mods you are assasinated like twice in 100 turns. This is great now i need more assasinators and spys

I get CTD when i was attacking romans

Failed to found texture bi/models-unit/textures/RGyG_unit_roman_auxilla.tga

not really sure what unit could be requesting the RGyG_unit_roman_auxilla.tga :hmmm: but will put in such a texture, u can copy and rename 'bi/data/models_unit/textures/RGyG_aux_roman_auxilia.tga.dds' to 'RGyG_unit_roman_auxilla.tga.dds' for the meantime.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Wow, you finally released it! I'm very happy about it, i'll test it as soon as I can!
    Currently playing: Lands to Conquer 2.1 with burreks & whitewolfes reskins on VH/VH

Foederatus

Mod looks great,i can play custom battles but when i try to start up a campaign it ctd with out any error message.I re instalt it for 5 times and it still ctd.

Black Francis's Avatar -IN-NOMINE-XPI-VINCAS-

Awesome, its finally out!

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

Sarmatian Horde Argaragantes has no horse texture,Paighan have 0 turn to recruit,desert levies have 0 turn too and no icon.One more thing...Napoca is not on the east side of the carpathians mountains...it's on the west side in northen Transilvania...The other city "Colonia Dacia"(the name is actually "Colonia Ulpia Traiana Augusta Dacica Sarmizegetusa" but we could go with the one u gave too as the city isnt relevant for this time period,it was abandoned long ago) a little bit futher east in the mountain pass.
    ROME TOTAL REALISM DEV TEAM MEMBER

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

Quote Originally Posted by Maedhros
    Mod looks great,i can play custom battles but when i try to start up a campaign it ctd with out any error message.I re instalt it for 5 times and it still ctd.
    Please delete map.rwm file from world/maps/base folder and see what's happening then

We will be looking into releasing fix so please report any errors/glitches/bugs as you come across them -version 6 has been tested for few months but it is very likely we have missed few bits.Meanwhile we do appreciate all feedback.
    Last edited by Hans Kloss; September 10, 2006 at 06:58 AM.

Civitate

Cool, the beta never really worked on my PC for some reason, im sure this will.

Sarmatian Horde Argaragantes has no horse texture,Paighan have 0 turn to recruit,desert levies have 0 turn too and no icon.One more thing...Napoca is not on the east side of the carpathians mountains...it's on the west side in northen Transilvania...The other city "Colonia Dacia"(the name is actually "Colonia Ulpia Traiana Augusta Dacica Sarmizegetusa" but we could go with the one u gave too as the city isnt relevant for this time period,it was abandoned long ago) a little bit futher east in the mountain pass.

Desert levies are notoriously crappy, ERE infantry own them, the only way that tehy are any good is in vast quantities.
    And IIRC Paighan are not exactly brilliant either.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast