Thread: Angle of retribution - judas priest

hunter260859's Avatar Senator

Default Angle of retribution - judas priest

Angel of retribution

Well angel of retribution is the newest album from the metal gods judas priest it's the first album which halford has done with judas priest since 1991 when he left. After buying this album and listend to the first track Judas rising i knew this is going to be a belter and which ever metal fan should have.

judas rising 3:52 is the first track and it is also a great one it starts with a distant riff then slowely get louder then Scott Travis starts with the drums and that is when Halford starts singing this song really means that judas priest is rising back from the ashes of painkiller.

deal with the devil 3:54
    Now deal with the devil is not a great song but it is decent nothing really special but very catchy.

revolution 4:42
    Revolution is an ok song it starts with a guitar riff then moves in with the drums halford does his screaming thing once again overall it is a catchy song.

worth fighting for 4:17
    Worth fighting for is a good song quite emotional like other priest songs from say British steel and it has a great chours it remind me of maybe united and or red white and blue.

Demonizer 4:35 Demonizer is a typical priest song heavy as hell Halford vocals on this is amazing high pitched and steady with with once again a great chours and great backing from glen and kk.

wheels of fire 3:41 Hmmm i didn't really like wheels of fire but it is ok nothing really to say about this song its an ok song but not the greatest priest have ever done.

Angel 4:23 Ah angel a beautiful ballad it almost brang a tear to my eye it's so emotional and soft and meaningful i think it has something to do with the cover of the album which is a huge metal angle the song is basically all done with acoustic and should not be missed.

Hellrider 6:23 My personal fav of this album it starts of simliar to judas rising then gets loud and loud kicking in with the drums and a deep powerful vocal from Halford This should not be missed from any metal fan it truely is that good Great chours.

Eulogy 2:52 This is really like an into to the epic lochness it just a bit of singing from Halford with the same guitar riff throughout the whole song.

lochness 13:29 This is truely an epic starts quiet with gentle vocals from halford then has a soft pitch guitar playing and starts getting more and more heavier not many people like this song i think mainly due to the length of the song. Like so many of priests song it comes with a great chours and everyone should open there mind to this song and forget about the length of time it has.
    Last edited by hunter260859; February 18, 2007 at 04:51 PM.

Default Re: Angle of retribution - judas priest

ty moral man

Regards,

Like yourself 'Hellrider' is my favorite track of the album,not only that but in my top ten favorite Judas Priest songs.
    The quality of the song and the album in general surprised me by how good it was.
    When most bands get to this stage of there life cycle they lose their edge and tend to churn out sub standard albums and rely on their earlier stuff to play in concerts (ac/dc,rolling stones,the who,aerosmith,G'nR,metallica etc etc)
    Hopefully JP can continue this trend.

On a side note the album is called 'Angel of retribution' not 'Angle of retribution'
    see the picture in your first post.

Yours Thankfully
    MM
    Last edited by VALIS; February 18, 2007 at 01:45 AM.

I know i always kept spelling angel like that sorry

Is there a way someone could edit it?

Yes Judas Priest sure are a great band who are still capable of producing good if not great albums i cant wait for there new one to come out.

On a side not i can nearly play all of hellrider.