Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Westeros Realms Mod - v0.45 released

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WRM - Westeros Realms Mod (VERSION 0.30 RELEASED!) (Links to previews in OP)

You know, if you took this mod plus the map of the fire and blood mod, youd have an epic mod.

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WRM - Westeros Realms Mod (VERSION 0.30 RELEASED!) (Links to previews in OP)

FaB map is unstable (moreso than this) Work on this will be slower than I would have liked. I am sorry.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?576360-Absence-thread/page14

Just a quick update.......

Will have some pics up soon, but I have added a fair few settlements to Toho's released map, which shall be a better battleground for the Kings and Lords of Westeros.
    There shall be more settlements, a few of which have not been represented in any other submods (even FaB )
    A few women are unmarriable princesses ect. ect.

Alright, some may have seen AdmiralThrawn's Golden Company skins, if not, check them out here. He graciously accepted my request for them to become part of WRM (I went to him a few days before he announced them) so Aegon Targaryen shall hopefully be present in WRM 0.4 (which sets the release back a few days, but shouldn't be too major)

Here is a small preview of the Settlements added/changed from Toho's map release. I was lazy, so this is actually an outdated set of pics, however, it shows pretty much what to expect in the new map.
    (Almost all character positions have been set properly, and now new Houses are springing up like flies)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/b9..._0.4_Map_1.rar

Your patience is thanked, and remember, keep giving me advice and requests, thank you.

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Stannis the Mannis again.
    Good work nonetheles!

A few things I noticed though....

1) Lots of floating characters (Literally!) - You can easily locate these through a search for 'error' in the log (Will show coords of 0,0 IIRC)
    2) Isn't that a Harlaw sigil on the Ironborn banners?
    3) I see a few settlements are missing from the Iron islands and elsewhere... Is that something missing on Toho's map?

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WRM - Westeros Realms Mod v0.3 released (New Map Preview)

I think some pixels are wrong at the river Mander, either at the map_ground_types.tga or map_heights.tga, you can se that at the water surface.. anyways that is a quick fix! Looks great from what I can tell!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] WRM - Westeros Realms Mod v0.3 released (New Map Preview)

I'm loving it! Nice to see Stokeworth finally included in a submod . Good luck!

Alertoverlord's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    Good work nonetheles!

A few things I noticed though....

1) Lots of floating characters (Literally!) - You can easily locate these through a search for 'error' in the log (Will show coords of 0,0 IIRC)
    2) Isn't that a Harlaw sigil on the Ironborn banners?
    3) I see a few settlements are missing from the Iron islands and elsewhere... Is that something missing on Toho's map?
    1 - Floating characters are because I hadn't changed their positions from the original map, almost finished with changing them
    2 - Yeh, that is because I am using the same map for two different projects and I cba to change it yet
    3 -That is something missing on Toho's map. I have (not shown in pics) added both Twins, Greywater, settlements for House Vypren (settlement not lore friendly) and Goodbrook (kinda lore friendly). The iron islands needs a quick once over as currently they only have three? Castles.
    Need to add some to Stormlands, and Dorne, change Tumbleton on to a town, then add in the resources, check the financial setup, and if needs be, add a few more settlements
    However I don't want to add too many in case the map becomes too crowded (and I need to really consider shifting some settlements around so that they are not too compact)
    Wrong pixels is another on the list, after adding new settlements, then the Houses related to then, then the new Targ faction, then some more scripts, then lordship titles for the new settlements, then some balancing, then necessary changes, then Harlaw sigil.... Then pixels
    Sometime this will be released

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

The wrong pixels are likely 0.0.0 (black) instead of 1.1.1 (black) on the map_heights.. so just trace the tiles around the river with the "pick up rgb-value-tool" and you should find the error pretty fast.
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

When can we expect an update ? pretty please .

Honestly, I do not have a date set in mind for release... There are currently a lot of stuff needing polishing, and yet more stuff that has not had work done on it. The new (and much much much better) version 0.4 (or 0.5) will be released...

And here is a little something I decided to work on...
    This will allow me to more accurately represent the Stormlanders betraying Stannis (how, I have not decided yet)

Is the picture confusing? I thought so..... What you are seeing is denmark (Stannis) and milan (Tyrell) armoured sergeants battling, both sides fielding troops bearing their own sigils (stannis: fiery heart, velyaron seahorse ect.... tyrell: rose, oakheart ect...) and those of renly and the stormlands (stag, griffins, wylde maelstrom ect.)
    These troops will initially be available to stannis (next part haven't looked in to) then after an event, no longer available to stannis but to lannister and tyrell....
    There shall also be part of the Stannis Bannermen script... so instead of just losing a few generals, Stannis loses all the support of the stormlanders.... good times

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Westeros Realms Mod ("New" unit preview/Script)

Fancy

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Westeros Realms Mod

I am thinking that I shall release a Version 0.4 in the next few weeks, with an Aegon emerging faction, and then release version 0.5 with Bolton and Lords Declarant emerging factions, and the Unit Overhaul Submod, which I am assisting AdmiralThrawn with.
    The version 0.4 will be (basically) a placeholder to wait out for the new skins/units which will come with UOS...

I am also having second-thoughts on the Lannister/Joffrey merge...on one hand, it is a more balanced move (in the face of a united riverlands/north... on the other, it means that the King of Westeros is also the Lord of Casterly Rock, and vise versa...

Up to you guys, poll is up for your decision...

I think its time for you to slap out the 0.40

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis the Mannis View Post
    I am also having second-thoughts on the Lannister/Joffrey merge...on one hand, it is a more balanced move (in the face of a united riverlands/north... on the other, it means that the King of Westeros is also the Lord of Casterly Rock, and vise versa...

Up to you guys, poll is up for your decision...
    Well Tywin would still hold the title Lord of Casterly Rock, but it makes a ton of sense for the Lannisters to be one faction. The only problem I can forsee is that it makes it possible for Tywin to be stolen by Arianna, but I think that can be fixed with a "married" trait. Apart from that, I think a merger with Joffrey as leader and Tywin as Hand would make the most sense.

Tywin can't be stolen as he has Jaime/cersei/Tyrion as children...

Alright! In that case I'd say the two should definetly be merged. Mostly b/c us allows Lannister and Joffrey units to occupy the same stacks (which is important for lore-related reasons as now Tyrion can govern King's Landing and fight at the Greenfork).

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

you realize that if joff and tommen die, some lannister will become king? you could prevent that by making ie a "baratheon" trait necessary for your FL to become king. if someone else is FL, he is only called lord regent or stuff.