Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Demesne's public order guide

Default Re: Demesne's public order guide

as a sideinfo: i do plan to spend money on constructions not on the list, how those will work out is up to GM, and RP

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

I think this is great, more rules and more clear markets for purchase etc is exactly what I want from a RPG. For me, the lack of rules or clear rules and lack of ability to do things supported by rules such as construction, trade and building up the rules by what you know you are allowed to do- is something that demotivates me every time I make an alleged mistake, and need to be corrected by mods. I find this sort of thing very comforting and inspiring. Not bad organisational skills for a German

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Hahaha, German. Otherwise, I don't agree. I don't like too much rules, as it makes everything too complicated and might limit players who want to do some out-of-the-box RPing.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Quote Originally Posted by Adamat View Post
    Hahaha, German. Otherwise, I don't agree. I don't like too much rules, as it makes everything too complicated and might limit players who want to do some out-of-the-box RPing.
    I actually am part German, but that's not what he intended.
    Rules should be made to make things more clear, so that there should be no confusion on what the limitations of your character are, we are not gods, after all. especially concerning NPC's. Yet if these do not contribute to clarification, they are unnecessary.
    Out of the box falls outside the rules, in my understanding of the concept, so I don't see how those could be affected by them. I thought of hross discovery of the ancient crown rather out-of-the-box, but it was historically justified, as he explained later, yet that does not mean we should all start pulling pieces of the true cross out of our asses
    Quote Originally Posted by wyrda78 View Post
    Well maybe if there was a thread instructing people on how to mod there would be more modders.

Quote Originally Posted by ╬Ritterbruder╬ View Post
    I actually am part German, but that's not what he intended.
    Rules should be made to make things more clear, so that there should be no confusion on what the limitations of your character are, we are not gods, after all. especially concerning NPC's. Yet if these do not contribute to clarification, they are unnecessary.
    Out of the box falls outside the rules, in my understanding of the concept, so I don't see how those could be affected by them. I thought of hross discovery of the ancient crown rather out-of-the-box, but it was historically justified, as he explained later, yet that does not mean we should all start pulling pieces of the true cross out of our asses
    If you were around to play previous RPGs that were loaded down with rules, you would understand where our concern over more rules comes from. Rules, especially tedious ones, are like anchors. They way down the game and any imagination or RPs people may want to see. The funnest time I have had in games were pure RP based, not rule enforced.

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

not to mention we would have more rolls to do and worry about...and it bogs down the rp...to were its a wait fest for rolls! Not to mention what if there is a rebellion and it puts our own plans on hold...and hold up everyone in turn.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxBxU9wSP8

Ferdinand Von Terl, he knew how to RP before you could even Speak your name!

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

I appreciate that things run the risk of slowing down enough as it is without waiting for mod rolls but building and buying is really fun. I'd personally like to see a market/stock exchange thread where players develop a limited set if resources through a choice of buildings in their region. Each resource has a bonus attached to it such as cavalry unit size bonus etc. then players exchange these resources via RP, haggling etc. it would create much more activity and no need for rolls in building, recruitment or trade. Therefore those three areas can be given more variety and detail to entertain players. Sorry for going OT but its relevant to defending the German's proposal that more building choices are basically more fun for a player and gives him something to play with, rather than get bogged down with waiting for mods

I myself hate building and such things. Never bothered with it in GoT, and I think it isn't needed either.

I myself hate building and such things. Never bothered with it in GoT, and I think it isn't needed either.
    Interesting, I myself dislike the combat part the most in strategy games, and love to construct and improve my lands in peacetime, like in case of EU3 and CK2

The main incentive was to give a reason for stuff to happen in the players fief, triggered by the buildings (or lack thereof), in stead of just being there, pumping out money and soldiers
    I'm perfectly aware that you can just start a revolt by rp'ing it, but if I mastuRP'ed a revolt, that would feel like some last resort of finding something to do, where as this mechanic provides 'neutral/random' events
    Well maybe if there was a thread instructing people on how to mod there would be more modders.

I don't see how you could trigger a rebellion by building something, or am I missing your point?

I don't see how you could trigger a rebellion by building something, or am I missing your point?
    the buildings are there to supress rebellion, to keep you concerned about your fief. The decrees and the conversion rate (which has no real function right now) are more personal, and display your attitude as a ruler towards the rest of the players, where as otherwise most people wouldn't bother with actual government. You can do this in a similar way by RP'ing, yes, but posting stuff on your own home thread out of the blue feels kind of pointless/forced to me, as in saying: I have nothing/no one else to interact with, I'll do it with myself.

Personally, i love to be able to construct buildings to make myself better. Just look at my Hightowers in the AGOT RPG. I was legitimately the strongest minor lord in the game, on par with half of the Lord Paramounts in terms of strength and wealth just because I constructed specific buildings. But, I know playing like that isn't for every one. It really depends on who your are and what kind of player you tend to be.

I disagree. In my opinion, the players should not be expecting big stuff to happen more than occasionally, but rather they should create things to RP about themselves. Mods aren't there to lead the RP, but rather to make sure the game doesn't derail. There's tons of stuff to write about, and quite often other players will want to join in on that sweet idea you just posted. Of course we will reward you with something appropriate if the stuff you write is good.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

I know how you guys feel about this proposal, and I have felt a similar way in the past (I was a huge supporter of some rule additions to GoT, but that's a different problem altogether since it was already bogged down with rules.
    But I refuse to work with stuff like this. It's too reminiscent of the stability rules in GoT as well as the endless levy modifiers (every year almost, you had to do all this math).

Ganbarenippon's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yep. There is a place for all the maths (GoT and BP) but it is nice to have a simpler game too. That's one of the more appealing points of this game adn what makes it different to others on this forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12